As the vibrant hues of fall transition into the cooler, soothing tones of early winter, November emerges as a month characterized by its serene beauty and quiet charm. A November honeymoon offers the unique opportunity to experience destinations in their off-peak glory — less crowded, yet undiminished in splendor.
Whether it’s the allure of tropical beaches, the thrill of adventurous excursions, or the comfort of cozy mountain retreats, each location in this roundup presents the perfect backdrop to start a lifetime of memories together.
Steeped in a rich tapestry of American heritage, Plymouth, Massachusetts, presents the perfect backdrop for a honeymoon. Imagine strolling hand in hand along the picturesque waterfront where the Pilgrims first set foot on New England’s shores.
The autumnal hues paint a stunning canvas in November, while the crisp air invites cozy afternoons in quaint local cafes. Plymouth offers the perfect itinerary for creating memories where the past and present harmoniously intertwine.
November Weather in Plymouth
November ushers in the serene transition to cooler temperatures, averaging from a brisk 40°F to a mild 55°F. While the possibility of rain is moderate, the crisp autumn air and picturesque fall foliage create a truly romantic backdrop.
Romantic Things to Do in Plymouth
Honeymooners can dive into activities that introduce them to the rich history of America’s hometown andallow them to create intimate memories. Here’s a curated selection of romantic endeavors:
- Stroll Through Brewster Gardens: Meander hand-in-hand through this beautifully landscaped park, nestled along tranquil streams and dotted with vibrant foliage.
- Sunset Cruise on Plymouth Bay: Experience the bliss of the golden hour on a private boat tour. Tours generally set sail from the famed Plymouth Harbor.
- Visit the Plimoth Patuxet Museums: Step back in time together at this living history museum. Here you’ll explore the history of the Pilgrims and Native Wampanoag people.
- Wine Tasting at Plymouth Bay Winery: Savor the local flavors by indulging in a tasting session.
- Explore the Mayflower II: Climb aboard a full-scale reproduction of the iconic ship that brought the Pilgrims to New England.
Where to Stay in Plymouth on Your November Honeymoon
Whether you’re seeking the quaintness of a B&B or the luxury of a full-service hotel, you’ll find a haven that feels tailor-made for your honeymoon stay. Below is a list of highly recommended places to ensure your November honeymoon is as comfortable as possible:
- John Carver Inn & Spa: Offering a romantic ambiance with its Pilgrim Cove Indoor Theme Pool and indulgent spa services.
- Mirbeau Inn & Spa Plymouth: Immerse yourselves in luxury with this French-inspired manor house, complete with a world-class spa and beautifully landscaped gardens.
- The Winsor House at Island Creek Oyster Farm: Step into the pages of history with this quaint inn that dates back to the 18th century.
The Winelands, South Africa
Indulge all your senses amidst South Africa’s Winelands’ sun-drenched vineyards and rolling landscapes. With its rich historical charm and luxurious modern comforts, this renowned region promises a retreat filled with exquisite wine tastings and sumptuous culinary experiences.
November Weather in the Winelands
In November, the Winelands region welcomes visitors with a delightful spring climate. This time of the year marks the end of the wet season. Average temperatures range from 55°F in the evenings to a warm 79°F during the day.
The wineries are abuzz with activity as the vines start to burgeon. With rainfall subsiding, clear skies prevail, providing couples with ample opportunity to explore and indulge in the scenic haven.
Romantic Things to Do in the Windlands
For those planning their November honeymoon, here is a curated list of romantic activities to cherish in the Winelands:
- Picnic Among the Vineyards: Reserve a private, gourmet picnic at one of the many wine estates. You’ll be surrounded by the picturesque landscape of twisting vines.
- Wine Tasting by Horseback: Add an adventurous twist to your wine tour with a horseback ride through scenic trails.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: Take romance to new heights! Try a hot air balloon ride at dawn, offering panoramic views of the Winelands.
- Culinary Workshops: Participate in intimate cooking classes hosted by world-renowned chefs, learning to craft delectable dishes using local ingredients.
- Spa Day for Two: Unwind with couples’ treatments at a luxurious spa, drawing on vinotherapy for a unique relaxation experience.
- Enjoy a Paragliding Tour: Soar above the lush valleys and vineyards while taking in breathtaking views of the Winelands.
Where to Stay in the Winelands on Your November Honeymoon
Choosing the perfect accommodation is crucial for making your honeymoon a memorable retreat. The Winelands offer an array of stays, from boutique hotels nestled amidst the vineyards to opulent estates.
Some recommended hotels in the Cape Winelands District Municipality for a memorable honeymoon stay include:
- La Residence: An opulent sanctuary in Franschhoek, offering breathtaking views and luxury suites adorned with fine antiques and plush furniture.
- Babylonstoren: A historic Cape Dutch farm with exquisitely landscaped gardens and sophisticated guest cottages. The accommodations offer a blend of rustic charm and modern comfort.
- Delaire Graff Lodges and Spa: Perched atop the Helshoogte Mountain Pass. This estate provides a tranquil escape with stunning lodges overlooking the Stellenbosch Valley.
- The Last Word Franschhoek: An intimate boutique hotel situated in the heart of Franschhoek. It’s known for personalized service and a tranquil atmosphere.
- Mont Rochelle: Sir Richard Branson’s hotel and vineyard offers a luxurious retreat with a unique combination of private, colonial-style suites and impeccable service.
- Lanzerac Hotel & Spa: Steeped in history, this Stellenbosch hotel combines old-world charm with modern luxury, set against the backdrop of majestic mountains and verdant vineyards.
São Paulo, Brazil
São Paulo, Brazil, pulses with a vibrant energy that enchants honeymooners seeking an eclectic and cosmopolitan experience. The city’s rich architectural tapestry, diverse cultural heritage, and world-renowned gastronomy provide endless opportunities for lovers to explore. From the lush landscapes of Ibirapuera Park to the sophisticated art galleries and museums, Sao Paulo offers a honeymoon that is as adventurous as it is romantic.
November Weather in São Paulo
November is the spring season, bringing weather that tends to be warm and rainy. Temperatures during this month generally range from an average low of approximately 61°F to a high of 77°F.
Intermittent rain showers are common, contributing to the vibrant, green landscape. Despite the precipitation, Sao Paulo’s November days often provide ample sunshine to enjoy outdoor activities and sightseeing.
Romantic Things to Do in São Paulo
São Paulo offers an array of romantic experiences. From its gastronomic delights to its art scene, there is something for every pair looking to create memorable moments.
- Ibirapuera Park: Stroll hand-in-hand around this vast urban oasis. Enjoy a picnic by the lake or watch a mesmerizing sunset from one of the park’s bridges.
- São Paulo Art Museum (MASP): Admire masterpieces with your loved one. The MASP includes works from both European and Brazilian artists. Then, engage with contemporary exhibitions that provoke meaningful conversation.
- Jardim Botânico de Sao Pãulo: Wander through this botanical garden’s lush greenhouses and well-tended paths.
- Terraço Itália: Dine with a view at one of the city’s most romantic restaurants. Terraço Itália offers panoramic views of São Paulo’s skyline from its unique rooftop setting.
- Centro Cultural Banco do Brasil São Paulo: Explore cultural exhibits, film screenings, and theatre performances in this historic building.
Where to Stay in São Paulo on Your November Honeymoon
Whether you’re seeking a five-star hotel’s plush surroundings or a boutique guesthouse’s intimate charm, the city’s accommodations cater to every taste and budget.
- Hotel Unique: Recognized for its iconic architecture, this hotel provides an unforgettable experience with its luxurious amenities and rooftop pool.
- Fasano São Paulo: Synonymous with elegance, this hotel is a staple of fine service and sophistication.
- Palácio Tangará: Surrounded by the pristine Burle Marx Park. Here, couples can enjoy a tranquil retreat in the midst of nature without straying far from the city center.
- Renaissance São Paulo Hotel: Offers a mix of modern luxury and cultural flair. This hotel offers spacious rooms and a full-service spa for a complete relaxation experience.
- L’Hotel PortoBay São Paulo: This European-styled hotel provides a cozy yet posh ambiance. Enjoy personalized service, perfect for honeymooners looking for a romantic haven.
A honeymoon in Beijing, China, invites newlyweds to immerse themselves in a land of profound history, spectacular landscapes, and expansive culture. This vast country offers a unique blend of ancient traditions and modern innovations. From the serene gardens and grand palaces to the bustling cityscapes that light up the sky, Beijing promises a multitude of experiences to start your life together.
November Weather in Beijing
In November, Beijing transitions into the colder months. Temperatures typically range from a chilly 34°F to a cool 50°F. Visitors can expect crisp, clear skies due to the decreased humidity, though it’s wise to pack warm clothing as the nights can become quite brisk.
This season also sees less rainfall and occasionally gusty winds, which adds to the overall freshness of the air. The decrease in tourist crowds during this time offers a more tranquil exploration of the city’s outdoor wonders.
Sunnier days prevail, providing excellent opportunities to view Beijing’s beautiful autumn foliage. As summer can get extremely hot in Beijing, these cooler temperatures offer a much more comfortable time to visit.
Romantic Things to Do in Beijing
Beijing’s historical significance and rich artistic heritage create a profoundly romantic backdrop for honeymooners and couples alike. Amidst the monumental landmarks and quiet temples, lovebirds can discover an array of activities that will make their hearts flutter.
- Stroll through the Imperial Gardens: Visit the classical gardens of the Forbidden City. Take a leisurely walk through the imperial landscapes, filled with lush greenery and historic architecture.
- Admire the Sunset at Jingshan Park: Climb to the top of Jingshan Hill just before dusk to catch a sunset with a panoramic view of the Forbidden City.
- Take a Rickshaw Tour around Hutongs: Explore the traditional Hutong alleys by rickshaw. Then, immerse yourselves in the local culture and lifestyle of old Beijing.
- Romantic Boat Ride: Enjoy a private boat ride in the Summer Palace. You’ll take in the serene views of Kunming Lake and the surrounding royal gardens.
- Evening Performance at the National Centre: Experience the grandeur of a performance at the National Centre for the Performing Arts.
Where to Stay in Beijing on Your November Honeymoon
From opulent international chains to boutique hotels steeped in local history, Beijing’s hospitality caters to all tastes and preferences. Here are some top recommendations for accommodation that will enhance your romantic getaway:
- The Peninsula Beijing: Indulge in the classic luxury and refined service of this centrally located hotel. It’s known for its palatial rooms and exquisite dining options.
- Aman Summer Palace: Stay at a resort that blends seamlessly with the historical Summer Palace. It provides an intimate retreat with traditional Chinese architecture and tranquil gardens.
- Rosewood Beijing: Experience contemporary sophistication at this urban sanctuary that offers spacious rooms, innovative cuisine, and a world-class spa.
- The Opposite House: Immerse in the strikingly modern design of this boutique hotel. It’s situated in the vibrant Sanlitun district and is renowned for its unique interiors and artistic ambiance.
Punta Cana, The Dominican Republic
Nestled along the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean, Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic is a lovers’ paradise renowned for its pristine beaches and luxurious resorts. A honeymoon in Punta Cana is the perfect blend of relaxation and adventure, with opportunities for catamaran sailing, snorkeling, and intimate beachside dinners under the stars.
November Weather in Punta Cana
With its tropical maritime climate, Punta Cana is a blissful escape in November. This month is characterized by warm, inviting temperatures averaging from 73°F to 86°F.
Rainfall is sporadic but usually brief, and the hurricane season is nearing its end, significantly reducing the likelihood of storms. The balmy evenings and gentle coastal breezes provide the perfect atmosphere for romantic strolls or dining al fresco.
Romantic Things to Do in Punta Cana
Create lasting memories with your loved one amidst the serene beauty of this tropical paradise. Whether seeking relaxation or adventure, you’ll find your hearts aligning with every shared experience. Here are some must-do romantic activities to consider:
- Sunset Sail: Set sail on a private charter. Relax as the sun dips below the horizon, painting the sky with hues of pink and orange.
- Couples Spa Day: Indulge in a luxurious spa day, with side-by-side treatments that promise relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Beachfront Dinner: Enjoy an intimate dinner on the beach. Your experience is completed with the sound of waves and a canopy of stars overhead.
- Horseback Riding: Trot along the pristine beaches on horseback, a classic and utterly romantic experience.
- Dance Lessons: Sway to the rhythm of Merengue or Bachata as you take a local dance lesson. Here, you’re embracing both culture and each other…
Where to Stay in Punta Cana on Your November Honeymoon
Punta Cana is not only a haven for romantic activities but also offers various luxurious accommodations catering to honeymooning couples. Here are several top-notch resorts that promise a memorable and intimate experience:
- Zoëtry Agua Punta Cana: Embrace the art of wellness at this resort, where tranquility meets luxury. Rooms with private terraces and plunge pools ensure a secluded and romantic atmosphere.
- Sanctuary Cap Cana: Nestled within a gated community, this adults-only resort offers a castle-like experience with its stunning architecture and pristine private beaches.
- Excellence Punta Cana: Experience an idyllic retreat at a resort that specializes in romantic escapades. It offers suite accommodations with ocean views and private jacuzzis.
- Secrets Royal Beach Punta Cana: Unwind in a paradise dedicated to adult romance. It provides an all-inclusive experience with a focus on privacy and pampering.
The Philippines, an archipelago blessed with over 7,600 islands, offers a unique and enchanting honeymoon destination. Its crystal-clear waters, diverse marine life, and white sandy beaches create an ideal backdrop for couples.
Beyond the stunning seascapes, the warmth of Filipino hospitality ensures that honeymooners receive a heartfelt welcome, making memories that last a lifetime. Whether seeking adventure or relaxation, the Philippines provides a plethora of experiences, ensuring that every moment spent on its shores is nothing short of magical.
November Weather in The Philippines
The Philippines welcomes the cool onset of the “Amihan season” in November. The northeast winds bringing a pleasant, moderate climate ideal for travel.
Average temperatures range comfortably from 77°F to 90°F, making it perfect for exploring the archipelago’s stunning landscapes. With decreased rainfall and the conclusion of the wet season, visitors can enjoy outdoor adventures and beach outings under clear, blue skies.
Romantic Things to Do in The Philippines
Embark on a romantic journey through the enchanting landscapes of the Philippines, a country brimming with opportunities to create unforgettable memories with your significant other. Whether you’re taking a tranquil boat ride through the serene waters of Palawan or exploring the vibrant culture in the streets of Manila, the Philippines offers a diverse array of activities that cater to every couple’s taste.
Romantic Things to Do in The Philippines
- Island Hopping in El Nido: Navigate the crystal-clear waters and discover hidden lagoons, secret beaches, and private coves, perfect for intimate picnics.
- Watching the Sunset at Manila Bay: Marvel at one of the world’s most beautiful sunsets as you stroll hand-in-hand along the Baywalk.
- Explore Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park: Take a romantic river cruise through the underground caves. You’ll witness incredible natural formations with your loved one.
- Hiking to Mt. Pulag: Embark on an adventurous trek to the summit of Luzon’s highest peak.
- Dinner Cruise on the Loboc River: Enjoy a magical evening aboard a floating restaurant with live music.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride in Clark: Take to the skies at sunrise for a breathtaking view of the landscape, followed by a champagne toast upon landing.
- Spa Retreat in Batangas: Unwind with a couple’s massage and spa treatment surrounded by the soothing ambiance of lush nature.
- Visiting the Historic Sites in Vigan: Step back in time as you explore the cobblestone streets and colonial houses of this UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Chocolate Hills Adventure Park: Add a touch of thrill to your trip with activities like zip-lining and biking through the iconic Chocolate Hills.
Where to Stay in The Philippines on Your November Honeymoon
Finding the perfect accommodation is key to ensuring a romantic and unforgettable honeymoon. Here’s a selection of places that offer the perfect blend of comfort, romance, and unique experiences:
- Amanpulo, Palawan: Experience ultimate luxury on a private island with villas offering direct beach access and private pools.
- Shangri-La’s Boracay Resort & Spa: Enjoy panoramic sea views and world-class facilities at this exclusive resort.
- The Farm at San Benito, Batangas: Opt for a wellness retreat in an eco-friendly environment focused on health and holistic well-being.
- Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila: Combine city amenities with 5-star luxury and the renowned Spiral buffet for a gastronomic treat.
Glenmere Mansion, Chester, New York
Glenmere Mansion, approximately one hour from New York City in Chester. Its elegant and formal gardens bring European chic and style to mind.
This former private villa was once host to the elite, including royalty. It is now an 18-room hotel with two restaurants, a spa, and a breathtaking antique and art collection. Plus, two tennis courts and a whirlpool spa. Most of the rooms have a fireplace and a terrace.
The Supper Room serves dinner by candlelight, a large fireplace, and wine from its cellar daily. Guests can also enjoy the regular Thursday evening wine tastings that won the Wine Spectator Best of Award of Excellence. For those visiting over the November holiday, a three-course prix-fixe Thanksgiving dinner with wine pairing is served in the Supper Room.
Lake Placid, New York
Lake Placid may be famous for being a part of the Olympics. Still, it is also the original winter resort for the rich and elite who recognized the beauty of the Adirondack long before it became an East Coast treasure.
By the early 20th century, it had turned into an ideal winter resort and has given Olympic hopefuls a competitive edge ever since. From first-rate hotels to a cultural opera house, Lake Placid became the place to be, especially when the snow began, and visitors reveled in the warmth of a fireplace and a hot cup of cocoa.
November Weather in Lake Placid
November in Lake Placid ushers in the crisp, cooler days of late fall, with temperatures routinely ranging from the low 30s to the mid-40°Fs. Snow begins to dust the landscape, transforming the area into a picturesque winter wonderland.
These magical conditions begin attracting visitors eager to experience the early start of the ski season. Although the weather is chilly, the scenery is breathtaking, with the last of the golden autumn leaves giving way to the serene whites and blues of the coming winter.
Romantic Things to Do in Lake Placid
Nestled in the Adirondack Mountains, Lake Placid offers a romantic backdrop that feels plucked from a fairytale. For couples seeking both adventure and intimacy, this destination offers a serene escape with activities to warm the heart against the crisp November air.
- Take a Scenic Gondola Ride: Soar above the frost-kissed trees on a gondola ride at Whiteface Mountain. You’ll enjoy panoramic views that will take your breath away.
- Enjoy a Horse-Drawn Sleigh Ride: Bundle up under a blanket and enjoy the jingle of sleigh bells as you glide through snow-covered trails.
- Ice Skating at the Olympic Oval: Hand-in-hand, retrace the strokes of Olympians on the historic speed skating oval.
- Watch Ski Jumpers at the Lake Placid Olympic Ski Jumping Complex: Share a thrilling experience as you witness ski jumpers soar through the air.
- Relax at a Luxury Spa: Unwind with a couple’s massage and spa treatment as the winter chill sets in outside.
- Explore the Mirror Lake Path: Embark on a tranquil walk around the glistening Mirror Lake. Then cozy-up with hot cocoa by a lakefront fire pit.
- Dine at the View Restaurant: The View is Lake Placid’s sole AAA Four Diamond restaurant serving exceptional cuisine and a winning wine list.
Where to Stay in Lake Placid on Your November Honeymoon
From rustic lodges to upscale resorts, below is a curated list of places to stay, ensuring a memorable and luxurious retreat.
- Lake Placid Lodge: Experience rustic elegance in this luxurious lodge that offers rooms with fireplaces and stunning lake views.
- Mirror Lake Inn: Indulge in upscale comfort at this classic inn featuring a full-service spa and fine dining options.
- Whiteface Lodge: A perfect blend of wilderness and opulence, stay at this resort to enjoy a private jetted tub and access to a wealth of amenities.
- High Peaks Resort: With modern rooms and a view of the Adirondacks, High Peaks Resort provides a tranquil setting for newlyweds.
- The Haus, Mirror Lake: For a more intimate experience, consider this contemporary lakefront lodging with its unique and modern vibe.
New York City, New York
Anyone who thinks Thanksgiving in New York is just about its famous parade is in for a surprise. There are plenty of fantastic activities throughout Thanksgiving Day weekend.
The month of November hosts the New York City Marathon and the NYC Comedy Festival. And then comes the best day of all: Thanksgiving.
There is no shortage of restaurants that will serve a gourmet Thanksgiving dinner. Couples may wish to raise the bar and take a Thanksgiving Buffet Cruise along the Hudson River and East Rivers. It’s two-and-a-half hours of turkey with all the trimmings, the best view of Manhattan’s landmarks, a stocked bar, and live entertainment. Where else can anyone cruise past the Statue of Liberty on Thanksgiving?
November Weather in New York City
November in New York City is characterized by the crisp embrace of autumn transitioning into the early whisper of winter. The average temperatures range from a high of around 55°F to a low of 41°F, with early November generally offering more mild temperatures.
This period is marked by a decrease in daylight hours and the foliage in Central Park turning into a tapestry of rich, warm hues. Late in the month, one can expect cooler temperatures and a stronger possibility of experiencing the city’s first snowfall of the season, imbuing the cityscape with a magical wintery charm perfect for honeymooners and photographers alike.
Romantic Things to Do in New York City
Known as “The City That Never Sleeps,” there are many romantic activities to partake in that will ensure you make unforgettable memories together. Whether you’re enjoying breathtaking views from the heights of skyscrapers or snuggling close on a charming carriage ride, NYC offers endless opportunities for love to blossom.
- Empire State Building: Ascend to the observation decks of this iconic landmark for a stunning skyline at sunset.
- Thanksgiving Eve Pub Crawl: The event crawls through four pubs in the West Village with karaoke, DJs, free shots, and beer pong.
- Central Park Carriage Ride: Enjoy a classic New York experience with a horse-drawn carriage ride through Central Park.
- Broadway Show: Book a night out to witness the magic of a live Broadway performance.
- Brooklyn Bridge Stroll: Take a hand-in-hand walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and savor the skyline’s reflection on the East River.
- Rowboats in Central Park: Rent a rowboat at the Loeb Boathouse for a peaceful and scenic afternoon together.
- Dinner Cruise: Embark on a dinner cruise around Manhattan to enjoy the city lights and gourmet cuisine.
- Rooftop Bars: Sip on cocktails at one of NYC’s many rooftop bars, offering panoramic views and a stylish atmosphere.
- The High Line: Wander the elevated park for modern landscape architecture, art installations, and intimate alcoves.
Where to Stay in New York City on Your November Honeymoon
With the city’s captivating autumn colors and the cool, crisp air setting a romantic mood, your choice of hotel can elevate your experience from memorable to extraordinary. Here’s a curated list of five romantic hotels that promise to make your honeymoon stay as enchanting as the city itself:
- Conrad New York Downtown: Located in the trendy and lively Battery Park neighborhood, this luxurious hotel offers spacious suites with stunning views of the Hudson River.
- The Knickerbocker: In the heart of Times Square, this historic hotel boasts elegant rooms with contemporary amenities and a rooftop bar.
- The Pierre, A Taj Hotel: This iconic hotel exudes old-world charm and sophistication. It offers opulent suites overlooking Central Park and a renowned French cuisine restaurant.
- 1 Hotel Central Park: For a more eco-friendly option, this hotel combines modern luxury with sustainability, offering spacious rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows and breathtaking views of Central Park.
- Fitzpatrick Manhattan: This boutique-style hotel in Midtown East offers cozy and romantic rooms with Irish-inspired decor, as well as a charming pub serving traditional Irish fare.
Santa Barbara, California
If the cosmopolitan allure of New York City isn’t what you’re yearning for, perhaps the serene beauty of Santa Barbara, California, will capture your heart. Often referred to as ‘The American Riviera,’ Santa Barbara perfectly blends natural splendor, Spanish-influenced architecture, and an inviting Mediterranean climate. Here, soft sandy beaches and a backdrop of the Santa Ynez Mountains create a picture-perfect setting for honeymooners seeking both relaxation and adventure.
November Weather in Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, known as the American Riviera, enjoys a pleasant Mediterranean-like climate year-round. In November, the weather finally begins to cool.
Average temperatures hover between 60°F to 70°F, with cooler evenings. The region receives moderate rainfall during this month, so outdoor activities are still very much on the cards. Packing a light jacket and perhaps an umbrella would be advisable for those occasional showers.
Romantic Things to Do in Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara’s enchanting beauty makes it the perfect destination for couples seeking a mix of relaxation and adventure. From its pristine beaches to scenic wine country, this coastal haven offers endless opportunities for romance.
- Explore the Santa Barbara Wine Country: Embark on a wine-tasting journey through the vineyards that dot the Santa Ynez Valley. Private tours can be booked to explore the boutique wineries and enjoy the region’s finest selections.
- Sunset Cruise by the Harbor: Take a sailboat cruise and watch the sunset paint the Pacific Ocean’s horizon.
- Horseback Riding on the Beach: Experience the romance of horseback riding along the shoreline. Guided tours can lead you and your loved one through the surf and sand at sunset.
- Stroll through Lotusland: Discover the tranquility of Ganna Walska Lotusland. It’s a beautiful botanical garden with exotic plants from around the world.
- Dine at Cold Spring Tavern: This historic stagecoach stop-turned-restaurant is nestled in the Santa Barbara Mountains. The tavern offers a cozy atmosphere with delicious food and live music.
Where to Stay in Santa Barbara on Your November Honeymoon
With its tranquil beaches and charming Spanish colonial architecture, the city presents a picturesque setting for honeymooners. Below are five handpicked havens that promise to make your honeymoon in Santa Barbara truly unforgettable.
- El Encanto: Perched on the city’s riviera, this iconic hotel offers panoramic views combined with secluded bungalows for the ultimate in privacy and elegance.
- The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara: Experience opulence by the ocean at this Mediterranean-inspired resort, featuring luxurious accommodations and a sprawling spa.
- Four Seasons Resort The Biltmore Santa Barbara: Just steps from the beach, this classic resort blends Spanish influences with modern luxury.
- Simpson House Inn: Embrace the charm of a Victorian bed and breakfast, nestled within walking distance of downtown, offering a quaint and intimate setting.
- Palihouse Santa Barbara: This boutique hotel combines a historic Spanish colonial revival building with contemporary furnishings and amenities, perfect for the modern couple.
A honeymoon in Leavenworth, Washington, introduces couples to a wonderland on the cusp of winter. The air, brisk with the promise of snowfall, turns this charming town into a scene straight out of a romantic fairy tale.
As a stunning replica of a Bavarian village, Leavenworth embraces the festive spirit of the alpine holiday season. It emerges as one of Washington’s premier destinations, offering lovers the chance to wander hand-in-hand amongst enchanting decorations, savor authentic German cuisine, and indulge in rich, flavorful beers.
November Weather in Leavenworth
Leavenworth welcomes the brisk beginnings of the winter season in November, wrapping this charming Bavarian-styled village in a chill that’s perfect for cozy getaways. Daytime temperatures average around the 40s (°F), while nights can dip down into the low 30s or high 20s.
Occasional early snowfalls add a sprinkle of magic to the stunning alpine scenery. It’s a time to wrap up warm, enjoy the crisp autumn air, and perhaps, if you’re lucky, witness the town’s transformation into a winter wonderland.
Romantic Things to Do in Leavenworth
Strolling through Leavenworth’s quaint streets, you can’t help but fall in love with its Alpine-inspired architecture and warm, festive atmosphere. The charm of this mountain retreat comes to life in November, offering unique experiences that blend the allure of a European village with the captivating wilderness of the Pacific Northwest.
- Wine Tasting Tours: Leavenworth boasts a number of local vineyards and tasting rooms. It can be a perfect afternoon for savoring the region’s finest wines together.
- Visit the Reindeer Farm: Located just outside of Leavenworth, this family-owned farm offers an interactive experience with reindeer.
- Sleigh Rides: What could be more romantic than snuggling up together in a horse-drawn sleigh as you glide through snow-covered scenery?
- Experience the Nutcracker Museum: This unique museum showcases over 9,000 nutcrackers from around the world.
- Go skiing at Leavenworth Ski Hill: Hit the slopes together and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding mountains.
Where to Stay in Leavenworth on Your November Honeymoon
Leavenworth offers a variety of lodging options that cater to the dreamy atmosphere of a romantic getaway. From cozy bed and breakfasts to luxurious cabins, each setting provides a unique experience to make your honeymoon unforgettable. Here are a few top-rated places to consider for your romantic stay:
- Bavarian Lodge: With its authentic Alpine decor and majestic mountain backdrop, the Bavarian Lodge offers a luxurious stay right in the heart of Leavenworth.
- Run of the River Inn & Refuge: This inn specializes in romantic and adventure packages for an intimate escape.
- Solstice Suites: Embrace the peace of Leavenworth in these boutique suites. They feature fireplaces and jetted tubs for a relaxing honeymoon experience.
- Pine River Ranch: Nestled in the natural beauty of the Cascade Mountains, this historic B&B provides an enchanting setting for newlyweds.
As autumn wanes, the November breeze in Williamsburg carries the perfect crispness for wandering through the historical marvels of Colonial Williamsburg. Embodying the spirit of the 18th century, Colonial Williamsburg operates as a living museum where original structures, artisan shops, and traditional taverns stand preserved, animated by guides in period attire.
November Weather in Williamsburg
November in Williamsburg is marked by crisp autumn days with a comfortable chill in the air. The average high-temperature hovers around 59°F, while the cooler evenings tend to dip down to an average low of about 38°F. This time of year is characterized by the colorful foliage transforming the historic landscapes into a tapestry of oranges, reds, and yellows, making it a picturesque time for honeymooners to explore the city’s colonial charm.
Romantic Things to Do in Williamsburg
Williamsburg blends history and romance, providing an ideal setting for honeymooners looking to immerse themselves in the charm of another era. Here are some romantic activities to consider:
- Carriage Ride through Colonial Williamsburg: Take a step back in time with a private horse-drawn carriage ride.
- Wine Tastings at Williamsburg Winery: Savor the flavors of local wines at Virginia’s largest winery, offering intimate tastings and vineyard tours.
- Sunset Walks along the James River: Stroll the scenic Virginia Capital Trail by the James River at dusk.
- Attend ChowderFest: During the first weekend in November, Williamsburg hosts its annual ChowderFest. It features delicious food, live music, and a festive atmosphere perfect for couples.
- Dinner at a Tavern: End the day with a candlelit meal at one of Williamsburg’s historic taverns. You can indulge in traditional culinary delights in an 18th-century setting.
Where to Stay in Williamsburg on Your November Honeymoon
The right accommodation can make all the difference in a honeymoon. Williamsburg has a diverse range of places catering to a newlywed couple’s romantic aura. Let’s explore some enchanting options where you can stay during your November honeymoon in Williamsburg:
- Williamsburg Inn: Experience luxury at its finest in this prestigious property known for its regal ambiance and impeccable service.
- Fife & Drum Inn: Nestled in the heart of downtown, this charming inn offers a quaint retreat steps away from historical sites and delightful cafes.
- Kingsmill Resort: For a more resort-like stay, indulge in the amenities of Kingsmill Resort. It boasts serene river views and an array of recreational activities.
- Wedmore Place: Located at the Williamsburg Winery, Wedmore Place exudes European charm and offers a unique stay, complete with wine tastings and vineyard vistas.
- A Williamsburg White House: This bed and breakfast provides a presidential-themed stay with rooms named after U.S. presidents.
Greenbrier Valley, West Virginia
Nestled in the majestic Appalachian Mountains, Greenbrier Valley, West Virginia, presents a splendid honeymoon escape combining rustic charm and refined elegance. This picturesque valley offers a tranquil yet vibrant setting for couples who delight in the allure of nature coupled with the promise of luxurious relaxation.
November Weather in Greenbrier Valley
Couples can expect crisp, cool air with average highs around 50°F and cooler nights typically dropping to near 30°F. The changing foliage gives the landscape a romantic backdrop of gold, amber, and crimson leaves—a perfect accompaniment to cozy fireside evenings. However, it’s wise to pack layers, as the weather can be quite variable, with the possibility of early snow flurries adding to the magical ambiance of the season.
Romantic Things to Do in Greenbrier Valley
Whether you are reconnecting with a loved one or simply seeking a tranquil escape, Greenbrier Valley offers a romantic setting with its picturesque landscapes and quaint small-town charm. Couples have a multitude of activities to choose from that will stir the embers of love and create lasting memories.
- Stroll through the Historic District: Wander hand-in-hand through the streets of Lewisburg. This town is steeped in history with beautifully preserved architecture and inviting boutiques.
- Visit the Greenbrier Resort: Explore the luxurious grounds of this iconic resort. You don’t need to be staying there to explore the world-class spa and a selection of fine dining experiences.
- Enjoy the Outdoors: Take a scenic drive to admire the stunning fall foliage. Alternatively, embark on a peaceful hike through one of the area’s many trails.
- Taste Local Delights at Wineries and Breweries: Sample the finest local wines and craft beers, pairing them with artisanal cheeses or a gourmet picnic.
- Attend a Performance at Carnegie Hall: Experience cultural enrichment with a concert or play at this historic venue that brings top-tier entertainment to the heart of Greenbrier Valley.
Where to Stay in Greenbrier Valley on Your November Honeymoon
Cozy accommodations play a vital role in defining the experience of any romantic getaway. Here’s a curated list of three charming places to stay in Greenbrier Valley, each promising to make your honeymoon memorable.
- The Historic General Lewis Inn: Embrace history and luxury at this charming inn, offering personalized service and rooms decorated with antiques. It’s perfect for couples seeking a unique and intimate retreat.
- The Old Victorian Bed & Breakfast: Step back in time in this beautifully restored Victorian home. Romanticize your stay with their opulent decor, gourmet breakfasts, and the warm hospitality that harkens back to a bygone era.
- The Greenbrier Resort: Live the high life at this grand, five-star resort. Here, luxury meets elegance. Enjoy world-class amenities and services, including horseback riding, golfing, and lavish spa treatments.
Steeped in Southern charm and brimming with romantic ambiance, Savannah, Georgia, is the epitome of a fairy-tale honeymoon destination. Walk hand in hand beneath a canopy of Spanish moss, explore the historic cobblestone streets, and savor the slow, sweet pace of the South. This city’s rich heritage, architectural treasures, and vibrant culinary scene create the perfect backdrop for the start of your happily ever after.
November Weather in Savannah
In November, Savannah welcomes visitors with its pleasantly mild temperatures and fewer rain showers than in summer. This charming southern city boasts an average high of 70°F and a cooler average low of around 48°F. It makes for an ideal time for couples who enjoy exploring historic streets and outdoor cafes without the swelter of summer heat.
Romantic Things to Do in Savannah
Discover the allure of Savannah, where every street corner tells a story, set against a backdrop of antebellum architecture and oak-lined avenues. For honeymooners, Savannah is a living fairytale that unfolds beneath a canopy of Spanish moss. Here are some unmissable romantic experiences for your November honeymoon:
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours: Feel transported to another era with a private carriage ride, winding through the cobbled streets and squares, all steeped in history.
- Picnics in Forsyth Park: Share intimate moments with a picnic in the heart of Savannah. The natural beauty and classical charm of Forsyth Park will surround you.
- Sunset River Cruise: Embark on a magical sunset cruise along the Savannah River, indulging in the breathtaking views as the day turns to evening.
- Ghost Tours: For adventurous couples, experience a thrilling ghost tour through Savannah’s haunted locales.
- Art Galleries on River Street: Stroll hand-in-hand along River Street, where art galleries and boutiques offer a glimpse into the local culture and provide perfect souvenirs from your romantic escape.
Where to Stay in Savannah on Your November Honeymoon
Savannah is the perfect place to call home during your stay. Below are some handpicked accommodations where romance is as rich in the air as the scent of magnolias:
- The Gastonian: Rated as one of the most romantic inns, The Gastonian consists of two adjoining Regency-Italianate-style mansions built in 1868, offering a blend of antique charm and modern comforts.
- Ballastone Inn: Escape to an elegant hideaway at the Ballastone Inn, where sumptuous rooms and afternoon high tea promise to create an atmosphere of genteel luxury.
- Kehoe House: Book a room at the historic Kehoe House, a beautifully restored Renaissance Revival mansion known for its stately ironwork and warm Southern hospitality.
- The Marshall House: Experience history intertwined with contemporary elegance at The Marshall House, one of Savannah’s oldest hotels, where unique rooms and a notable restaurant create an unforgettable stay.
Jamaica emerges as a mesmerizing honeymoon destination. It offers an enchanting blend of white sandy beaches, vibrant culture, and laid-back island vibes.
Jamaica promises an unforgettable romantic getaway for newlyweds seeking a blend of relaxation and adventure against a backdrop of lush mountains and turquoise waters. Indulge in the island’s renowned hospitality, exotic cuisine, and reggae rhythms that make every moment spent together nothing short of magical.
November Weather in Jamaica
In November, Jamaica is a tropical retreat with warm, sunny skies providing the perfect backdrop for a honeymoon. The average temperature lingers around an inviting 80°F, while the island cools off slightly at night, leading to comfortable evening temperatures. Though November marks the end of the hurricane season, occasional rain showers are typically brief and refreshing, ensuring that the weather does not disrupt the romantic mood and outdoor activities.
Romantic Things to Do in Jamaica
Embrace the rhythmic sounds of reggae and the soothing whispers of the Caribbean Sea as you embark on romantic adventures in Jamaica. This island paradise, rich with lush forests, captivating waterfalls, and idyllic beaches, offers a perfect blend of relaxation and exploration for lovebirds. Here are some enchanting experiences to elevate your honeymoon in Jamaica:
- Sunset Catamaran Cruise: Set sail on the tranquil waters. You’ll witness the fiery Jamaican sunset from a luxury catamaran with cocktails and canapés.
- Couples Massage by the Sea: Indulge in a serene couples massage on the beach.
- Private Beachfront Dinner: Dine under the stars with a specially arranged beachfront meal.
- Dunn’s River Falls: Join hands as you climb the iconic cascading waters of Dunn’s River Falls. It’s a natural masterpiece that’s both an adventure and a photo opportunity.
- Blue Mountain Coffee Plantation Tour: Discover the renowned flavors of Blue Mountain Coffee with a private tour, and enjoy a fresh cup as you overlook the scenic plantation.
- Horseback Ride ‘n’ Swim: Experience the thrill of horseback riding along the shore before taking an unforgettable swim in the sea with your equine companion.
Where to Stay in Jamaica on Your November Honeymoon
Choosing the right accommodation is just as important as the activities you plan. Your stay should offer comfort, romance, and a hint of adventure while providing a sanctuary to relax and connect. Consider these exquisite retreats for your November honeymoon in Jamaica:
- Half Moon: A historic resort in Montego Bay with two miles of private beach. Half Moon offers an array of luxury rooms, suites, and villas surrounded by gardens, lagoons, and white-sand beaches.
- Sandals Royal Plantation: In Ocho Rios, this all-inclusive adults-only resort is a blend of European sophistication and laid-back Jamaican vibes. It features ocean-view suites and butler service.
- The Caves: The Caves in Negril provide cliffside accommodations, private cave dining, and an Aveda Amenity Spa overlooking the sea.
- Round Hill Hotel and Villas: This luxury resort in Montego Bay offers secluded beachfront villas, award-winning dining, and a private island for an unforgettable honeymoon experience.
- Couples Sans Souci: Located in Ocho Rios, this all-inclusive paradise boasts a stunning cliffside setting, private white-sand beach, and romantic amenities such as an oceanfront spa and in-room Jacuzzis.