Disney World may be known as the happiest place on earth, but Universal Studios is another perfect getaway for thrill seekers looking for honeymoon adventure. As a world-class vacation destination, this theme park offers couples a whole "universe" of rides, shows, movie sets and attractions.
Universal Studios, which opened in 1990, has evolved into a state-of-the-art entertainment experience. With help from Academy Award-winning Producer/Director Steven Spielberg, Universal aimed to change the way people thought and experienced theme parks. With pop culture icons, blockbuster films and hit television shows as their muses, Universal has built a park like no other. The trailblazing attractions transport travelers into a creative world where they can become heroes of their own adventures.
Discover all that Universal Studios has to offer: unforgettable adventures, exceptional rides, tasty dining options, endless entertainment, and a variety of special events throughout the year. You may even catch a real film crew at work! The action, thrills and exhilaration is better than the movies, because this time, you and your new bride or groom are the main characters. Fictional worlds truly come to life at Universal Studios.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Universal Studios
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- AREA CODE: 407
- CURRENCY: The US dollar. ATMs can be found inside and around the park.
- LANGUAGE: English.
- GETTING AROUND: Daily parking fees are $17.00 per vehicle. The enclosed parking garage utilizes moving sidewalks, escalators and elevators. Vehicles can leave the garage and return the same day by stopping at the toll plaza upon re-entry and presenting their parking ticket.
- WHEN TO GO: Universal Studios is open year round. September through November offers cooler days and fewer crowds. Summers in Florida can get very hot, with high humidity.
- ELECTRICITY: The United States and Canada all use the 110 volts system.
- TIME ZONE: The state of Florida is under the Eastern Standard Time Zone, and it observes daylight savings, beginning on the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November.
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- WEATHER: It may be Florida, but it can still get chilly in the early months of the year. Regardless, always plan for cooler, warmer or wetter weather than predicted. Onsite rental lockers are available where you can store extra clothing.
- MAP IT OUT: Print out maps and brochures. Get familiar with the layout in advance rather than waiting until you arrive.
- WHAT TO PACK: Imagine you are going on a hike. Pack the same way. Comfortable shoes, breathable clothes, a light jacket and a small bag. And don’t forget the sunscreen.
- EARLY BIRD: You know the saying, the early bird catches the warm. Head to the back of the park when it opens and work your way forward. You’ll be moving in the opposite direction of most everybody else. Or, ride your favorites first thing in the morning, as lines tend to swell later in the day.
A honeymoon is the chance to connect with your honey in memorable ways – and what better place to do so than at Universal?
- SOAR ABOVE HOGWARTS: Unforgettable thrills and magical experiences await at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.
- TRANSFORM OR OGRE OUT: Become part of the intergalactic battle between the Autobots and Decepticons on the Transformers: The Ride – 3D. Meanwhile, Shrek and Fiona come to life at Shrek 4-D.
- HANG WITH THE SIMPSONS: Head to Springfield end enjoy a date night at Krusty Burger, or a drink or two at Moe’s Tavern.
- MAKE FRIENDS WITH MINIONS: Who doesn’t love a minion? Hang with a few at Despicable Me Minion Mayhem.
- THE NEWLYWED GAME: Newlyweds will have competition for best couple.