New York City
New York City, with its undeniable allure, is a captivating honeymoon destination. The city that never sleeps offers a blend of romance and excitement. Stroll hand in hand through Central Park, where lush greenery and serene lakes provide a peaceful escape. Experience the mesmerizing views from the Empire State Building, a moment to cherish forever. Share intimate dinners in world-class restaurants and explore diverse cuisines. Broadway shows and live music create an enchanting atmosphere for couples. Iconic landmarks like Times Square and the Statue of Liberty add a touch of grandeur. New York City’s energy and diversity make it an unforgettable choice for a honeymoon.
The 13 Best Honeymoon Resorts in New York City
Conrad New York Downtown
For honeymooners seeking a Manhattan retreat that blends urban sophistication with waterfront serenity, Conrad New York Downtown emerges as the quintessential choice. Let’s embark on a journey to uncover why this hotel offers the perfect setting for a romantic escape in the city that never sleeps. A Suite Retreat: At…
Honeymooners seeking a harmonious blend of contemporary comfort and urban adventure will find their perfect escape at Arlo Midtown. Nestled between the vibrant energy of Times Square and the emerging allure of Hudson Yards, this modern gem offers a unique and intimate haven amidst the bustling streets of New York…
The Pierre, A Taj Hotel
For honeymooners seeking an extraordinary New York City experience, The Pierre, A Taj Hotel, stands as a testament to grandeur and exceptional hospitality. Since its grand opening in 1930, The Pierre has consistently held a distinguished place in the heart of the city, representing a quintessential monument to opulence and…
New York Marriott Marquis
Located in the heart of Times Square, the New York Marriott Marquis hotel lands you smack-dab in the beating heart of Manhattan, where the vibe is famous and the energy is unmatched. It’s contemporary and modern, with updated rooms and suites, three restaurants and lounges and a killer location right…
1 Hotel Central Park
For honeymooners seeking a harmonious blend of nature, luxury, and urban charm, 1 Hotel Central Park offers a unique and unforgettable experience. Nestled just one block south of the iconic Central Park, at the intersection of 58th Street and 6th Avenue, this oasis in the middle of bustling Manhattan provides…
Hotel 50 Bowery
Hotel 50 Bowery invites you to experience the heart and soul of New York City in a unique and culturally rich setting. Situated in the vibrant neighborhood of Chinatown, this boutique hotel offers an ideal backdrop for honeymooners seeking adventure, history, and a touch of the city’s energy. A Rooftop…
The Michelangelo New York
The Michelangelo New York emerges as a haven of classic elegance and incomparable Italian hospitality for honeymooners seeking an enchanted hideaway in the center of the hectic city. Join us on a tour to discover why this hotel in the heart of Manhattan sets the setting for an amazing romantic…
For honeymooners looking to immerse themselves in the vibrant energy of New York City while enjoying the quintessential luxury and elegance, The Knickerbocker offers an unrivaled experience. Situated at the bustling intersection of 42nd Street, Broadway, and Bryant Park, The Knickerbocker stands as a testament to the city’s glorious past,…
The Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel is a small haven intended for your utmost comfort for honeymooners seeking the perfect balance of comfort, sophistication, and personalized service in the heart of Manhattan. With 92 rooms and suites and a thorough makeover of all guestrooms in February 2019, this boutique jewel delivers an…
Moxy NYC Chelsea
If you’re a honeymooning couple looking for a contemporary and vibrant stay in the heart of New York City, Moxy Chelsea NYC is the new kid on the block that promises to make your urban escape unforgettable. Here’s why Moxy Chelsea is a unique choice for couples seeking a modern…
Sofitel New York
Honeymooners seeking a luxurious and romantic escape in the heart of the Big Apple need look no further than the Sofitel New York. This hotel seamlessly blends a French soul with a distinctly New York edge, setting the stage for an unforgettable experience. The Art of Dining: Gaby Brasserie Your…
The Standard, High Line
For honeymooners with a taste for adventure and an eye for innovation, The Standard, High Line in New York City’s vibrant Meatpacking District is the ultimate urban playground. From the moment you step into this iconic hotel, you’re immersed in a world of modern luxury and breathtaking views. Elevated Views:…
Warwick New York
For couples seeking a honeymoon experience that effortlessly marries tradition and timeless elegance with modern-day luxury, the Warwick New York stands as an iconic retreat. Let’s explore why Warwick New York is the perfect choice for honeymooners looking to step into a world of classic charm and exceptional service. A…
About New York City
Average Cost of a One Week New York City Honeymoon
The cost of a one-week honeymoon in New York City can vary widely depending on your preferences and choices, but here’s a general breakdown of average costs for a comfortable experience:
Round-trip flights for two people to New York City from a major US city can range from $400 to $800 per person. So, for a couple, expect to spend around $800 to $1,600.
Hotel prices in NYC vary greatly. A mid-range hotel might cost around $200 to $400 per night. For a week, you could spend approximately $1,400 to $2,800.
- Dining out at mid-range restaurants: $80 to $150 per day.
- Subway and taxi fares: $30 to $50 per day.
- Activities and entertainment: $100 to $200 per day.
- Miscellaneous expenses: $50 to $100 per day.
Average Total Cost
For a one-week honeymoon, you can expect to spend around $3,000 to $5,000 on average. Keep in mind that this is a general estimate, and your actual expenses may vary based on your choices, such as luxury accommodations or dining at high-end restaurants. It’s always a good idea to set a budget and plan accordingly to ensure your honeymoon is a memorable and enjoyable experience without breaking the bank.
Best Time to Visit New York City
The best time to visit New York City for your honeymoon largely depends on your preferences and what kind of experience you’re seeking. Here are some considerations for different seasons:
- Spring in NYC is a beautiful time with milder weather, blooming flowers in Central Park, and outdoor activities becoming more pleasant.
- Ideal for couples who enjoy leisurely walks in the park and exploring the city without extreme weather conditions.
- Cherry blossoms in Central Park make for a picturesque setting.
- Summer offers warm weather, perfect for outdoor activities and sightseeing.
- This is the peak tourist season, so expect larger crowds and higher hotel prices.
- Rooftop bars, outdoor concerts, and festivals provide a vibrant atmosphere for honeymooners.
- Fall is a popular time for NYC, with comfortable temperatures and the city adorned in colorful foliage.
- It’s an excellent time for romantic walks and taking in the city’s art and cultural scene.
- Crowds start to thin out compared to summer.
- The holiday season in NYC is magical with festive decorations, ice skating at Rockefeller Center, and holiday markets.
- If you’re a fan of a cozy, winter wonderland atmosphere, this might be the perfect time.
- However, it can be quite cold, so be prepared for lower temperatures and possibly some snow.
Ultimately, the best time to visit NYC for your honeymoon depends on your personal preferences. Spring and fall tend to be favorite choices due to pleasant weather and fewer crowds, but each season offers its own unique charm and experiences. Be sure to check the specific dates and events that interest you and align with your romantic vision for the trip.
About Honeymooning in New York City
Honeymooning in New York City is a unique experience, but there are several important things to know about the city’s culture, currency, and cuisine:
- Diversity: NYC is one of the most diverse cities in the world, and this is reflected in its culture. Embrace the opportunity to explore various cultures, from Chinatown to Little Italy and beyond.
- Pace of Life: New Yorkers are known for their fast-paced lifestyles. While the city can be exciting, be prepared for a bit of hustle and bustle.
- Arts and Entertainment: NYC is a cultural hub with world-class museums, theaters, and music venues. Catch a Broadway show or visit iconic art institutions like the MET.
- Fashion: NYC is a fashion capital, so dressing well is a common practice. You’ll have plenty of opportunities to shop for designer clothing or explore unique boutiques.
- Currency: The United States Dollar (USD) is the currency used in NYC. Credit and debit cards are widely accepted, but it’s advisable to carry some cash for smaller purchases and tips.
- Tipping: Tipping is customary in restaurants, bars, hotels, and for various services. A typical tip is around 15-20% of the bill.
- Diverse Dining: NYC offers a vast array of culinary options, from classic American to international cuisine. Don’t miss the chance to savor a variety of foods, from street vendors to Michelin-starred restaurants.
- New York-Style Pizza and Bagels: Try the iconic New York-style pizza and bagels. It’s a must when you’re in the city.
- Food Trucks: Street food is a part of NYC’s food culture. Explore food trucks and stalls for delicious and affordable options.
- Reservations: Make reservations for popular restaurants well in advance, especially for special occasions like your honeymoon.
- Dietary Preferences: NYC is accommodating to various dietary preferences, including vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free. You’ll have no trouble finding suitable options.
- Food Festivals: Check for food festivals and events happening during your visit. They offer a chance to taste a wide variety of dishes in one place.
Honeymooning in New York City offers a unique blend of culture, experiences, and culinary delights. Embrace the diversity, explore the city’s vibrant neighborhoods, and savor the opportunity to indulge in a world of flavors. Be prepared for a fast-paced, cosmopolitan environment and have a memorable time in the Big Apple.
Best Activities for a New York City Honeymoon
New York City offers a multitude of romantic activities for a memorable honeymoon. Here are some of the best activities to consider:
- Central Park: Take leisurely walks in Central Park, go rowing on the lake, or have a picnic under the shade of trees. It’s a serene escape in the heart of the city.
- Top of the Empire State Building: Visit the Empire State Building’s observation deck for breathtaking panoramic views of the city, especially at sunset.
- Broadway Shows: Catch a world-class Broadway show, a quintessential NYC experience. Reserve tickets in advance for a memorable evening.
- Romantic Dinner: Enjoy a romantic dinner at a fine dining restaurant. NYC offers a plethora of culinary options, from Michelin-starred venues to cozy bistros.
- Brooklyn Bridge: Walk hand in hand across the Brooklyn Bridge, which offers spectacular views of the city skyline and the East River.
- Statue of Liberty: Take a ferry to Liberty Island to see the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, rich in American history.
- Museum Hopping: Explore art and culture at museums like the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), and the Guggenheim.
- Hudson River Cruise: Enjoy a romantic dinner cruise on the Hudson River, with beautiful views of the city lights.
- Central Park Zoo: Visit the Central Park Zoo, home to a variety of animals, and enjoy a more intimate experience in this smaller zoo.
- Coney Island: Take a trip to Coney Island, where you can enjoy the beach, amusement park rides, and classic boardwalk attractions.
- Rooftop Bars: NYC has many rooftop bars offering stunning views, making them ideal for a romantic evening.
- Whispering Gallery in Grand Central Terminal: Stand in diagonal corners of the Grand Central Terminal’s Grand Central Oyster Bar and whisper sweet nothings – the acoustics will amaze you.
- Stroll through DUMBO: Explore the charming neighborhood of DUMBO in Brooklyn, known for its cobblestone streets and iconic views of Manhattan Bridge.
- Ice Skating: In the winter, ice skate at Rockefeller Center or in Central Park for a magical experience.
- Helicopter Tour: Consider a helicopter tour for a unique perspective on the city’s skyline.
- High Line Park: Take a romantic walk along the High Line Park, a unique elevated green space converted from an old railway line.
- Wine Tasting: Visit wineries or wine bars for a relaxing evening of wine tasting.
- Spa Day: Treat yourselves to a spa day or couples’ massage at a luxury spa in the city.
- Sunset at The Cloisters: Visit The Cloisters, a museum in Fort Tryon Park with medieval European art and beautiful gardens, for a peaceful and romantic atmosphere.
Customize your NYC honeymoon by choosing activities that resonate with your interests and desires as a couple. NYC offers something for every type of honeymooner, whether you seek adventure, culture, or relaxation.
Weather in New York City
The weather in New York City varies by season. Here’s an overview of the typical weather conditions in New York City throughout the year:
- Spring (March to May): Spring in New York City is mild and gradually warms up. Daytime temperatures range from the 50s to 70s °F (10-24°C). It’s a pleasant time to visit as the city’s parks and gardens come to life with blooming flowers.
- Summer (June to August): Summers in NYC can be hot and humid, with daytime temperatures often reaching the 80s and 90s °F (27-37°C). Be prepared for occasional heatwaves. Summer is a popular time for tourists, so the city can be crowded.
- Fall (September to November): Fall brings cooler and more comfortable temperatures. Daytime highs range from the 60s to 70s °F (15-26°C). The city’s parks display beautiful fall foliage.
- Winter (December to February): Winters in New York City are cold. Daytime temperatures range from the 30s to 40s °F (1-9°C). Snow is possible, and the city’s holiday decorations make it a popular destination in December.
Keep in mind that these are general seasonal trends, and the weather can vary from year to year. New York City experiences all four seasons distinctly, offering a range of activities and attractions throughout the year. Be sure to check the weather forecast closer to your visit for more precise information.
Is New York City Safe for a Honeymoon?
New York City is generally safe for a honeymoon, but like any major urban area, it’s essential to be aware of your surroundings and take common-sense precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable trip. Here are some tips for a safe honeymoon in New York City:
- Stay in Safe Areas: Choose accommodations in well-regarded, safe neighborhoods, especially if you plan to explore the city at night. Areas like Midtown Manhattan, Upper West Side, and parts of Brooklyn are popular choices.
- Use Trusted Transportation: Stick to licensed taxis, rideshare services like Uber and Lyft, or the city’s extensive public transportation system. Avoid unlicensed or unmarked vehicles.
- Beware of Scams: Be cautious of street vendors, ticket sellers, and people offering unsolicited assistance. Scams can occur in high-traffic tourist areas.
- Keep Valuables Secure: Pickpocketing can be an issue, so keep your belongings secure. Use anti-theft bags, money belts, or neck pouches to safeguard passports, wallets, and phones.
- Stay Informed: Be aware of local news and events. Protests, large gatherings, or public events may impact travel plans.
- Emergency Contacts: Have emergency numbers saved on your phone, including 911 for emergencies, and store a copy of your passport and other important documents separately from the originals.
- Explore in Pairs: Whenever possible, explore the city in pairs, especially during late hours.
- Alcohol Consumption: Drink responsibly, and be mindful when consuming alcohol. Always keep an eye on your drinks in bars and clubs.
- Avoid Empty Areas at Night: It’s generally safer to stick to well-lit, populated areas at night and avoid walking alone in desolate or poorly lit locations.
- Respect Local Customs: New Yorkers are generally friendly and helpful, but it’s essential to be polite and respectful of local customs and manners.
While New York City is a safe destination, it’s always wise to be cautious and aware, especially in crowded tourist areas. By taking sensible precautions, you can ensure a safe and enjoyable honeymoon in this vibrant metropolis.
Most Romantic Spots in New York City
New York City is brimming with romantic locations perfect for a honeymoon. Here are some of the most romantic places to consider:
- Central Park: A sprawling oasis in the heart of the city, Central Park offers a serene escape for romantic strolls, picnics, and even boat rides on the lake.
- Brooklyn Bridge: Walk hand in hand across this iconic bridge, with stunning views of the city skyline and the East River.
- Top of the Empire State Building: Visit the Empire State Building’s observation deck, especially at sunset, for breathtaking panoramic views.
- The High Line: This elevated park features beautiful gardens, art installations, and stunning views of the city. It’s perfect for a leisurely walk.
- Bethesda Terrace and Fountain: Located in Central Park, this spot is picturesque and often featured in movies.
- The Cloisters: A medieval art museum set in peaceful gardens, perfect for a more secluded and cultured escape.
- Rooftop Bars: NYC has many rooftop bars offering romantic atmospheres and spectacular views. Examples include 230 Fifth Rooftop Bar and Bar SixtyFive at Rainbow Room.
- Staten Island Ferry: Enjoy a free ferry ride with views of the Statue of Liberty and the Manhattan skyline, particularly beautiful at sunset.
- Shakespeare Garden: Located in Central Park, it’s a hidden gem with beautiful flowers and a sense of seclusion.
- DUMBO: Explore the cobblestone streets and iconic views of Manhattan Bridge in the charming Brooklyn neighborhood of DUMBO.
- Boat Rides: Consider a romantic boat ride around the city or a dinner cruise along the Hudson River.
- Gondola Ride in Central Park: Experience a gondola ride on the Central Park lake, offering a touch of Venice in NYC.
- Rockefeller Center: Whether you’re ice skating in the winter or enjoying the city lights during the holidays, it’s a magical place.
- Bryant Park: Visit during the winter to ice skate or during the summer for outdoor movies and a relaxed atmosphere.
- The Met Rooftop Garden: Combine art and romance at The Metropolitan Museum of Art’s rooftop garden with art installations and scenic views.
- West Village: Wander the charming streets of the West Village, with its historic brownstones, cozy cafes, and boutiques.
These romantic locations offer a range of experiences, from peaceful and cultural to awe-inspiring and vibrant, ensuring a memorable and romantic honeymoon in the city that never sleeps.