Nestled in the heart of the Smoky Mountains, Pigeon Forge is a charming and idyllic honeymoon destination. Surrounded by lush landscapes, this Tennessee town offers a perfect blend of romance and adventure. Couples can explore the picturesque Great Smoky Mountains National Park or indulge in the excitement of Dollywood, a renowned theme park. The town’s quaint streets boast cozy cabins, inviting cafes, and live entertainment, providing a delightful backdrop for newlyweds. With scenic drives, outdoor activities, and a warm Southern charm, Pigeon Forge promises an intimate retreat for couples seeking a memorable and romantic start to their marital journey.
The 11 Best Honeymoon Resorts in Pigeon Forge
The Inn at Christmas Place
Celebrate your romance with Christmas-themed luxury at the The Inn at Christmas Place. The Bavarian style architecture fits right in the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains and the Old World style is continued in the decor and traditions. Beautifully landscaped grounds with a pond and outdoor pool provide a…
The Inn on the River
The Inn On The River in Pigeon Forge, tucked away along the charming Little Pigeon River, beckons honeymooners to a peaceful and romantic haven. This quaint inn, which has 128 recently remodeled guest rooms, offers the ideal combination of contemporary amenities and scenic views, making it the perfect getaway for…
Margaritaville Island Hotel
In the heart of the Smoky Mountains, where mountain latitude meets island attitude, the Margaritaville Island Hotel stands as a beacon of relaxation, luxury, and the unmistakable vibe of Jimmy Buffett’s world. This boutique hotel offers honeymooners a unique and refreshing escape, where contemporary mountain-luxe surroundings blend seamlessly with the…
Courtyard by Marriott Pigeon Forge
The Courtyard by Marriott Pigeon Forge, tucked away in the heart of the Great Smoky Mountains, provides honeymooners with a mesmerizing haven where novel encounters easily yield priceless memories. This modern sanctuary guarantees that your honeymoon will be nothing short of spectacular, whether you’re drawn to the serene beauty of…
Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort & Spa
What better place stay on your honeymoon in the Smoky Mountains than a resort opened by the region’s best loved musician? Dolly Parton was born in nearby Sevierville and came back to her roots to build theme parks, musical shows and the Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort and Spa in the area.…
The Inn on the River Pigeon Forge
The Inn on the River in Pigeon Forge rests on three serene acres on the banks of the Little Pigeon River. It is one of the few inns located on the river, which is home to local wildlife including cranes, blue herons, ducks, squirrels and geese. The location puts you…
Under Canvas Great Smoky Mountains
Embark on a honeymoon adventure like no other at Under Canvas Great Smoky Mountains, an extraordinary retreat where luxury and nature seamlessly converge. Surrounded by the beauty of the Great Smoky Mountains, this unique accommodation promises honeymooners an immersive experience in the heart of the wilderness. Canvas Cabins in Nature’s…
Residence Inn Pigeon Forge
Embark on an unforgettable honeymoon at the Residence Inn by Marriott®, a newly unveiled retreat situated in the heart of Pigeon Forge, TN. This all-new residence promises an entertaining experience, with the world-famous Dollywood Theme Parks and attractions just a stone’s throw away. Conveniently located next to The Island Family…
Clarion Inn Willow River
Discover the perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and family-friendly charm at Clarion Inn Willow River—a haven that goes beyond the ordinary to make your stay in Sevierville truly memorable. Nestled in a prime location close to the Sevierville Events Center and the upcoming Buc-ees Travel Center, this hotel welcomes travelers…
Riverstone Resort & Spa
Discover the epitome of Smoky Mountain luxury at Riverstone Resort & Spa, where every detail is meticulously crafted to provide a haven for honeymooners seeking a blend of tranquility and adventure. Nestled in the heart of Pigeon Forge, this resort offers an immersive experience in the essence of the Smokies,…
Music Road Resort Hotel and Inn
A haven for honeymooners looking for a harmonious blend of coziness and romance, Music Road Resort Hotel and Inn is tucked away in the center of Pigeon Forge, where the spirit of the Smoky Mountains meets the allure of luxury. This resort, set against the backdrop of the Great Smoky…
About Pigeon Forge
Average Cost of a One Week Pigeon Forge Honeymoon
Estimating the average cost of a one-week honeymoon in Pigeon Forge involves considering various factors. Here’s a general breakdown for a couple:
Round-trip flights for two people can vary based on the departure location, time of booking, and season. On average, expect to spend anywhere from $300 to $800 per person, totaling $600 to $1,600 for both individuals.
Pigeon Forge offers a range of accommodation options, from cabins to hotels. On average:
- Budget: $80 – $150 per night
- Mid-range: $150 – $250 per night
- Luxury: $250 and above per night
For a week-long stay, budgeting $560 to $1,750 for accommodations is a reasonable estimate.
Meals: Dining costs can vary. Budget travelers might spend $30 – $50 per day, while those seeking upscale dining experiences may spend $50 – $100 per day.
Attractions and Entertainment: Budgeting $50 – $100 per day for activities and entertainment.
Transportation: If not driving, budget for local transportation or rental car expenses.
Miscellaneous: Allocate around $20 – $50 per day for miscellaneous expenses, including souvenirs and incidentals.
Average Total Cost
Airfare: $600 – $1,600
Accommodations: $560 – $1,750
Daily Expenses: $100 – $200 per day (for both individuals)
Total Estimated Cost: $1,860 – $4,150 for a one-week honeymoon in Pigeon Forge for two people. Keep in mind that these are general estimates, and actual costs may vary based on factors like travel dates, specific accommodations, and personal spending preferences. Additionally, booking in advance and considering package deals may help reduce overall costs.
Best Time to Visit Pigeon Forge
The best time to visit Pigeon Forge for your honeymoon depends on your preferences and the experiences you desire. Here’s a breakdown of the seasons:
- Spring (March to May):
- Weather: Mild temperatures ranging from 50°F to 70°F (10°C to 21°C).
- Advantages: Blooming flowers, outdoor activities, and fewer crowds compared to the summer months.
- Considerations: Spring is a popular time for tourists, so plan ahead for accommodations.
- Summer (June to August):
- Weather: Warm to hot temperatures, averaging 70°F to 90°F (21°C to 32°C).
- Advantages: Ideal for outdoor activities, water parks, and events.
- Considerations: Higher tourist traffic, especially during school vacation periods.
- Fall (September to November):
- Weather: Mild to cool temperatures, ranging from 50°F to 70°F (10°C to 21°C).
- Advantages: Beautiful fall foliage in the nearby Great Smoky Mountains, fewer crowds, and pleasant weather.
- Considerations: Popular for leaf-peeping, so accommodations may fill up.
- Winter (December to February):
- Weather: Cool to cold temperatures, averaging 30°F to 50°F (-1°C to 10°C).
- Advantages: Cozy atmosphere, holiday decorations, and the chance to experience winter activities.
- Considerations: Winter months are generally quieter, but some attractions may have reduced hours.
- Winterfest (November to February): Pigeon Forge celebrates Winterfest with festive lights and events, creating a romantic holiday atmosphere.
- Valentine’s Day: Consider visiting around Valentine’s Day for special romantic events and packages offered by local businesses.
Overall, the fall months are often considered the best time for a Pigeon Forge honeymoon due to the pleasant weather, stunning foliage, and fewer crowds. However, each season has its unique charm, so choose the time that aligns with your preferences and desired activities.
About Honeymooning in Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge, located in eastern Tennessee, is a popular destination for honeymooners due to its scenic beauty, outdoor activities, and entertainment options. Here’s a breakdown of what you should know about the culture, currency, and cuisine in Pigeon Forge:
- Southern Hospitality: Pigeon Forge is known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. The southern hospitality is a significant part of the local culture, and you can expect warm and friendly interactions with the locals.
- Entertainment: Pigeon Forge is famous for its entertainment options. The city is home to a variety of shows, theaters, and attractions, including the renowned Dollywood theme park. There are also numerous live music performances and dinner theaters that offer a taste of the local culture.
- Outdoor Activities: The surrounding Great Smoky Mountains provide ample opportunities for outdoor activities. Whether it’s hiking, scenic drives, or exploring the national park, nature plays a significant role in the local culture.
- United States Dollar (USD): Pigeon Forge, like the rest of the United States, uses the U.S. Dollar as its official currency. Make sure to have some cash on hand for smaller purchases, although credit cards are widely accepted.
- Southern Cuisine: Southern cuisine is prevalent in Pigeon Forge, and you’ll find classic dishes like fried chicken, barbecue, biscuits and gravy, and cornbread. Many restaurants in the area focus on offering traditional Southern comfort food.
- Diverse Dining Options: While Southern cuisine is prominent, Pigeon Forge also offers a diverse range of dining options, including Italian, Mexican, and seafood restaurants. You’ll find a mix of casual and fine dining establishments.
- Local Flavors: Don’t miss the chance to try local specialties. Look for places that serve dishes with a regional twist, and explore local flavors unique to Tennessee.
- Sweet Treats: Pigeon Forge is known for its sweet treats, including homemade fudge, taffy, and other candies. Be sure to indulge in some of the local confections as a sweet part of your honeymoon experience.
Keep in mind that Pigeon Forge is a family-friendly destination, and while it may not have the bustling nightlife of some larger cities, it offers a charming and romantic atmosphere for honeymooners. Whether you’re exploring the natural beauty of the Smoky Mountains or enjoying the entertainment options, Pigeon Forge has something to offer for a memorable honeymoon.
Best Activities for a Pigeon Forge Honeymoon
Pigeon Forge offers a range of romantic and adventurous activities for honeymooners. Here are some of the best activities to make your Pigeon Forge honeymoon memorable:
- Scenic Drives:
- Take a scenic drive through the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, especially along the Newfound Gap Road. Enjoy breathtaking views and opportunities for romantic picnics.
- Experience the excitement at Dollywood, a popular theme park with thrilling rides, live entertainment, and a charming atmosphere. Visit during special events for a unique experience.
- Live Shows:
- Attend one of the many live shows in Pigeon Forge, featuring country music, comedy, and magic. The entertainment options cater to various tastes, providing a memorable night out.
- Outdoor Adventures:
- Engage in outdoor activities like hiking, horseback riding, or zip-lining in the scenic surroundings of the Smoky Mountains.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride:
- Take a hot air balloon ride for a romantic and panoramic view of the Smokies. This offers a unique perspective on the natural beauty of the area.
- Visit The Island:
- Explore The Island in Pigeon Forge, an entertainment complex with shops, restaurants, and attractions. Take a romantic stroll, enjoy the dancing fountains, and ride the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel.
- Wine Tasting:
- Visit a local winery and indulge in wine tasting. The area has vineyards with scenic views, providing a relaxing and romantic experience.
- Dinner Shows:
- Enjoy a dinner show for a combination of great food and entertainment. Options include murder mystery dinners, theatrical performances, and interactive shows.
- Gatlinburg SkyLift Park:
- Head to nearby Gatlinburg and experience the SkyLift Park. Ride the chairlift to the top for stunning views and explore the SkyBridge, the longest pedestrian suspension bridge in North America.
- Couples Massage:
- Pamper yourselves with a couples massage at a local spa. Relax and rejuvenate together in a tranquil setting.
- Helicopter Tour:
- Take a helicopter tour for a bird’s-eye view of the Smoky Mountains. It’s a romantic and adventurous way to experience the beauty of the region.
- Romantic Cabin Stay:
- Book a cozy cabin for a private and romantic retreat. Enjoy amenities like hot tubs, fireplaces, and scenic views.
- Art and Craft Galleries:
- Explore the local arts and crafts community. Visit galleries, studios, and shops to discover unique handcrafted items as souvenirs.
- Play a round of golf at one of the scenic golf courses in the area. Enjoy the outdoors and some friendly competition.
- Stroll Along the Parkway:
- Take a leisurely stroll along the Parkway, Pigeon Forge’s main strip, exploring shops, cafes, and attractions hand in hand.
With a mix of adventure, entertainment, and romantic experiences, Pigeon Forge provides an ideal setting for a honeymoon filled with cherished moments.
Weather in Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge experiences a temperate climate with distinct seasons. Here’s a general overview of the weather throughout the year:
- Average High: 63°F to 75°F (17°C to 24°C)
- Average Low: 37°F to 52°F (3°C to 11°C)
- Notes: Spring brings mild temperatures and blooming flowers, making it a pleasant time for outdoor activities.
- Average High: 82°F to 89°F (28°C to 32°C)
- Average Low: 58°F to 66°F (14°C to 19°C)
- Notes: Summer is warm with higher humidity. It’s the peak tourist season, and evenings can be comfortable for outdoor events.
- Average High: 73°F to 80°F (23°C to 27°C)
- Average Low: 45°F to 54°F (7°C to 12°C)
- Notes: Fall offers mild temperatures and vibrant foliage in the surrounding Smoky Mountains, attracting visitors for leaf-peeping.
- Average High: 46°F to 53°F (8°C to 12°C)
- Average Low: 26°F to 32°F (-3°C to 0°C)
- Notes: Winters are cool to cold, with occasional snowfall. It’s a quieter time, and some attractions may have reduced hours.
Keep in mind that these are average temperatures, and actual conditions can vary. Additionally, Pigeon Forge is situated near the Great Smoky Mountains, contributing to its scenic beauty and diverse weather patterns. It’s advisable to check the weather forecast closer to your travel dates for more accurate information.
Is Pigeon Forge Safe for a Honeymoon?
Pigeon Forge is generally considered a safe destination for tourists, including honeymooners. However, like any travel destination, it’s important to be aware of your surroundings and take basic safety precautions. Here are some considerations:
- Tourist-Friendly Atmosphere:
- Pigeon Forge is a popular tourist destination known for its family-friendly atmosphere. The town caters to visitors with various attractions, entertainment, and amenities.
- Low Crime Rates:
- The area has relatively low crime rates compared to larger cities. Most visitors experience a safe and enjoyable stay.
- Well-Maintained Tourist Areas:
- The main tourist areas, including the Parkway, are well-maintained and regularly patrolled by law enforcement.
- Traveling in Pairs:
- While Pigeon Forge is generally safe, it’s always a good idea to travel in pairs, especially during the evening or in less crowded areas.
- Secure Accommodations:
- Choose reputable accommodations and secure your belongings. Most hotels and cabins have security measures in place.
- Traffic Safety:
- Exercise caution when crossing streets, especially along the busy Parkway. Follow traffic rules and be aware of pedestrians.
- Emergency Services:
- Familiarize yourself with emergency contact numbers, including local police and medical services.
- Weather Preparedness:
- Be aware of weather conditions, especially if you plan to engage in outdoor activities. Check for any advisories related to weather events.
- COVID-19 Considerations:
- Stay informed about any health and safety guidelines related to COVID-19. Be aware of local regulations and recommendations.
As with any travel destination, it’s recommended to stay informed about the local area, follow common-sense safety practices, and enjoy your honeymoon responsibly. If you have specific concerns or questions, reaching out to local tourism authorities can provide additional guidance. Overall, Pigeon Forge is known for its welcoming and safe environment for visitors.
Most Romantic Spots in Pigeon Forge
Pigeon Forge, nestled near the scenic Great Smoky Mountains, offers several romantic locations ideal for a honeymoon. Here are some charming spots to consider:
- The Great Smoky Mountains National Park:
- Explore the beauty of the Smoky Mountains with a romantic hike or a scenic drive. Clingmans Dome offers panoramic views, especially during sunrise or sunset.
- The Island:
- Visit The Island in Pigeon Forge, an entertainment complex with a lovely atmosphere. Enjoy the dancing fountains, take a ride on the Great Smoky Mountain Wheel, and stroll along the charming streets.
- Gatlinburg SkyLift Park:
- Head to nearby Gatlinburg for the SkyLift Park. Take the chairlift to the top, walk across the SkyBridge, and enjoy breathtaking views of the Smoky Mountains.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride:
- Experience the romance of a hot air balloon ride, floating above the picturesque landscapes of Pigeon Forge and the surrounding mountains.
- Cades Cove:
- Take a scenic drive to Cades Cove, a peaceful valley surrounded by mountains. It’s a serene setting for a romantic day trip, with opportunities for wildlife viewing.
- Winery Visits:
- Explore the local wineries together. Sip on regional wines while enjoying the scenic views of the Smoky Mountains.
- Horseback Riding:
- Enjoy a romantic horseback ride through the mountains or along scenic trails. Several stables in the area offer guided rides.
- Cabins with Mountain Views:
- Opt for a romantic cabin stay with mountain views. Many cabins come equipped with amenities like hot tubs and fireplaces, providing a cozy and intimate retreat.
- Dinner with a View:
- Choose a restaurant with a view, offering a romantic setting for a special meal. Enjoy the sunset or city lights from a scenic vantage point.
- Helicopter Tour:
- Take a helicopter tour for a unique and breathtaking perspective of the Smoky Mountains. It’s an adventurous yet romantic way to experience the scenery.
- River Walk Greenway:
- Stroll along the River Walk Greenway, a picturesque trail along the Little Pigeon River. Enjoy the serene environment and the natural beauty of the area.
- Romantic Dining:
- Select one of the many romantic dining options in Pigeon Forge. Some restaurants offer cozy atmospheres and scenic views.
- The Old Mill:
- Visit The Old Mill Square, a historic area with charming shops and restaurants. The nostalgic ambiance adds to the romantic feel of the place.
- Moonshine Tasting:
- Try moonshine tasting at one of the local distilleries. It’s a fun and unique experience for couples.
- Starry Nights:
- On clear nights, head away from city lights for stargazing. The Smoky Mountains provide a beautiful backdrop for a romantic evening under the stars.
These romantic locations in and around Pigeon Forge offer a mix of natural beauty, adventure, and intimate settings, making your honeymoon a memorable and special experience.