Asheville, nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, offers an idyllic and enchanting escape for honeymooners. This charming city combines natural beauty, artistic flair, and a vibrant culture, creating a romantic atmosphere. Couples can explore the historic Biltmore Estate, wander through the artsy River Arts District, and savor farm-to-table cuisine in cozy restaurants. The breathtaking views along the Blue Ridge Parkway provide a picturesque backdrop for outdoor adventures, while the city’s numerous spas and boutique inns offer intimate retreats. Asheville’s blend of scenic landscapes, cultural richness, and Southern hospitality makes it a perfect destination for a romantic and memorable honeymoon.
The 11 Best Honeymoon Resorts in Asheville
The Restoration Asheville
Embark on a journey of extraordinary experiences at The Restoration Asheville, where classic elegance meets a natural and easygoing New Southern touch. This luxurious hotel is a testament to sophisticated hospitality, translating the vibrant local history and culture of Asheville into a casually chic retreat for honeymooners. Timeless Luxury in…
Princess Anne Hotel
A passion project of local nurse and beauty Anne O’Connell in the 1920s, the Princess Anne Hotel has only grown more enchanting as it enters its second century. At just three stories, it perfectly matches its charming surroundings while offering the luxuries that you’ll desire during your once-in-a-lifetime vacation. The…
Kimpton Hotel Arras
At the heart of Downtown Asheville is Kimpton Hotel Arras, an upscale hotel that allows you to assimilate into the thriving city while still being able to enjoy sensational views of the Blue Ridge Mountains. The boutique hotel is located within The Arras, the tallest building in Asheville and an…
The Inn on Biltmore Estate
Stunning views of the Blue Ridge Mountains and 8,000 acres of manicured grounds make The Inn on Biltmore Estate a picturesque location straight out of your most elegant fantasy. Completed in 1895, George Vanderbilt’s estate was conceived as a lavish paradise nestled among the rolling hills of Asheville. Biltmore Estate…
Cambria Hotel Downtown Asheville
If you’re seeking a honeymoon experience that encapsulates the essence of Asheville, look no further than the Cambria Hotel Downtown Asheville. This remarkable hotel, located in the heart of downtown, is the ideal choice for couples who want to embrace Asheville’s unique blend of upscale relaxation, business, and vibrant culture,…
Cedar Crest Inn
The Cedar Crest Inn, tucked away in the center of Asheville, is a monument to classic Southern charm and hospitality. After an amazing 34 years in operation, this bed and breakfast has established itself as a reliable refuge for couples looking for an intimate getaway. The countless glowing TripAdvisor reviews,…
The Foundry Hotel Asheville
In the heart of Asheville, The Foundry Hotel, Curio Collection by Hilton, beckons honeymooners with a unique charm that seamlessly blends the past and present. Located just a brief five-minute stroll from Downtown Asheville, this historic cornerstone, nestled in an enclave-like campus known as “The Block,” offers a peaceful retreat…
The Lodge on Lake Lure
Nestled in the heart of Asheville’s acclaimed “Best Lake Town,” The Lodge On Lake Lure stands as a beacon of sophistication and tranquility. Renovated in 2022, this lakeside haven combines timeless elegance with modern comforts, creating an idyllic escape for honeymooners seeking breathtaking views and unparalleled serenity. Breath-Taking Lake and…
Highland Lake Inn & Resort
Located in Flat Rock, North Carolina, on 26 picturesque acres above a private lake, Highland Lake Inn & Resort is a beloved mountain getaway that provides honeymooners with a unique and memorable experience. With a rich history, a dedication to warm hospitality, and environmental stewardship, this resort is a sanctuary…
Haywood Park Hotel
Discover the enchantment of Asheville at the Historic Haywood Park Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, where the vibrant spirit of the city beckons at your doorstep. Surrounded by the finest in dining, arts, theater, music, and nightlife, this hotel offers honeymooners an immersive experience, making every moment a celebration of Asheville’s…
The Omni Grove Park Inn
Tucked away in the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains of Asheville, North Carolina, The Omni Grove Park Inn stands as a testament to timeless Southern elegance. This historic golf resort is more than just a place to rest; it’s a destination brimming with romance, relaxation, and memories waiting to be made.…
Average Cost of a One Week Asheville Honeymoon
The cost of a one-week honeymoon in Asheville can vary depending on factors like the time of year, travel preferences, and chosen accommodations. Here’s a general breakdown for honeymooners:
Domestic flights to Asheville may vary, but on average, round-trip tickets can range from $300 to $800 per person. Booking in advance and being flexible with travel dates can help secure better deals.
Asheville offers a range of lodging options, from luxury hotels to cozy bed and breakfasts. On average, hotel prices per night can range from $100 to $300, depending on the level of comfort and amenities. A one-week stay might cost approximately $700 to $2,100.
Meals: Dining costs can vary, but budgeting around $50 to $100 per day per person for meals at restaurants is a reasonable estimate.
Transportation: If you’re not renting a car, budget for local transportation, such as taxis or rideshares. This might amount to $20 to $50 per day.
Activities: Asheville offers both free and paid activities. Budgeting around $50 to $100 per day for excursions, tours, and entrance fees is a reasonable estimate.
Average Total Cost
Airfare (per person): $300 – $800
Accommodations (per week): $700 – $2,100
Daily Expenses (per person): $120 – $250 (assuming a mid-range budget)
Therefore, the total estimated cost for a one-week honeymoon in Asheville could range from $1,220 to $3,150 per person. Keep in mind that these are general estimates, and actual costs may vary based on individual preferences and choices. It’s advisable to research specific travel deals, promotions, and seasonal discounts to optimize your budget.
Best Time to Visit Asheville
The best time to visit Asheville for a honeymoon depends on your preferences and the type of activities you enjoy. However, many couples find that the following periods offer unique experiences:
- Spring (March to May):
- Asheville comes to life with blooming flowers and mild temperatures.
- Ideal for outdoor activities like hiking and exploring the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Crowds are generally smaller compared to the summer months.
- Fall (September to November):
- Considered by many as the best time to visit.
- The foliage in the Blue Ridge Mountains is breathtaking, creating a romantic setting.
- Mild temperatures and a variety of fall festivals and events.
- Summer (June to August):
- Warm temperatures allow for outdoor adventures and exploring the city.
- This is the peak tourist season, so popular attractions may be busier.
- Numerous outdoor events, concerts, and festivals.
- Winter (December to February):
- Winter offers a quieter and more intimate atmosphere.
- While it can be cold, it rarely experiences extreme temperatures or heavy snowfall.
- Ideal for couples seeking a cozy, romantic winter retreat.
Consider your preferred climate, the activities you want to engage in, and your desire for a more secluded or lively atmosphere when choosing the best time for your honeymoon in Asheville. It’s also advisable to check local event calendars and any travel restrictions or considerations based on the time of year.
About Honeymooning in Asheville
Here’s a breakdown of what you should know about honeymooning in Asheville, focusing on culture, currency, and cuisine:
- Artistic Hub: Asheville is known for its vibrant arts scene, with numerous galleries, studios, and street performances. Explore the River Arts District to witness local creativity.
- Music and Festivals: The city hosts various music festivals and cultural events throughout the year. Check local calendars for potential events during your visit.
- Outdoor Lifestyle: Asheville is surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, offering plenty of outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and scenic drives along the Blue Ridge Parkway.
- Historic Charm: The Biltmore Estate, a historic mansion, is a must-visit. The estate features gardens, a winery, and a fascinating glimpse into Asheville’s history.
- United States Dollar (USD): Asheville uses the U.S. dollar as its official currency. Credit cards are widely accepted, but it’s advisable to carry some cash for smaller establishments.
- Farm-to-Table Delights: Asheville is renowned for its farm-to-table dining scene. Indulge in locally sourced ingredients at restaurants that prioritize sustainability.
- Craft Beer Culture: Asheville is a hub for craft breweries. Explore the South Slope area, known as “Beer City USA,” to taste a variety of locally brewed beers.
- Southern Flavors: Enjoy Southern cuisine with a twist. Try dishes like barbecue, grits, and biscuits, as well as innovative culinary creations influenced by the local food movement.
- Food Tours and Farmers Markets: Take advantage of food tours to explore the culinary scene. Visit farmers markets for fresh produce and artisanal products.
Understanding and appreciating Asheville’s unique culture, using the local currency, and indulging in its diverse cuisine will enhance your honeymoon experience in this charming city. Don’t forget to embrace the relaxed and friendly atmosphere that characterizes Asheville.
Best Activities for an Asheville Honeymoon
Asheville offers a variety of romantic and adventurous activities for a memorable honeymoon. Here are some of the best activities to consider:
- Biltmore Estate: Explore the historic Biltmore Estate, the largest privately-owned home in the U.S. Take a tour of the mansion, stroll through the gardens, and enjoy wine tasting at the Biltmore Winery.
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Drive along the scenic Blue Ridge Parkway, especially during the fall when the foliage is at its peak. Stop at overlooks for breathtaking views and enjoy a romantic picnic.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: Experience Asheville from a different perspective with a hot air balloon ride. Enjoy panoramic views of the mountains and countryside as you soar above the landscape.
- River Arts District: Wander through the River Arts District, where you can explore galleries, studios, and shops featuring local artists’ work. Consider purchasing a piece of art as a lasting memory of your honeymoon.
- Outdoor Adventures: Embark on outdoor adventures such as hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, zip-lining, or taking a guided waterfall tour. The Asheville area offers numerous opportunities for nature lovers.
- Culinary Tour: Indulge in Asheville’s culinary scene by taking a food tour. Explore local restaurants, breweries, and cafes to savor the diverse flavors of the region.
- Relaxing Spa Day: Unwind and pamper yourselves with a relaxing spa day. Many resorts and spas in Asheville offer couples’ packages with massages, hot tubs, and other rejuvenating treatments.
- Brewery Tour: Explore Asheville’s craft beer culture by taking a brewery tour. Visit some of the city’s renowned craft breweries and enjoy tastings of local brews.
- Live Music and Entertainment: Asheville has a vibrant music scene. Check out local live music venues, or if you visit during an event or festival, enjoy outdoor performances and cultural celebrations.
- Romantic Dining: Asheville boasts a variety of romantic restaurants with diverse cuisine. Enjoy a candlelit dinner at one of the city’s upscale eateries, each offering a unique culinary experience.
Whether you prefer outdoor adventures, cultural exploration, or simply relaxing in a serene setting, Asheville has something to offer every honeymooning couple. Tailor your activities to suit your interests and create lasting memories in this charming city
Weather in Asheville
Asheville, located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, experiences a temperate climate with four distinct seasons. Here’s a general overview of the weather in Asheville:
- Spring brings mild temperatures, with daytime highs ranging from 60°F to 70°F (15°C to 21°C).
- Blooming flowers and trees add color to the landscape.
- Summer in Asheville is warm, with average daytime temperatures ranging from 75°F to 85°F (24°C to 29°C).
- It’s the rainiest season, but showers are usually brief.
- Fall is a popular time to visit due to the stunning foliage in the Blue Ridge Mountains.
- Daytime temperatures range from 60°F to 70°F (15°C to 21°C).
- Winters are cool, with average daytime highs between 40°F and 50°F (4°C to 10°C).
- While snowfall is possible, it is typically light, and Asheville rarely experiences heavy snow.
As always, temperatures can vary, and it’s advisable to check a reliable weather forecast closer to your travel dates. If you plan to engage in outdoor activities, the spring and fall seasons offer pleasant weather and scenic beauty. Winter provides a cozy atmosphere for those seeking a more relaxed and intimate experience, while summer is perfect for enjoying outdoor events and festivals.
Is Asheville Safe for a Honeymoon?
Asheville is generally considered a safe destination for a honeymoon, and it has a reputation for being a welcoming and friendly city. Like any destination, it’s essential to exercise basic safety precautions to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience. Here are some tips:
- Neighborhood Awareness: Asheville has diverse neighborhoods. While the city is known for its safety, it’s a good idea to be aware of your surroundings, especially if you’re exploring less touristy areas.
- Downtown Safety: The downtown area, including Pack Square and the Biltmore Village, is well-trafficked and considered safe. However, like in any urban area, be cautious of your belongings and surroundings, especially during busy times.
- Nature Safety: If you’re engaging in outdoor activities like hiking or exploring the Blue Ridge Mountains, be aware of trail conditions, follow safety guidelines, and inform someone of your plans.
- Transportation Safety: Use reputable transportation services and be cautious when using rideshare apps. Stick to well-lit and populated areas when waiting for transportation.
- Emergency Services: Familiarize yourself with emergency contact information, including the local police, and have a plan in case of unforeseen circumstances.
While Asheville is generally safe, it’s crucial to stay informed and take basic precautions, as you would in any destination. Check for any travel advisories or updates, and feel free to ask locals or hotel staff for advice on safe areas and recommended activities. Ultimately, common-sense practices will contribute to a secure and enjoyable honeymoon experience in Asheville.
Most Romantic Spots in Asheville
Asheville offers a variety of romantic locations for honeymooners, combining natural beauty, historic charm, and cultural richness. Here are some of the most romantic places in Asheville:
- Biltmore Estate: Explore the grandeur of the Biltmore Estate, with its historic mansion, beautifully landscaped gardens, and scenic views. Consider taking a private tour or enjoying a wine tasting at the estate’s winery.
- Blue Ridge Parkway: Drive along the Blue Ridge Parkway, especially during the fall when the foliage is at its peak. The stunning mountain vistas and overlooks provide a romantic setting for a scenic drive or a picnic.
- Grove Park Inn: Book a stay at the historic Omni Grove Park Inn, known for its breathtaking mountain views and luxurious accommodations. The Sunset Terrace offers a romantic setting for a candlelit dinner with panoramic views.
- Botanical Gardens at Asheville: Wander through the peaceful Botanical Gardens, a serene and romantic spot featuring a variety of native plants and flowers. It’s an ideal location for a leisurely stroll or a quiet picnic.
- Craggy Gardens: Hike to the summit of Craggy Gardens for breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains. The expansive vistas, particularly during sunrise or sunset, provide a romantic and secluded atmosphere.
- Biltmore Village: Explore Biltmore Village, a charming area with cobblestone streets, boutique shops, and cozy cafes. It’s a lovely spot for a leisurely afternoon of shopping and dining.
- Folk Art Center: Visit the Folk Art Center along the Blue Ridge Parkway, showcasing the work of local artisans. The artsy and cultural ambiance provides a unique and romantic experience.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: Experience Asheville from above with a hot air balloon ride. Drift over the picturesque landscapes for an unforgettable and romantic adventure.
- Waterfalls: Discover the romantic allure of waterfalls in the surrounding areas. Popular waterfalls like Looking Glass Falls and Bridal Veil Falls offer stunning natural beauty.
- Sunset at Mount Pisgah: Hike to the summit of Mount Pisgah for a romantic sunset experience. The panoramic views of the mountains bathed in the warm hues of the setting sun create a magical atmosphere.
These romantic locations in Asheville provide a mix of nature, history, and cultural experiences, allowing you to tailor your honeymoon to your preferences as a couple