Honeymooners love the fresh, airy romance of Gatlinburg, Tennessee. Nestled among the Smoky Mountains, it’s a secluded outdoor escape by day and a trendy, citified destination by night. Anything that you do will be cloaked in breathtaking, beautiful natural scenery. The funky downtown center bustles with activity. It’s easy to see why this town is such an enchanting destination for newlyweds.
Active, nature loving couples find honeymoon magic just minutes away from downtown in the world-famous Great Smoky Mountains National Park. You can indulge yourselves in an adventurous day in the wilderness, then hike along the Appalachian Trail, ski at Ober Gatlinburg, fish and raft in the Little Pigeon River. This is an outdoor wonderland all year round! Afterwards, enjoy some romantic private time with your loved one at one of the many world-class hotels.
Newlyweds who like the experience of a vibrant cultural hub will delight in the downtown area. This is not a sleepy mountain village! It is full of zany attractions, museums and amusement rides that provide a welcome diversions for fun loving couples and their wedding guests.
Scope out the Guinness World Records Museum, taste some Tennessee wine at the Smoky Mountain Winery or marvel at the stunning view from the top of the Gatlinburg Space Needle.
You’ll also discover that this is an ideal place for destination weddings, as Gatlinburg offers endless entertainment and lodgings for your guests all year round. Accommodations range from luxurious resorts to quaint cozy cabins in the woods. Children are also welcome here with plenty of kid-friendly activities including an indoor water park.
Reconnect with nature as you begin your new life together. Your honeymoon photos will be backed by exquisite scenery and the endless array of memory-making things to see and do will keep you as busy as you want to be.
Our Top Recommendations
Imagine yourself in Gatlinburg
The Best Parts of Gatlinburg
- GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK: This world-renowned national park is a must-do for outdoorsy couples. Whether you just take a leisurely walk or a full-blown hiking trip, The Great Smoky Mountain National Park is a sight you owe it to yourselves to experience.
- LITTLE PIGEON RIVER: This series of pleasant streams bordering the Great Smoky Mountain National Park is a relaxing oasis to bird watch, picnic, or just watch the clouds float by.
- SMOKY MOUNTAIN WINERY: While Tennessee is home to many wineries, this one in Gatlinburg is known as one of the best in the state. Lovers of wine can tour, taste, and shop the day away for a relaxing and romantic wine-focusd honeymoon outing.
- GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS MUSUEM: Part interesting and educational and part zany and wacky, the Guinness World Records Museum in Gatlinburg is a very enjoyable stop-off for a light, fun, date that's just as good for honeymooning grown-ups as it is for youngsters!
- RIPLEY'S AQUARIUM OF THE SMOKEYS: If you like aquariums, make sure to stop at Ripley's. The displays are phenomenal and include everything from shark tanks to touch-a-jellyfish exhibits to enormous recreations of prehistoric beasts. For anyone who gets a thrill from watching and interacting with marine life, the experience here is unforgettable.
- RIPLEY'S BELIEVE IT OR NOT MUSEUM: This extensive collection of curiosities is a celebration of all this weird, unbelievable, and incredible. At time of this writing they are closed for upgrades, but when they open up again, expect an even vaster assembly of interesting exhibits to explore.
- MYSTERIOUS MANSION: Take a walk -- if you dare -- through the Mysterious Mansion, a "haunted" house that you can walk through as an interactive experience. Whether you're a skeptic or a full-blown ghostbuster, you'll have a fun time as the attraction's top-notch actors do everything they can to send a chill down your spine.
- GATLINBURG SPACE NEEDLE: Scale the Space Needle for the best views in Gatlinburg. Get your cameras (and camera phones) ready for some impressive honeymoon selfies once you reach the top.
- HOLLYWOOD STAR CARS MUSEUM: Take a self-guided tour through this museum of Hollywood's most famous automobiles. From the Batmobile from the 1966 Batman TV show to the Daytona Charger from Fast and the Furious, the Ecto 1 from Ghostbusters and General Lee from The Dukes of Hazard, this place summarizes five decades of Hollywood history through its famous cars.
- OBER GATLINBURG SKI AREA: Skiers and snowboarders can enjoy their sport along with great mountain views at Ober Gatlinburg. Not honeymooning during the winter? The area transforms into a warm-weather wonderland for outdoor fun during the hotter months as well, so there are always fun things to do here.
- WILD BEAR FALLS INDOOR WATER PARK: This place is pure unbridled fun, all in the "great indoors!" Impressive waterslides, lazy rivers and other attractions make this a carefree spot for a honeymoon date.