Located at the tip of the Baja California peninsula where the Sea of Cortez meets the Pacific Ocean in dramatic scenic splendor, this destination is ideal for honeymooners who enjoy being surrounded by spectacular natural beauty in one of the few places in the world where the desert meets the sea. Two towns, San Jose del Cabo (picturesque and quiet) and Cabo San Lucas (more action-packed with restaurants and nightlife) are linked by an exquisite 18 mile corridor.
World famous deep sea fishing and world class golf with two championship courses designed by Jack Nicklaus and one by Robert Trent Jones make it even more desirable. Los Cabos still has the look of a resort in the making, but all the comforts of home and more are here along with plenty of fresh air.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Los Cabos
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- WEATHER: Average year-round temperature is 75 degrees Fahrenheit
- DISTANCE FROM THE AIRPORT: San Jose del Cabo: 8 miles; Cabo San Lucas: 28 miles.
- CITY CODE: 114
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- DISTANCES are great here, but exploring is wonderful. Taxis are expensive. If you plan to travel between the towns, go deep sea fishing or play golf daily, rent a car. Round trip taxi fare between the two towns: $40.
- BE SURE to get a confirmation number for all car rentals.
- PACK Ashawl or sweater. Desert nights can get cool.
- THE BEACHES are exquisite, but not all are safe for swimming. Check with your hotel on the safest places to swim.
- BOATRIDE: The boatride from the Sea of Cortez to the Pacific Ocean includes sea lions, marine life, and spectacular rock formations.
- SUNSET DRINKS: A sunset drink at D'Giorgio II. Enter from the highway at Las Misiones. Walk to the restaurant at the point. Walk through stepping stones in the pool, pull up a chair and table and prepare for romance plus as you watch the sun go down over 'The Arch', a natural Cabo landmark.
- TODOS SANTOS: Daytrip to the mini sized artist's town of Todos Santos and linger over lunch (closed Tuesdays) for a long time at Cafe Santa Fe. A beautiful drive to a beautiful place.
- PLAYA SANTA MARIA: This has to be one of the world's most beautiful moonshaped bays. Take a picnic and your own shade. Enter off the highway just before the Twin Dolphin. Perfect for sunning, swimming and snorkeling. Sunsets are a knockout.