Imagine that you have just spent months planning your wedding: you’ve dealt with your crazy bridesmaids, the parents, both the “in laws” & “outlaws”, you slaved over the table seating, worried about timelines and obsessed that every detail went perfectly. Now imagine where you want to kick back, relax, play and create wonderful honeymoon memories with your new husband. At Honeymoons.com we have searched the globe to find the most popular and loved honeymoon locations for 2016! These are our top ten most popular honeymoon destinations around the globe.
Imagine stepping into a lush Eden. A mystical place surrounded by iridescent waters. Then enter a lavish honeymoon bungalow complete with its own private beach and stunning views of the exotic terrain. This is what is possible in Fiji. Indeed, on your arrival to Fiji’s 322 islands, you, too, will be convinced that your have landed in Paradise.
Covering over 7,000 sq. miles (1800 sq. km) in the South Pacific, Fiji is one of the most romantic places for a honeymoon. Because of the coral and the excellent visibility in the waters around Fiji, you can also look forward to spectacular snorkeling. An excursion to Beqa Lagoon – the crater of an extinct volcano – won’t disappoint. Turtle Island is particularly known for romance. It is home to the Turtle Island resort that accommodates 14 couples in a one-of-a-kind setting. Here you can explore the Blue Lagoon by day and rendezvous on the beach for a candle lit dinner in the evening.
- Surfing;SkyDive Fiji; Rafting on the Upper Navua River.
- Fiji’s barrier reef, especially Great Astrolabe Reef. The spectacular 160 ft. waterfall at Bouma Falls National Park.
- Don't forget to bring water shoes for your snorkeling adventures.
- Tipping is generally discouraged on Fiji.
For honeymooners who are looking for just sun & fun, Aruba is an ideal destination; with its near-perfect weather and beautiful beaches it is a place to go to find great service and friendly locals.
Aruba is only 20 miles long and 6 miles wide at the widest point and packed with enough beaches, restaurants, nightclubs and casinos to delight even the most picky newlywed. The intimate nature of the island is why so many find it hard not to fall in love with the islands people. The theme of this island is rest & relaxation by day and party & passion by night! The serenity is found by couples who enjoy the island's fine beaches, pool complexes and spas, and the adventure at night is found by couples who find the island's casinos & clubs and take part in this island’s fun as it comes alive.
- An assortment of culinary experiences to please every taste – from tapas to sushi, to Mexican food and margaritas. Check out Moomba Beach Bar & Restaurant overlooking the Caribbean, Marandi (a “romantic hidden gem”) Windows on Aruba for flying fish caviar, or the Champagne Brunch at Le Dome.
- Bubali Bird Sanctuary and the historical Dutch capital city of Oranjestad.
- Rent a 4-wheel drive vehicle to explore some of the more inaccessible, but truly spectacular sites on Aruba.
When you are looking for a honeymoon full of old world charm and romance, a trip to Italy guarantees you will get lost on cobblestone streets, in old classic churches and bistros out of paintings and fall in love all over again. No matter the part of Italy you choose to explore, you will no doubt find yourself taking moonlight walks, enjoying scrumptious meals, experiencing wonderful museums & art, great wine, and fabulous culture.
Choosing a specific region of Italy is too hard for us, as we love it all! From the drama and character of Rome, the romance and one-of a kind atmosphere of Venice, the rolling hills of sunflowers in Tuscany, the endless Florentine culture & shopping in Florence, to the amazing and gorgeous views from the lake and mountains in Lake Como, there is something for everyone. We urge honeymooners considering Italy to study the areas that fit their personality more: for some who find wine fun and important, a tour of the wine country is perfect; for some who love fashion and nightlife, Milan is the place to go; for those who love the water you will want to consider Capri, Lake Como or Venice. However long your honeymoon will be or wherever in Italy you land, I am sure you will wonder why Columbus ever left and find this magical and historic place the trip of a lifetime.
- Back roads bicycle tours. Wine tours. Segway tours of Rome.
- Sienna. The view from the Amalfi Coast. The beach at Ostia. The Porta Portese flea market on an early Sunday morning. Capri.
- Try a wine tasting in the Tuscany countryside. Shop on the Ponte Vecchio in Florence. Eat dinner and then stroll through Rome’s Trastevere. Relax and enjoy a cappuccino in Venice’s Piazza San Marco.
Perfect white-sandy beaches surrounded by emerald waters could easily be described as the center of the romantic universe. To make this “center” true to the description, luxury resorts and spas strategically placed around the island with overwater bungalows, thatched roof villas, and fabled ambiance makes Bora Bora one of the most beautiful islands in the world. Resorts have been welcoming couples for over 40 years and their unique and special services have been perfected and deemed unforgettable. From dusk to dawn, each resort has created their own blend of romantic experiences & unique encounters.
- Exploring the Blue Lagoon by outrigger canoe. Champagne aboard the Boston Whaler. Rent a Wave Runner or Jet ski. Dramatic sunset cruise aboard a catamaran sailboat. The most incredible French Polynesian cuisine at La Villa Mahana. Reserve a table well in advance!
- Exploration of the panoramic overlooks found by hike or 4x4 accompanied by entertaining local guides. The entire island on a helicopter tour. Matira Beach.
- Some say it takes too long to get to Tahiti; but the idea is to breakfast in LA, lunch on Air Tahiti, and dine in Papeete before heading on to Bora Bora.
If you are seeking lots of history, hot sun, warm seas & diverse landscapes then Greece will be your best choice. This country has an enormous amount of fun, culture and great sites to offer honeymooners making the dazzling Greek Islands some of the most desirable destinations for honeymooners worldwide. Among the many islands of Greece there is Mykonos and Santorini who are both known for their spectacular views and unique character. Since Greece is so popular, most resorts have “ready made” itinerary options and “packages” offering couples an easy way to see the best of what the islands have to offer. These packages include tours, adventure rides and even your meals. And although these packages are preset, the variety and number of packages available truly offer something for each couple! P
Whether you want to wile away the hours on a cafe terrace, or explore centuries-old ancient ruins, the islands will offer you what you are looking for. We urge couples to research the different islands and find what strikes them together as the place they want to land and experience.
- Nightlife in the Plaka district of Athens…so exciting!
- Santorini…don’t miss the famous Red Beach. The Acropolis at night. Sunset at Cape Sounion. The ancient Palace of Knossos in Crete.
- Go sailing, or rent a chartered yacht.
Say "aloha" to love and romance on this magical island where you will spend your days lounging by the pool or beach and exploring the many natural wonders of this tropical heaven. Spend your nights dancing in the moonlight enjoying fabulous foods, culture and romance in these islands that many say were created for lovers. Most hotels in the Hawaiian Islands even cater to honeymooners offering a slew of packages, making this destination an easy, “no brainer” place of choice for honeymoon travel. There’s nothing more romantic then long walks on the beach, sunsets and the sounds of guitars softly playing as you relax the night away. These islands don’t only offer beaches and romance they also offer culture, adventure and diversity which is why couples discover that researching each island before you book is the way to go.
- The St. Regis Resort in Kauai: the ultimate in luxury and service! In Waikiki, the Starlight Luau at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, or the 2-hour couples massage at the Hyatt Regency’s Na Hoola Spa.
- Don't miss the whales frolicking off the island of Maui; the sunset from the New Otani Hotel in Waikiki (look for the “green flash” or. the Garden of the Gods on Lanai. Sunset Beach in Oahu.
- Stay and dine at “The Volcano House” on the Big Island of Hawaii. After dinner, literally rendezvous at the rim of the STEAMY volcano.
We think that the moment your feet feel the soft sand and your eyes take hold of the aqua blue waters, you will have no doubt you’re on one of the amazing islands of the Bahamas. It’s not just the comfortable ease or the immediate sense of relaxation that washes over you; it’s the moment you depart from everyday life and find that extraordinary place within yourself and have a trip of a lifetime.
- A romantic dinner at the Graycliff in Nassau, you are sure to get the feeling of being in a place like Ricks Café from the movie Casablanca.
- Stop by the any of the Bahaman outer Islands where the folks are friendly, the fish is fresh and the sunsets are beyond compare.
- Stop by the Atlantis to see what the hype is all about!
In Mexico, you’ll find beautiful natural settings, top-notch tourist services and exquisite cuisine. An exotic destination truly full of romance and culture. For honeymooners who are looking for a warm tropical getaway, consider heading South to Mexico. You'll find beautiful beaches surrounded by lush vegetation, great outdoor activities and a tourism infrastructure capable of pleasing the most demanding newlyweds. With various entertainment options, as well as golf courses, spas, beautiful swimming locations, archaeological zones, museums, nature parks, bars and nightclubs you will be sure not to be bored.
- Dine at the Kookabura, overlooking Acapulco Bay at night. Hire a mariachi band for your destination wedding or for a special dinner on your honeymoon.
- Don't miss The La Perla Divers in Acapulco or catch the whales frolicking in the waters off Los Cabos.
Florida is a safe place to go when you want an affordable adventure with great weather, nice people & a variety of activities to please both newlyweds. Whether you prefer the sanctuary of the Florida Keys, the fast pace of Orlando, or equal parts of both in the Paradise Coast, you have the best of all warm-weather worlds awaiting you in Florida. Looking for a literal fairy tale honeymoon? The bride and her Prince Charming can head for the magic of the Walt Disney World Resorts. Newlyweds can choose from a variety of packages ranging from the honeymoon escape, the deluxe escape and the romantic escape, which combines time at a Disney resort with a cruise to the Bahamas. Oh, and beaches. Lots and lots of glorious tropical beaches.
- The Spa at Amelia Island Plantation to luxuriate in their ‘Chocolate Decadent’ Massage.
- Historic St. Augustine…charming and romantic.
- A drive down Highway 1 through the Keys, then a stay at Parrott Cay Hotel and Resort…ah, what luxury!
Jamaica offers miles of tropical beaches and bone-dry plains set amidst the misty Blue Mountains. Socially speaking the island is full of some of the most down to earth and fun people you will ever meet. Honeymooners may enjoy an entire vacation without ever leaving the sanctity & peace of their all-inclusive resort grounds, making this oasis feel like your very own.
Although most resorts offer their guests everything they need, for those who want to experience a Jamaican cultures, there is an experience unlike any other in the world waiting right outside the resort. The island of Jamaica is the third largest island in the Caribbean offering plenty to do. The beaches on the north coast have been ranked as some of the best in the Caribbean. If remarkable diving and snorkeling is what you are looking for, then this is your spot. Located in the tropical rock pools, many are at the bases of waterfalls found along the inland rivers and streams. Once honeymooners find these locations they can relax in the cool, clear water while enjoying the scenery and listening to the sounds of the surrounding jungle.
The locals their spirituality, unique culture and their intoxicating music, colorful dress and tantalizing cuisine. The streets of the cities are fast paced offering a range of things to see, smells and sounds that you will be sure to enjoy. Remember to enjoy the sights but ALWAYS remain aware of your surroundings, but this is something to remember not just in Jamaica, but also all foreign cities around the world.
- Many have said to not miss dinner via houseboat while floating through a most romantic atmosphere. Jamaica offers endless activities from golfing, diving, sports and swimming.
- Don’t miss stopping by the colorful local markets! Be sure to watch to see the local fisherman coming ashore with the catch of the day!
- Enjoy an afternoon via horseback as you ride down the beach enjoying both the mountains and gorgeous waters.