Las Vegas, often called the “Entertainment Capital of the World,” offers a uniquely vibrant and extravagant honeymoon experience. Beyond its famous casinos and dazzling nightlife, couples can indulge in world-class dining, catch mesmerizing shows, and explore the luxurious resorts along the iconic Las Vegas Strip. For those seeking relaxation, there are tranquil spas and serene pools. Adventurous honeymooners can take hot air balloon rides over the desert or venture to nearby natural wonders like the Grand Canyon. With its blend of excitement, luxury, and endless entertainment options, Las Vegas provides a thrilling and unforgettable backdrop for a honeymoon like no other.
The 17 Best Honeymoon Resorts in Las Vegas
Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
Why not splurge on your honeymoon in Las Vegas. And what better way to up your romantic honeymoon getaway than with a stay at The Four Seasons Las Vegas. Fantastic suites; with postcard sights of the Strips; sparkling city lights, great service – at your beck and call – couples…
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas
For honeymooners seeking the pinnacle of luxury and sophistication on the famous Las Vegas Strip, the Trump International Hotel™ – Las Vegas stands tall as an exceptional choice. This non-smoking luxury resort redefines opulence, offering 1,232 exquisitely furnished hotel suites and 50 magnificent penthouses that set the stage for an…
Wynn Las Vegas
Some call The Wynn a ‘ Honeymoon Haven ‘, to others it’s a foodie paradise. The rooms at this couple friendly resort are spacious and spotless! There is even an amazon Echo in each room that allows you to control the lights, curtains, and music. And, you’ll love that the…
The Palazzo at The Venetian
For honeymooners in search of a luxurious and enchanting escape in Las Vegas, The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, nestled within The Venetian complex, stands as the epitome of sophistication and comfort. This family-friendly hotel seamlessly combines the best of Las Vegas with a tranquil and inviting atmosphere that is ideal…
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection
Nestled in the heart of the vibrant Las Vegas Strip, The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection, is a destination that redefines luxury and romance for honeymooners. This unique resort and casino, unlike any other, offers an unforgettable experience that combines residential-styled living, world-class dining, artful design, and an eclectic…
The Venetian Resort
For honeymooners in search of an exceptionally designed oasis in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, The Venetian Resort beckons with its unparalleled elegance and charm. Proudly known as “The World’s Most Extraordinarily Designed Hotel,” The Venetian is a perfect haven for couples looking to celebrate their love story…
The Platinum Hotel
The Platinum Hotel & Spa is a hidden gem among off-strip hotels for honeymooners looking for an intimate and refined hideaway in the heart of Las Vegas. This non-smoking, non-gaming refuge offers a distinct blend of luxury, comfort, and convenience, making it an ideal choice for couples wishing to celebrate…
Hilton Grand Vacations Club Elara Center Strip Las Vegas
Hilton Grand Vacations Club Elara Center Strip is a perfect place for couples looking for an outstanding and convenient escape in the center of Las Vegas. It promises a honeymoon filled with romance, elegance, and unforgettable moments. This elegant 52-story tower offers a variety of suites, cutting-edge amenities, and easy…
Red Rock Resort & Spa is a refuge of calm and elegance for newlyweds seeking a peaceful and elegant escape in the heart of the Las Vegas bustle. This resort, which was just refurbished in 2020, has great service, magnificent suites, and breathtaking mountain views that will make your Las…
Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas
For honeymooners seeking a refined and luxurious escape in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas is a true sanctuary of modern luxury. This non-gaming, non-smoking AAA Five-Diamond awarded luxury retreat offers an unparalleled honeymoon experience that combines sophistication, elegance, and a touch of desert-inspired design.…
Vdara Hotel & Spa
Nestled in the heart of the dazzling Las Vegas Strip, Vdara Hotel & Spa offers honeymooners a truly exceptional and unforgettable escape. This eco-friendly, non-gaming, smoke-free, all-suite retreat redefines luxury, providing an oasis of tranquility amidst the lively energy of Las Vegas. The Suite Experience: Vdara pampers its guests with…
ARIA Resort & Casino
Prepare to embark on an unforgettable honeymoon journey that transcends the ordinary and elevates your love story to new heights at the AAA Five Diamond ARIA Resort & Casino. Here, world-class dining, five-star service, cutting-edge technology, and award-winning accommodations combine to create a honeymoon experience that is nothing short of…
Delano Las Vegas
For honeymooners seeking a unique and intimate retreat amidst the vibrant energy of Las Vegas, Delano Las Vegas stands as an extraordinary choice. This non-smoking, all-suite boutique hotel redefines luxury with its personalized service, high-concept design, and a touch of individuality that promises to make your honeymoon truly exceptional. Elegance…
Get the best seat in the house for the twinkling lights of Vegas at The Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, where casual sophistication meets a city famed for its party atmosphere. Feel the thrills of lady luck at the Mandalay Bay Casino, dine at romantic restaurants owned by names like…
The Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
A lakeside paradise where you can retreat to total peace from the nonstop lights and sounds of Las Vegas, yet you never have to travel far to return to the neverending party on The Strip…It gives your honeymoon in Vegas the perfect balance of both peacefulness and party time. It’s…
4,293 rooms, 2559 suites. This is one of the world’s largest hotels but you can be alone and comfortable in a crowd. The theaters can host Big Name concerts and sports events. There are 5 pools, 17 restaurants, a host of boutiques, and an unending list of things to see…
The Cromwell is a hidden treasure that promises an exceptional experience for newlyweds looking for an intimate and romantic escape in the heart of Las Vegas. The Cromwell is the ideal place for couples wishing to celebrate their love in a refined and private setting, with a boutique charm, 188…
About Las Vegas
Average Cost of a One Week Las Vegas Honeymoon
The cost of a one-week honeymoon in Las Vegas can vary widely depending on your preferences and spending habits. Here’s a general breakdown of the average costs for a couple:
Domestic flights within the United States can range from $200 to $800 per person round trip, depending on your departure location and the time of booking. So, for a couple, you might spend around $400 to $1,600.
Las Vegas offers a wide range of accommodation options. You can find budget-friendly hotels on the Strip or opt for luxury resorts. On average, you might spend between $100 to $400 per night, depending on your choice. For a week-long stay, this could range from $700 to $2,800.
- Food and Dining: Dining options in Las Vegas are diverse, and you can choose from affordable buffets to gourmet restaurants. On average, budget about $50 to $150 per day for meals per couple.
- Entertainment: Shows, attractions, and activities can vary in cost. Budget an additional $100 to $300 per day for entertainment.
- Transportation: If you plan to use taxis or rideshare services, budget around $20 to $50 per day.
- Miscellaneous: Plan for an additional $50 to $100 per day for miscellaneous expenses like shopping, spa treatments, and souvenirs.
Average Total Cost
Taking these estimates into consideration, the total cost of a one-week honeymoon in Las Vegas for a couple can range from approximately $2,000 to $6,000 or more. Keep in mind that this is a general estimate, and actual costs can vary based on your preferences and choices during your stay. Be sure to budget for activities and experiences that are most important to you as a couple to make your honeymoon truly memorable.
Best Time to Visit Las Vegas
The best time to visit Las Vegas for your honeymoon depends on your preferences and the type of experience you desire. Here’s a breakdown of the seasons and what they offer:
- Spring (March to May):
- Spring is a popular time to visit Las Vegas. The weather is generally pleasant, with mild temperatures and plenty of sunshine.
- It’s an excellent time for outdoor activities, such as exploring the nearby Red Rock Canyon or taking a helicopter tour to the Grand Canyon.
- Be prepared for some crowds, especially during spring break and major events like March Madness.
- Summer (June to August):
- Summers in Las Vegas can be scorching hot, with temperatures often exceeding 100°F (37°C). It’s a dry heat, but the intensity can be overwhelming.
- Hotel rates tend to be lower during this time, making it a budget-friendly option.
- Many resorts have enticing pools and nightclubs, which are perfect for cooling off during the day and enjoying the nightlife.
- Fall (September to November):
- Fall is a pleasant time to visit, with warm temperatures and fewer crowds compared to summer.
- The weather is suitable for outdoor activities, and you can still enjoy the pool areas at many resorts.
- September can be quite hot, but as the season progresses, temperatures become more comfortable.
- Winter (December to February):
- Las Vegas experiences mild winters compared to many other destinations. Daytime temperatures often range from 50°F to 60°F (10°C to 15°C).
- It’s a great time for exploring the city, enjoying indoor entertainment, and taking advantage of holiday-themed events.
- Hotel rates are generally lower, except around major holidays like New Year’s Eve.
For a honeymoon that combines pleasant weather with fewer crowds, consider visiting Las Vegas in the spring or fall. However, if you’re looking for budget-friendly options and don’t mind the heat, the summer can offer some great deals. Ultimately, the best time to visit Las Vegas for your honeymoon depends on your personal preferences and the type of experience you want to create.
About Honeymooning in Las Vegas
Las Vegas is a unique and vibrant destination for honeymooners, offering a blend of culture, entertainment, and cuisine. Here’s what you should know about each aspect:
- Entertainment Hub: Las Vegas is renowned as the “Entertainment Capital of the World.” It’s a city that never sleeps, with a 24/7 entertainment scene, including world-class shows, concerts, and performances.
- Gaming and Nightlife: The city is synonymous with casinos and nightlife. Whether you’re into gambling or not, the lively atmosphere of the casinos, nightclubs, and bars is a big part of Vegas culture.
- Weddings: Las Vegas is famous for its quick and quirky wedding chapels. If you’re considering tying the knot during your honeymoon, Vegas offers a variety of wedding options, from traditional to unconventional.
- US Dollars: Las Vegas, like the rest of the United States, uses the US dollar (USD) as its currency. Credit cards are widely accepted, but it’s advisable to carry some cash for small expenses and tipping.
- Tipping: Tipping is customary in the United States. It’s expected to tip waitstaff, bartenders, taxi drivers, and hotel staff. A standard tip is around 15-20% of the total bill.
- Diverse Dining Scene: Las Vegas boasts a diverse culinary scene with restaurants representing cuisines from around the world. You’ll find everything from celebrity chef-owned fine dining establishments to budget-friendly buffets.
- Buffets: Las Vegas is famous for its lavish buffets, offering a wide range of dishes. They can be a great value for trying a variety of foods.
- Local Specialties: Don’t miss the opportunity to try dishes like shrimp cocktail, prime rib, and Nevada’s state dessert, the Basque cake.
- Food Experiences: Consider dining with a view of the famous Las Vegas Strip or exploring off-strip neighborhoods for authentic local cuisine.
Overall, Las Vegas offers a captivating blend of entertainment, gaming, and culinary experiences. The city’s culture is shaped by its non-stop entertainment, and it’s a destination where you can embrace both the glitz and glamour of the Strip and the local flavors of Nevada. Whether you’re looking for a romantic fine-dining experience or a fun night out on the town, Las Vegas has something to offer every honeymooning couple.
Best Activities for a Las Vegas Honeymoon
Las Vegas offers a wide range of activities to make your honeymoon memorable. Here are some of the best activities for a Las Vegas honeymoon:
- Catch a Show: Las Vegas is famous for its world-class entertainment. Enjoy a romantic evening watching a captivating show like Cirque du Soleil, a magic performance, or a Broadway-style production.
- Explore the Strip: Take a leisurely stroll down the Las Vegas Strip and marvel at the iconic resorts, fountains, and dazzling lights. Don’t forget to visit famous landmarks like the Bellagio Fountains and the Eiffel Tower at Paris Las Vegas.
- Dine at Fine Restaurants: Las Vegas boasts a culinary scene that includes restaurants by renowned chefs. Treat yourselves to a romantic dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant or savor international cuisine at one of the city’s diverse dining establishments.
- Visit Red Rock Canyon: Escape the city for a day and explore the natural beauty of Red Rock Canyon. You can hike, bike, or take a scenic drive through the stunning desert landscapes.
- Take a Helicopter Tour: Enjoy a breathtaking aerial view of Las Vegas and its surrounding natural wonders, such as the Grand Canyon or Valley of Fire, by booking a helicopter tour.
- Gondola Ride at The Venetian: Experience a taste of Venice with a romantic gondola ride at The Venetian resort, complete with singing gondoliers.
- Relax at a Spa: Unwind with a couples’ spa day at one of the city’s luxurious spa resorts. Enjoy massages, facials, and other rejuvenating treatments.
- Gaming and Nightlife: Try your luck at the casinos or dance the night away at one of the city’s famous nightclubs. Las Vegas offers a vibrant nightlife scene.
- Fremont Street Experience: Visit the historic Fremont Street area for its lively atmosphere, street performers, and the mesmerizing Viva Vision light show.
- Day Trip to Hoover Dam: Take a day trip to the Hoover Dam, a marvel of modern engineering. You can tour the dam and enjoy stunning views of the Colorado River.
- Wedding Vow Renewal: Consider renewing your vows in one of Las Vegas’s unique wedding chapels. It’s a memorable way to celebrate your love.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: Experience the serenity of the desert with a hot air balloon ride that offers stunning sunrise or sunset views.
Las Vegas offers a wide range of activities to cater to different interests and preferences, making it a versatile and exciting destination for your honeymoon. Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, or entertainment, there’s something for every couple to enjoy in this vibrant city.
Weather in Las Vegas
Las Vegas, located in the Mojave Desert of Nevada, experiences a desert climate characterized by hot summers and mild winters. Here’s a breakdown of the typical weather in Las Vegas:
- Summer (June to August):
- Summers in Las Vegas are scorching and dry.
- Daytime temperatures often exceed 100°F (37°C) in June and July, with occasional heatwaves.
- Evenings are warm, with temperatures ranging from the mid-70s to low 80s°F (24-28°C).
- Rainfall during the summer months is minimal.
- Fall (September to November):
- Fall is a popular time to visit Las Vegas due to more moderate temperatures.
- Daytime highs in September and October range from the mid-80s to low 90s°F (29-34°C).
- November brings cooler temperatures, with daytime highs in the 60s and 70s°F (15-26°C).
- Fall is generally dry, with very little rainfall.
- Winter (December to February):
- Winters in Las Vegas are mild compared to many other parts of the country.
- Daytime temperatures in December and January typically range from the mid-50s to mid-60s°F (13-18°C).
- While it can occasionally drop below freezing at night, freezing temperatures are relatively rare.
- Rainfall is infrequent during the winter months.
- Spring (March to May):
- Spring is another pleasant time to visit Las Vegas, with gradually warming temperatures.
- Daytime highs in March and April range from the mid-60s to low 70s°F (18-24°C).
- May brings warmer weather, with daytime temperatures in the 80s°F (27-32°C).
- Springtime is generally dry, with occasional windy conditions.
It’s important to note that Las Vegas is known for its extreme heat during the summer, so if you plan to visit during this season, be prepared for high temperatures and strong sun. If you prefer milder weather, spring and fall are excellent times to explore the city and its attractions. Winters in Las Vegas are relatively mild, making it a viable option for a winter getaway as well.
Is Las Vegas Safe for a Honeymoon?
Las Vegas is widely regarded as a safe honeymoon location, but like with any major city, it is critical to be aware of certain concerns and take care to guarantee a safe and happy trip. Here are some safety tips for couples on their honeymoon in Las Vegas:
Most Romantic Spots in Las Vegas
Las Vegas may be known for its vibrant nightlife and entertainment, but it also offers numerous romantic spots and experiences for couples looking to celebrate their love. Here are some of the most romantic spots in Las Vegas:
1. The High Roller Observation Wheel:
- Enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the Las Vegas Strip and the surrounding desert from the High Roller, the world’s tallest observation wheel. Sunset or nighttime rides are particularly romantic.
2. Bellagio Fountains:
- Watch the mesmerizing water fountain show at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino. The synchronized music and water displays are especially enchanting after dark.
3. Eiffel Tower Experience at Paris Las Vegas:
- Take an elevator ride to the top of the half-scale replica of the Eiffel Tower for stunning views of the city, especially at sunset.
4. Gondola Rides at The Venetian:
- Float along the Grand Canal in a romantic gondola while a gondolier serenades you. It’s a little piece of Venice right in Las Vegas.
5. Red Rock Canyon:
- For couples who enjoy the outdoors, a day trip to Red Rock Canyon offers hiking, scenic drives, and opportunities to explore the stunning desert landscapes together.
6. Valley of Fire State Park:
- Another natural wonder near Las Vegas, this state park is famous for its striking red sandstone formations. It’s a great place for hiking, picnicking, and stargazing.
7. Lake Las Vegas:
- Escape the city and spend a day at Lake Las Vegas, where you can take a romantic gondola ride on the lake, dine at waterfront restaurants, or enjoy water sports.
8. Springs Preserve:
- Explore the tranquil gardens, nature trails, and cultural exhibits at the Springs Preserve, a peaceful oasis in the heart of the city.
9. Chapel of the Flowers:
- Renew your vows or have a romantic ceremony in one of Las Vegas’s charming wedding chapels, like the historic Chapel of the Flowers.
10. Top of the World Restaurant: – Dine at the Top of the World Restaurant at the Stratosphere Tower, where you can enjoy a revolving view of the city skyline while savoring a gourmet meal.
11. Mob Museum: – For couples interested in history, the Mob Museum offers a unique and interactive experience, exploring the history of organized crime in America.
12. Neon Boneyard: – Explore a fascinating collection of vintage neon signs at the Neon Boneyard, a unique and colorful backdrop for photos.
13. Hoover Dam: – Take a day trip to the Hoover Dam, where you can admire this engineering marvel, walk across the Mike O’Callaghan-Pat Tillman Memorial Bridge, and enjoy views of the Colorado River.
14. Wine Tasting: – Las Vegas has several wineries and wine bars where you can enjoy wine tastings and discover new flavors together.
Whether you’re looking for natural beauty, cultural experiences, or unique attractions, Las Vegas has plenty of romantic spots to make your visit memorable.