February, the famed month of love and romance, is the perfect time for couples to bask in their affection for each other. Sure, it might be deemed the chilliest and dampest month of the year, but who’s to say it can’t also host the most sizzling and sunny February honeymoons?
Whether you’re a sandy-toes and salty-kisses kind of couple or prefer something a little less cliché, we’ve got you covered. Be sure to pack your sunglasses and sunblock because we’re about to embark on a journey to some surprising, and not all beachfront, honeymoon destinations perfect for your February honeymoon.
As we turn the calendar page to February, Jamaica‘s turquoise waters, white sand beaches, and tropical climate beckon honeymooners seeking a romantic escape. Let’s explore why this Caribbean paradise becomes an absolute haven for lovebirds for a February honeymoon.
February Weather in Jamaica
February is one of the most pleasant months to visit Jamaica, with average temperatures between 72°F and 88°F. The island has a tropical climate so that visitors can expect warm, sunny days perfect for beach activities.
Rainfall during February is minimal, making it an ideal time for outdoor exploration. However, carrying light rain gear for the occasional quick tropical shower is always wise. Remember, even in February, the tropical sun can be intense, so don’t forget sunscreen and protective clothing.
Best Beaches in Jamaica
Jamaica is home to some of the most stunning beaches in the world. From the famous Seven Mile Beach to the tranquil shores of Treasure Beach, the island boasts a variety of pristine coastal treasures.
Other great beaches to explore in Jamaica include:
- Doctor’s Cave Beach in Montego Bay
- Frenchman’s Cove Beach in Port Antonio
- James Bond Beach near Ocho Rios
Romantic Things to Do in Jamaica
During your February honeymoon in Jamaica, there are numerous romantic activities you can partake in:
- Visit a Waterfall: Jamaica is home to some breathtaking waterfalls. Dunn’s River Falls and Reach Falls are among the best.
- Sunset Cruise: Nothing says romance like a sunset cruise along the coastline, with the warm colors of the setting sun painting the sky.
- Beach Picnic: The weather in February is ideal for a picnic on the idyllic beaches of Jamaica, such as Doctor’s Cave Beach or Negril Seven Mile Beach.
- Couples Massage: Many resorts in Jamaica offer couples’ spa treatments. You can relax and rejuvenate together in a serene setting.
- Horseback Riding: Experience Jamaica’s beautiful landscapes on horseback. It’s a unique way to explore the island; many tours even include beach rides.
- Bamboo River Rafting: This hour-and-a-half tour is designed for two people and begins on land with a walk through “Miss Martha’s Herb Garden” before boarding the rafts. Let your captain navigate the river while taking in the sights of beautiful birds and local flora.
Where to Stay in Jamaica for a Honeymoon
Several resorts and hotels offer exceptional services and romantic settings for a honeymoon in Jamaica. Here are a few recommendations:
- Sandals Royal Caribbean: This Montego Bay resort offers luxurious over-the-water villas, private beach access, and numerous dining options. Their honeymoon package includes a romantic private dinner for two.
- The Caves: Known for its rustic charm, it offers cliff-side cottages with amazing views. The hotel also offers private cave dining—an intimate, unique experience.
- Sandals Dunn’s River: Located in Ocho Rios, this resort is perfect for couples looking to relax and unwind. Sandals Dunn’s River has everything from private beach cabanas to candlelit dinners on the beach.
Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico
Experience the magic of Mexico‘s Yucatan Peninsula for your February honeymoon. Brimming with natural beauty, historical significance, and vibrant culture, this stunning region provides the perfect romantic escape.
Whether you’re adventure seekers, history buffs, or beach loungers, the Yucatan Peninsula has something to offer all honeymooners.
February Weather in the Yucatan Peninsula
A February honeymoon in the Yucatan Peninsula offers lovebirds a pleasant escape from harsh winter climates. The region experiences temperatures between 68°F and 86°F, creating an ideal environment for beach activities and exploration.
The temperature of the sea is typically around 79°, perfect for swimming, snorkeling, or diving. February also falls within the dry season, characterized by low rainfall and high sunshine hours, augmenting the overall favorable conditions.
Pack light clothing, a versatile jacket for cooler evenings, and sun protection essentials.
Best Things to Do in the Yucatan Peninsula
- Explore the Mayan Ruins: The Yucatan Peninsula is home to numerous ancient Mayan ruins, including Chichen Itza and Tulum. These archaeological sites offer a glimpse into the rich history and culture of the Mayan civilization.
- Visit Cenotes: These natural sinkholes, filled with crystal clear water, are perfect for swimming and snorkeling. Some of the most famous cenotes include the Ik Kil and Suytun.
- Savor Local Cuisine: The Yucatan Peninsula is known for its unique and flavorful dishes. Don’t miss sampling delicacies like cochinita pibil (slow-roasted pork) and sopa de lima (lime soup).
- Relax on the Beaches: The region boasts some of the world’s most beautiful beaches. Spend a day basking in the sun or participating in water sports.
- Explore the Underwater Museum (MUSA): This unique museum features over 500 submerged sculptures just off the coast of Cancun. It creates a surreal underwater landscape for divers and snorkelers.
Best Beaches in the Yucatan Peninsula
- Playa Delfines: One of Cancun’s largest beaches, it’s known for its expansive stretch of white sand. It’s an ideal spot for sunbathing and picnicking.
- Playa Norte: Located on Isla Mujeres, Playa Norte is famous for its clear, shallow waters and vibrant beach bars.
- Playa Xpu-Ha: This beach is a hidden gem on the Riviera Maya. Playa Xpu-Ha is a quiet retreat for those looking to escape the crowds.
- Playa Paraíso: As its name suggests, Playa Paraíso (Paradise Beach) in Tulum is a tropical paradise with soft white sand and calm, crystal-clear waters. Rent a beach chair and relax under the palm trees.
- Akumal Beach: This beach is a popular spot for snorkeling. It’s home to a variety of marine life, including sea turtles. Akumal Beach also offers a range of amenities, such as restaurants, shops, and equipment rental outlets.
Where to Stay in the Yucatan Peninsula
Experience unparalleled luxury and romantic ambiance in these top-rated honeymoon resorts in the picturesque Yucatan Peninsula. Here are our favorites:
- Majestic Elegance Costa Mujeres: Located on the secluded shores of Costa Mujeres, this all-inclusive resort offers stunning ocean views, gourmet dining options, and a variety of activities for couples to enjoy.
- Villa Del Palmar Cancun Luxury Beach Resort & Spa: Located in the heart of Cancun’s Hotel Zone, this elegant resort boasts spacious suites with private balconies and jacuzzis, world-class spa services, and a variety of dining options.
- Le Blanc Spa Resort Cancun: Indulge in luxury and relaxation at this adults-only, all-inclusive resort in Cancun. With pristine beaches, gourmet dining options, and top-notch service, it’s perfect for a romantic February honeymoon.
Celebrate the beginning of your married life in the tropical paradise of Belize. With its pleasant climate and moderate crowds, February is an ideal time to explore this Central American gem.
Known for its pristine beaches, ancient Mayan ruins, and magnificent Barrier Reef, Belize offers a unique blend of adventure and relaxation that is perfect for an unforgettable February honeymoon.
February Weather in Belize
February in Belize boasts warm, tropical weather that is ideal for a winter honeymoon. Averaging temperatures between 70° to 80°, it’s a great time to explore the country’s stunning beaches, vibrant wildlife, and world-famous barrier reef.
Rainfall is minimal in February, making it an excellent time for outdoor activities and sightseeing. Whether lounging on the beach or exploring ancient Mayan ruins, the sunny weather of a February honeymoon in Belize ensures an unforgettable experience.
Best Things to Do in Belize
From its rich marine life to its dense tropical rainforests, let’s discover what makes Belize an ideal February honeymoon destination.
- Visit the Great Blue Hole: This stunning underwater sinkhole off the coast offers a unique diving experience. This dive site is a huge bucket list item if you’re a regular diver.
- Explore the Mayan Ruins: Take a historical journey through Belize’s rich past by visiting the ancient Mayan ruins. Sites like Caracol Natural Monument Reservation, Lamanai Archaeological Reserve, and the Xunantunich Mayan Ruinsh are brimming with historical significance and architectural wonders.
- Go Cave Tubing in Nohoch Che’en Caves Branch Archaeological Reserve: Experience an incredible adventure as you float down the rivers running through these spectacular limestone caves.
- Discover the Belize Barrier Reef: As the largest barrier reef in the Northern Hemisphere, it’s a must-visit spot for snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Enjoy Bird Watching at Cockscomb Basin Wildlife Sanctuary: Home to the world’s highest concentration of jaguars and over 300 species of birds, this sanctuary is perfect for nature and wildlife enthusiasts.
- Tour the Belize Zoo: See indigenous species, including the elusive jaguar, tapirs, howler monkeys, and various bird species.
- Relax on the Beaches of Caye Caulker: This small island offers beautiful beaches, relaxed vibes, and a slow pace of life. Enjoy sunbathing, swimming, and breathtaking sunset views.
Best Beaches in Belize
Belize is a tropical paradise blessed with some of the most stunning and pristine beaches in the world, each uniquely beautiful and offering a variety of activities for all types of travelers. Here are some of the best beaches to visit in Belize:
- Placencia Beach: Often hailed as the most beautiful beach in Belize, Placencia offers serene, palm-lined shores ideal for relaxation and water sports.
- Hopkins Village Beach: A great place for those looking to experience the local culture and its sun and sand. The village is home to the Garifuna people and their unique culture.
- Secret Beach: Located on Ambergris Caye, it’s a little off the beaten track but promises an idyllic, remote beach experience away from the crowds.
- South Water Caye: This is the perfect beach for snorkeling enthusiasts, with its stunning coral reefs and abundant marine life.
- Laughing Bird Caye: A tiny island with a beautiful beach, it’s perfect for a day trip and offers excellent snorkeling opportunities.
- Goff’s Caye: This small, uninhabited island with white sandy beaches and clear blue water is ideal for those seeking solitude and tranquility.
Where to Stay in Belize on Your February Honeymoon
Selecting the right place to stay is essential in making your February honeymoon memorable. Here are some top picks for romantic and luxurious accommodations in Belize:
- Chabil Mar Villas: Located in Placencia, these villas offer stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and lush tropical gardens. The private villas are perfect for couples seeking a peaceful and intimate getaway.
- Victoria House Resort & Spa: Situated on Ambergris Caye, this resort offers luxurious oceanfront suites and villas with Belizean charm. Enjoy breathtaking views, private pools, and couples’ spa treatments for the ultimate romantic experience.
- Ramon’s Village Resort: Located on Ambergris Caye, this resort offers private thatched-roof cabanas surrounded by lush tropical gardens. Relax in the outdoor hot tub or take a romantic stroll along the white sandy beach.
Embrace the extraordinary and venture to the ends of the earth for your February honeymoon by choosing Antarctica. Antarctica’s tranquil, untouched landscapes present an awe-inspiring backdrop for a newfound life of togetherness.
Known as the ‘White Continent,’ it promises a unique experience of witnessing stunning ice formations and diverse wildlife, like seals, penguins, and whales. However, honeymoons to Antarctica come with a hefty price tag and demand significant planning.
Due to its extreme climate and remote location, trips can be very costly, often requiring an investment that matches the grandeur of the location itself. Furthermore, due to this destination’s exclusivity and unique nature, spaces fill up quickly.
February Weather in Antarctica
February in Antarctica marks the end of the summer season, with temperatures ranging from 28°F to 46°F. This month is known for its long daylight hours, providing ample opportunity to observe the breathtaking icebergs and wildlife, including seals, penguins, and whales.
The sea ice begins to break up, allowing for more in-depth exploration via ice-strengthened vessels. However, visitors are advised to prepare for unpredictable weather changes and strong winds that are common during this time.
Layered clothing, waterproof gear, UV protection, and sturdy footwear are essential for a comfortable and safe Antarctica expedition in February.
Best Things to Do in Antarctica
Let’s look at the variety of exciting activities that honeymooners can engage in while visiting the enigmatic wilderness of Antarctica. These experiences provide a unique opportunity to get close to the extreme climate, stunning landscapes, and diverse wildlife of the Frozen Continent.
- Polar Plunge: A tradition for the truly adventurous, the Polar Plunge invites visitors to take a thrilling dip into the icy Antarctic waters. Donned only in swimwear and a safety harness, those brave enough to partake in this activity will surely have a freezing yet unforgettable experience.
- Sea Kayaking: For a slightly less extreme but equally exciting activity, kayaking allows travelers to navigate the icy waters leisurely. This activity provides a unique perspective on the enormous icebergs and abundant wildlife that inhabit Antarctica’s coasts.
- Wildlife Viewing: Antarctica is home to a unique variety of wildlife. Penguins, seals, and whales are commonly spotted in their natural habitats. Guided tours enable visitors to witness these creatures up close while maintaining a respectful distance.
- Iceberg Cruises: One of the most magical experiences in Antarctica is an Iceberg Cruise. These excursions allow visitors to get close to the towering ice formations, appreciating their sheer size and extraordinary colors.
- Snowshoeing: Snowshoeing allows travelers to venture further inland, immersing themselves in the breathtaking scenery.
- On-board activities: As you’ll be arriving in Antarctica via cruise ship, there’ll be plenty of onboard activities. Enjoy lectures by experts on the region’s history or relaxed evenings socializing with other travelers over food and drinks.
Responsible Tourism in Antarctica
With its harsh and fragile environment, it is important for visitors to practice responsible tourism in Antarctica. This includes following strict guidelines set by the International Association of Antarctic Tour Operators (IAATO) and the Antarctic Treaty System.
Some ways to be a responsible traveler in Antarctica include:
- Minimizing waste: As there is no infrastructure for proper waste management, visitors must bring back all their garbage. This includes personal items, food packaging, and even human waste.
- Respecting wildlife: Maintaining a respectful distance from all wildlife in Antarctica is crucial. Getting too close can disturb their natural behaviors and potentially harm them.
- Adhering to designated paths: With the fragile ecosystem in mind, visitors are urged to stick to designated paths and avoid stepping on vegetation or disturbing nesting sites.
- Supporting sustainable tourism: By choosing tour operators that follow responsible tourism practices, visitors can support sustainable tourism in Antarctica and help protect the environment for years to come.
- Educating oneself: Learning about Antarctica’s unique ecosystem, history, and current conservation efforts can also help visitors understand the importance of responsible tourism and how they can contribute to preserving the continent.
Best Antarctica Cruises to Book
Choosing the best Antarctica cruise can be a daunting task. There are numerous factors to consider, such as travel duration, ship size, and travel season. Here are some of the best Antarctica cruises to consider:
- Quark Expeditions: Known for its commitment to safety and sustainability, Quark Expeditions offers a variety of itineraries, including trips specifically tailored for photographers or wildlife enthusiasts.
- Lindblad Expeditions: In partnership with National Geographic, Lindblad Expeditions provides enriching, education-focused journeys. Their staff includes expert naturalists, undersea specialists, and a National Geographic photographer on every voyage.
- Hurtigruten Cruises: With a strong focus on exploration and sustainability, Hurtigruten Cruises offers numerous itineraries, from short 6-day trips to extensive 20-day expeditions.
- Oceanwide Expeditions: This company prides itself on its smaller ships that provide intimate, immersive experiences. Oceanwide Expeditions is also known for its adventure activities, such as camping, kayaking, and mountaineering.
- Polar Latitudes: Specializing in polar expeditions, Polar Latitudes offers a great range of trip lengths and focuses on providing a luxury experience with a strong emphasis on education and conservation.
- Hebridean Sky: A small luxury expedition ship, the Hebridean Sky offers a variety of unique Antarctica itineraries. With a maximum capacity of 100 passengers, this ship provides an intimate and personalized experience.
Choosing the right cruise requires carefully considering your preferences, needs, and budget. Always ensure that your chosen cruise operator practices sustainable and responsible tourism.
February is an excellent time to enjoy a honeymoon in Singapore, a vibrant and sophisticated city-state that seamlessly blends tradition with modernity. This time of year offers pleasant weather, and Singapore is teeming with breathtaking botanical beauty that creates a romantic backdrop for newlyweds.
Let’s jump into exploring the wonders and unique experiences that this multicultural metropolis has to offer for a memorable February honeymoon.
February Weather in Singapore
Singapore offers a delightful tropical climate for February honeymooners. The island city-state experiences an average temperature of around 82 degrees Fahrenheit with high humidity levels.
Rain showers are frequent and can offer a cooling respite from the daytime heat. While the sky might be cloudy at times, there are plenty of hours of daylight to explore the city and its attractions.
The evenings are typically cooler and perfect for romantic walks along Marina Bay. Remember to pack light and breathable clothing, and don’t forget the umbrella for those sudden rain showers.
Romantic Things to Do in Singapore
Singapore is brimming with romantic activities perfect for honeymooners. Here are some options that can be tailored to suit different interests:
- Gardens by the Bay: Explore the stunning Supertree Grove, especially enchanting at dusk. Don’t miss the Cloud Forest and Flower Dome for a pristine nature experience.
- Marina Bay Sands SkyPark: Enjoy breathtaking city views from this iconic rooftop bar, particularly beautiful at sunset.
- River Cruise: Take a relaxing river cruise on the Singapore River that winds through the city, showcasing its stunning skyline.
- Orchard Road: Shop to your heart’s content in this bustling shopping area, lined with stores to suit every budget.
- Private Cooking Class: Try a private cooking class and learn to make authentic Singaporean cuisine together.
- Spa Treatment: Indulge in a couples’ spa treatment for an afternoon of relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Sentosa Island: Spend a day at this resort island, visiting the beaches, theme parks, and dining in fabulous restaurants.
- Raffles Hotel: Visit this iconic colonial-style hotel for high tea or enjoy a Singapore Sling in the bar where it was invented.
- Chinatown Street Market: Stroll through this vibrant market, trying delicious street food and shopping for souvenirs.
- Fort Canning Park: Picnic in the historic Fort Canning Park, a serene escape from the city’s hustle and bustle.
- Universal Studios Singapore: The theme park is the only Universal park in Asia. Have a fun-filled day at this world-class theme park, with thrilling rides and attractions for all ages.
Best Hotels in Singapore for Couples
After a day of sightseeing and adventures, you and your new spouse deserve to retreat to a comfortable and luxurious location. This section lists some of the best hotels in Singapore designed with couples in mind.
- Marina Bay Sands: This iconic luxury hotel offers stunning views of the city skyline. The rooftop infinity pool is a must-visit.
- The Fullerton Hotel: For couples who appreciate heritage and classic luxury, this 1928 building, overlooking the Marina Bay waterfront, offers grandeur and opulence.
- The Ritz-Carlton, Millenia Singapore: This 5-star hotel stands out with exceptional service, well-appointed rooms, and a renowned spa – perfect for honeymooners seeking upscale comfort.
- Shangri-La Hotel: Set amidst 15 acres of lush greenery, this hotel offers a tranquil retreat in the heart of the city, making it an ideal choice for couples who love nature.
- Capella Singapore: Located on Sentosa Island, this hotel provides a peaceful sanctuary away from the city’s bustle. Its villas with private pools are perfect for a romantic getaway.
- The Warehouse Hotel: For couples seeking a unique experience, this boutique hotel situated in a restored 19th-century warehouse along the Singapore River offers an eclectic mix of history and contemporary design.
Venice, Italy, often called “The City of Love,” is a dream destination for many honeymooners. Its enchanting canals, historic architecture, and romantic gondola rides offer couples an idyllic setting for creating unforgettable memories.
February Weather in Venice
In February, Venice, Italy, offers a uniquely romantic ambiance for honeymooners. The weather is typically chilly, with average temperatures ranging from 37°F to 46°F. Misty mornings often give way to crisp, clear days, and the city’s iconic canals and architecture are often beautifully accentuated by a dusting of frost or even snow.
While you’ll need to pack warm clothing, the winter chill is perfectly offset by the warmth of cozy Venetian cafes and the allure of quieter streets, less frequented by tourists at this time of year. It’s a time when Venice reveals its authentic charm, making it an ideal honeymoon destination for couples seeking a unique and intimate experience.
Romantic Things to Do in Venice
- Gondola Ride: Perhaps the most iconic Venetian experience, a gondola ride through the picturesque canals of Venice is a must for honeymooners. There are generally vendors in all major tourist areas, so you don’t need to make a reservation in advance.
- Visit St. Mark’s Square: The city’s most famous square is ideal for couples to stroll hand in hand, savoring the sights of iconic buildings like St. Mark’s Basilica and Doge’s Palace.
- Explore the Islands of Murano and Burano: Known for their world-renowned glassmaking and lacework, these islands are a short boat ride from the city center. Here, you can watch artisans at work, visit charming boutiques, and dine at quaint eateries.
- Dinner at a Canal-side Restaurant: Enjoy a candlelit dinner at one of the numerous restaurants lining the canals. The romantic setting and delectable Italian cuisine create a perfect end to a day of exploration.
- Visit the Bridge of Sighs at Sunset: This iconic Venetian bridge offers a breathtaking view at sunset, making it a popular spot for couples. The bridge’s poignant history and the beauty of the surrounding architecture enhance the romantic setting.
Romantic Restaurants in Venice
No honeymoon is complete without a romantic meal, and Venice offers no shortage of intimate dining options. Here are a few suggestions to make your special night even more memorable:
- Trattoria Da Remigio: Tucked away in a quiet corner of Venice, this family-run restaurant serves up delicious seafood dishes using fresh, local ingredients. The warm and inviting atmosphere makes it a popular spot for couples.
- Osteria al Ponte “La Patatina”: Located near the Rialto Bridge, this charming restaurant offers stunning views of the Grand Canal. The menu combines traditional Venetian dishes and innovative creations, perfect for a romantic evening.
- Ristorante Quadri: Indulge in a Michelin-starred dining experience at this elegant restaurant overlooking St. Mark’s Square. The exquisite food, impeccable service, and stunning views make it a top choice for special occasions.
Where to Stay in Venice on Your Honeymoon
Choosing the right accommodation is crucial for a February honeymoon in Venice. Here are a few options that offer the perfect mix of luxury and romance:
- Hotel Moresco: This boutique hotel is located in the quiet Cannaregio district, away from the crowds of tourists. The elegant rooms and charming garden make it a peaceful oasis for couples.
- Hotel Canal Grande: Situated on the Grand Canal, this intimate hotel is in a 16th-century palace. The luxurious rooms and panoramic terrace offer breathtaking views of Venice’s iconic waterways.
- Rosa Salva Hotel: Located in the heart of Venice, this romantic hotel is just steps away from St. Mark’s Square and the Rialto Bridge. The elegant rooms and charming rooftop terrace make it a perfect choice for honeymooners.
Seville, the capital of Andalusia in southern Spain, is a city steeped in history and brimming with a vibrant culture. Known for its grand architecture and lively gastronomic scene, it offers a bounty of attractions catering to various interests.
From the intricate beauty of The Alcázar of Seville to the bustling energy of the city’s numerous tapas bars, every corner of Seville is filled with charm that captivates and enchants. For couples seeking a mix of culture, history, and romance, a February honeymoon in Seville is an experience to cherish.
February Weather in Seville
The weather in February in Seville is relatively mild, providing a pleasant and comfortable environment for honeymooners. Temperatures typically range from 46°F to 64°F, making it a nice escape from the harsh winter conditions experienced in many other European destinations.
While there might be occasional rain, it does not detract from the city’s charm. In fact, the wet cobblestones of the ancient streets and the fresh scent in the air after a drizzle only add to the romantic ambiance.
With fewer tourists around this time of the year, couples can experience a more intimate and peaceful exploration of Seville’s renowned attractions, such as the Alcazar Palace, Plaza de Espana, and the Seville Cathedral.
Best Things to Do in Seville
Whether you are a history buff, a food aficionado, or simply a lover of beautiful sights, this city is sure to astonish you with its offerings.
- Visit the Alcazar Palace: Known for its stunning Mudejar architecture and lush gardens, the Alcazar Palace is a must-visit for any couple. Explore the intricate tilework and exquisite rooms of this UNESCO World Heritage site, and take a leisurely stroll through the beautiful gardens, which are especially serene during February.
- Explore Plaza de España: This iconic square, built for the 1929 Ibero-American Exposition, is a spectacle of grandeur and romance. With its beautiful tile work, grand buildings, and charming rowboats, it’s a perfect spot for couples to enjoy a romantic afternoon.
- Climb the Giralda: The bell tower of the Seville Cathedral offers breathtaking panoramic views of the city. The climb is gently sloping, making it accessible for most, and the reward at the top is definitely worth it.
- Stroll through Barrio Santa Cruz: The winding alleyways, quaint squares, and bright flower-filled balconies of this former Jewish Quarter provide an enchanting atmosphere perfect for a romantic walk.
- Enjoy a Flamenco Show: Seville is considered the birthplace of Flamenco. Take in a performance at one of the many authentic tablaos in town and get swept away by the passionate performance of the dancers and musicians.
- Taste Tapas: The food scene in Seville is not to be missed. Enjoy a variety of tapas at one of the city’s many tapas bars, providing a delicious culinary exploration of Andalusian cuisine.
- Visit the Metropol Parasol: Known as Las Setas de Sevilla (‘The Mushrooms of Seville’), this modern architectural wonder provides a stunning contrast to the city’s historical sites. The viewing platform offers a unique perspective over the city, especially beautiful during sunset.
Where to Eat in Seville
Seville is a food lover’s paradise, brimming with traditional tapas, bars, and modern gastronomic experiences. Here are some top picks:
- Casa Morales: This historic tavern, operating since 1850, offers a traditional tapas experience with a variety of cured meats, cheeses, and wines.
- Eslava Restaurant: A local favorite, Eslava serves innovative, award-winning tapas. Be sure to try their famous slow-cooked egg yolk on boletus soufflé.
- Bodega Santa Cruz: For an authentic, bustling tapas bar experience, head to Bodega Santa Cruz. The highlights here are the montaditos, small bread rolls with various fillings.
- La Brunilda: A tapas bar that strikes a balance between traditional and modern. Their duck confit and seared tuna with guacamole are must-tries.
- Mercado de la Feria: One of the oldest markets in the city, you can buy fresh produce here or enjoy seafood tapas at one of the various bars inside the market.
Remember, dinner time in Seville starts late, usually around 9-10 pm. It’s also customary to go “tapeo,” or bar hopping, sampling a couple of dishes at each place. Bon appétit!
Best Hotels for a Honeymoon in Seville
Seville, with its intoxicating blend of enchanting architecture, romantic riverside, and vibrant nightlife, makes for an idyllic honeymoon destination. Below, you’ll find a curated list of some of the best hotels in the city that master the art of romantic hospitality, offering the perfect blend of comfort and luxury.
- Hotel Alfonso XIII: A Luxury Collection Hotel in Seville, offers a unique blend of Spanish heritage with modern facilities, perfect for a romantic experience.
- Palacio de Villapanés: This former palace turned luxury hotel provides an unforgettable stay in the heart of the city with its Andalusian charm and top-notch service.
- Corral Del Rey: This beautiful boutique hotel in the old quarter, Barrio Alfalfa, provides a cozy and intimate setting for newlyweds.
- EME Catedral Hotel: With a rooftop terrace offering stunning views of the Seville Cathedral and the Giralda, this hotel is an ideal choice for those looking for a mix of luxury and location.
- Hotel Casa 1800: Located in the Santa Cruz neighborhood, this 19th-century mansion-turned-hotel offers elegantly decorated rooms and a complimentary afternoon tea service, adding a touch of romance to your stay.
- Hospes Las Casas Del Rey De Baeza: A boutique hotel that perfectly captures the essence of Seville with its whitewashed architecture, orange tree courtyards, and rooftop pool, ideal for unwinding after a day of sightseeing.
Please note that availability and prices can vary in February because it is a popular travel time. Be sure to book in advance to secure your preferred choice.
Marrakech is known as the “Daughter of the Desert,” where exotic allure meets romantic serenity. As February ushers in the warmth of spring, Marrakech blossoms into a perfect honeymoon destination.
Wandering through its ancient Medina, experiencing the vibrant Jemaa el-Fnaa market, and enjoying tranquil moments in the Majorelle Garden create an enchanting escapade for newlyweds.
The city’s stunning Riads and luxury hotels offer an intimate retreat, blending Moroccan tradition with modern comfort. Celebrate your love in Marrakech, a city that promises an unforgettable honeymoon journey.
February Weather in Marrakech
February in Marrakech brings mild and pleasantly warm temperatures, perfect for couples on their honeymoon. The average day temperature ranges from 59°F to 68°F, making it comfortable to explore the city’s vibrant markets, historic sites, and beautiful gardens.
Although the nights can be a bit chilly, they provide a romantic setting for cozy dinners at rooftop restaurants or evening strolls through the city’s picturesque alleys. Occasional rain showers might occur, adding a touch of freshness to the air.
Therefore, bringing a light jacket or sweater is advised for the cooler evenings and potential rainy days. Overall, February’s delightful weather offers an ideal backdrop for a memorable and romantic honeymoon in Marrakech.
Best Things to Do in Marrakech
In Marrakech, a city steeped in culture and history, there are myriad activities for newlyweds to enjoy. From exploring the traditional markets, known as souks, to visiting historic palaces and gardens, the city offers a unique mix of experiences.
- Visit Jardin Majorelle: This enchanting garden, previously owned by fashion designer Yves Saint Laurent, is a tranquil oasis in the city’s heart. The vibrant blue villa and the exotic plants make for a romantic stroll.
- Explore the Medina: Lose yourselves within the maze-like alleys of the Medina, full of colorful stalls selling everything from spices to handcrafted jewelry. Don’t forget to haggle!
- Experience a traditional Hammam: Treat yourselves to a traditional Moroccan spa treatment. The soothing steam bath followed by a body scrub will leave you both feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.
- Dine at a Rooftop Restaurant: Marrakech is renowned for its cuisine. Experience exquisite Moroccan dishes in a rooftop restaurant with panoramic city views and the Atlas Mountains.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: For a truly special experience, take a hot air balloon ride at sunrise. The unparalleled views of Marrakech and the surrounding desert are a sight you will never forget.
End your day by soaking up the vibrant atmosphere of Jemaa el-Fnaa at night. This bustling square is filled with food stalls, musicians, and performers, providing an unforgettable sensory experience.
Remember, the magic of Marrakech is best enjoyed leisurely, taking the time to soak in the city’s rich history, vibrant culture, and captivating charm.
Where to Stay on Your Honeymoon in Marrakech
When deciding where to stay during your honeymoon in Marrakech, consider these luxurious, romantic options:
- La Mamounia: A legendary palace that is part of Marrakech’s historic fabric. Its exquisite gardens, luxurious rooms, and exceptional service make it an ideal choice for honeymooners.
- Riad Kniza: A small, charming hotel in the heart of the Medina. This 18th-century riad, restored by Morocco’s leading artisan, exudes a traditional Moroccan atmosphere.
- Royal Mansour: If you want to live like royalty, Royal Mansour is the ultimate choice. The stunning interiors, private roads-notch amenities offer an unforgettable experience., and top
- Amanjena Resort: Just outside the city center, this peaceful resort offers spacious pavilions, a world-class spa, and a beautiful golf course.
- Selman Marrakech: With its breathtaking views of the Atlas Mountains, beautiful Andalusian gardens, and lavish rooms, The Selman is the epitome of romantic luxury.
Regardless of your choice, these accommodations will enhance the magic of your honeymoon in Marrakech with their unique charm and exceptional service.
As summer ends in the southern hemisphere, a February honeymoon in Sydney, Australia, is an exceptional choice. Sydney, the vibrant heart of Australia, combines natural beauty with iconic architectural wonders, creating a romantic setting like no other.
Its sun-drenched beaches, tranquil botanical gardens, and an array of world-class dining options make it a perfect destination to celebrate. Furthermore, February’s warm weather makes it an optimal time to explore this cosmopolitan city and its stunning surroundings.
February Weather in Sydney
February is the last month of summer and is typically warm and humid, making it an ideal time for beach-loving honeymooners. Average temperatures range from 66°F to 79°F, with the warmest weather usually occurring in the early part of the month.
This period sees more rainfall than other months, with an average of 12 rainy days. However, brilliant sunshine often follows these showers. Whether you relax on Bondi Beach or explore the city, February’s weather provides an excellent backdrop for an unforgettable honeymoon.
Romantic Things to Do in Sydney
Sydney, the sparkling gem of Australia, offers a trove of romantic experiences that will make any honeymoon unforgettable. Its iconic landmarks, stunning beaches, and vibrant culture make it a perfect destination for couples seeking relaxation and adventure.
Here are some notable things you can look forward to during your romantic escapade in Sydney:
- Sydney Opera House: No trip to Sydney is complete without visiting its most iconic landmark. Take a guided tour or watch a performance of this architectural masterpiece. It’s not only a symbol of the city but also a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Royal Botanic Gardens: Located near the Sydney Opera House, these gardens offer a tranquil escape from the bustling city. You can enjoy a romantic picnic, take a scenic walk, and admire the diverse collection of plants.
- Enjoy a Sydney Harbour Cruise: Experience the beauty of Sydney from a unique perspective. A twilight cruise offers stunning views of the city’s landmarks illuminated under the night sky.
- Relax at Bondi Beach: This world-famous beach is the perfect spot to unwind. You can soak up the sun, take a refreshing dip in the turquoise waters, or simply enjoy the vibrant atmosphere.
- Explore The Rocks: This historic area, with its cobbled streets and colonial buildings, offers an array of dining and shopping options. Don’t miss the weekend market where you can buy local crafts and antiques.
- Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge: For thrill-seeking couples, a guided climb to the top of the bridge will offer breathtaking panoramic views of the city.
Best Restaurants in Sydney
Sydney is home to a vibrant culinary scene, offering various dining options catering to diverse palettes. With an emphasis on fresh, local produce, Sydney’s restaurants provide an opportunity to indulge in a gastronomic journey reflecting this cosmopolitan city’s cultural diversity and richness. Here are some of the top restaurants to consider for a romantic, unforgettable dining experience on your honeymoon:
- Quay: Renowned as one of Australia’s finest restaurants, Quay provides elegant dining with stunning views of Sydney Harbour. The exquisite menu, inspired by nature, promises a unique culinary experience.
- Aria: This iconic restaurant offers breathtaking views of the Sydney Opera House. Aria is famous for contemporary Australian cuisine and extensive wine list, making it an ideal choice for a romantic dinner.
- Tetsuya’s Restaurant: Tetsuya’s offers a fusion of Japanese and French cuisine in a tranquil setting.
- Bennelong Restaurant: Located inside the Sydney Opera House, Bennelong serves up modern Australian cuisine with a focus on indigenous ingredients. The striking setting and incredible views add to the overall dining experience.
Remember, it’s not just about the food but the memories you create around the dinner table. So, sit back, relax, and enjoy Sydney’s amazing gastronomic delights.
Where to Stay in Sydney
Choosing the right accommodation is as crucial as selecting the perfect dining experience for your honeymoon. Here are some top accommodations to consider for a comfortable and memorable stay in Sydney:
- Park Hyatt Sydney: Nestled on the harbor, this luxurious hotel offers stunning views of the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. Its chic, contemporary rooms and exceptional service promise a delightful stay.
- The Langham, Sydney: Located in the heart of the city, The Langham offers a blend of classic charm and modern amenities. It boasts a tranquil spa, an indoor pool, and a top-notch restaurant.
- InterContinental Sydney Double Bay: This boutique five-star hotel provides a sense of exclusivity and privacy in the upscale suburb of Double Bay. It’s known for its luxurious rooms, rooftop pool, and proximity to boutique shopping.
- The Darling: As part of the Star Casino complex, The Darling is a modern, elegant hotel with spacious rooms, a lavish spa, and easy access to Sydney’s nightlife.
Las Vegas, Nevada
February is a splendid time to embark on a honeymoon journey to Las Vegas, Nevada. Characterized by mild winter weather and lighter crowds, this month enables newlyweds to experience the city’s vibrant life in relative tranquility.
From the dazzling neon lights on the Strip to the sheer grandeur of its world-renowned resorts and casinos, Vegas is a thrilling destination that promises a blend of luxury, excitement, and romance.
Whether you’re thrill-seekers, foodies, or simply looking to bask in the bliss of marital joy, Las Vegas, the “Entertainment Capital of the World,” holds an unforgettable honeymoon adventure for every couple.
February Weather in Las Vegas
February in Las Vegas offers a mild and comfortable climate, perfect for honeymooners who prefer avoiding the scorching summer heat. Daily temperatures typically range between 45°F and 63°F, with occasional rainfall adding a romantic touch to the city’s glamor.
This cooler weather setting makes it an ideal time to explore The Strip hand in hand, enjoy outdoor dining, or take a helicopter tour of the city. Pack a mix of light layers and a couple of warmer items for the cooler evenings.
Despite being winter, Las Vegas’ February weather provides a charming backdrop for romantic adventures, making it an excellent honeymoon destination.
Best Things to Do in Las Vegas on Your Honeymoon
Las Vegas is known as much for its thrilling activities as it is for its glitz and glamour. Here are some top recommendations to make your honeymoon in the city memorable:
- Experience the Magic: Attend a mesmerizing magic show. Las Vegas is home to world-renowned magicians, and a live performance is a must-see.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: Take a sunrise hot air balloon ride over the city for an unforgettable adventure. This magical experience offers breathtaking panoramic views of Las Vegas and the surrounding desert.
- Visit the Bellagio Fountains: An iconic Las Vegas attraction, the choreographed water ballet of the Bellagio Fountains is truly a sight, especially in the evening.
- Enjoy a Gourmet Meal: Las Vegas boasts a plethora of high-end restaurants. Make a reservation and dine in style at a world-class establishment.
- Helicopter Tour of the Grand Canyon: For those willing to venture a bit further, a helicopter tour of the Grand Canyon can be an awe-inspiring excursion.
Where to Eat in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a treasure trove of exceptional dining experiences, catering to every palate and preference. From the finest haute cuisine to casual comfort food, the city’s culinary scene is as diverse as it is delectable. Here are some top-notch eateries to visit during your honeymoon in Las Vegas:
- Joël Robuchon: Located at the MGM Grand, this establishment epitomizes French fine dining. It’s the only restaurant in the city to have received three Michelin stars, making it an unforgettable gastronomic experience.
- Mon Ami Gabi: Situated in the Paris Las Vegas Hotel, this French bistro offers romantic alfresco dining with an impressive view of the Bellagio Fountains.
- Raku: Just off The Strip in Chinatown, Raku is a haven for lovers of Japanese cuisine. Its charcoal-grilled robatayaki dishes and unique desserts have earned it a loyal following.
- The Buffet at Wynn: Head to the Buffet at Wynn for a lavish spread. It offers an array of world cuisines and is particularly famous for its seafood selection and decadent dessert station.
- Lotus of Siam: This off-strip Thai restaurant is a favorite among locals and tourists. Its extensive menu and award-winning wine list make it a must-visit for any food lover.
Best Hotels in Las Vegas for a Honeymoon
When it comes to accommodation, Las Vegas offers a plethora of options that cater to different tastes and budgets. Staying in a luxurious hotel can add an extra dose of romance and excitement to your honeymoon. Here are the top hotels that should be on your list for a memorable stay:
- The Venetian Resort: The Venetian offers a taste of Italy right in the heart of Vegas. Its elegant suites, gondola rides, and premium dining options make it an ideal choice for honeymooners.
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection: With modern rooms offering awe-inspiring views, a rooftop pool, and multiple dining and entertainment options, The Cosmopolitan ensures a delightful stay.
- Wynn Las Vegas: This five-star resort offers an array of amenities, including a full-service spa, a golf course, high-end restaurants and shops, and more.
- ARIA Resort & Casino: For a more contemporary stay, ARIA offers tech-friendly rooms, renowned restaurants, and a central location on The Strip.
February is the perfect month to embark on unforgettable honeymoon adventures. Whether you are looking for a romantic beach getaway in Jamaica, a gastronomic journey in Singapore, or a glamorous stay in the heart of Las Vegas, there are seemingly endless enticing destinations.
Each February honeymoon spot holds its unique charm, promising to make your honeymoon an experience filled with love, discovery, and joy. As you embark on this exciting journey into married life, we wish you a honeymoon as beautiful as your love story.