St. Thomas, part of the U.S. Virgin Islands, beckons honeymooners with its tropical allure. This Caribbean paradise boasts powdery white beaches, crystal-clear turquoise waters, and lush green hillsides. Romantic adventures await as couples snorkel in coral reefs, sail along the coast, or explore the historic charm of Charlotte Amalie. Immerse in the island’s culture, savoring local cuisine and vibrant markets. Luxurious resorts provide intimate settings for couples to unwind, while panoramic views from mountaintops offer breathtaking backdrops. With its blend of natural beauty and Caribbean hospitality, St. Thomas is a dreamy haven for newlyweds seeking sun-soaked serenity.
The 15 Best Honeymoon Resorts in St Thomas
At Home in The Tropics
At Home in The Tropics is a historic bed and breakfast hotel tucked away in the center of St. Thomas that whisks honeymooners back in time to a time of colonial Danish charm. Exuding a sense of history, the property was lovingly restored from a former Danish barracks. All of…
Olga’s Fancy, a boutique hotel in the heart of St. Thomas, invites honeymooners to experience simple yet tasteful accommodations in a charming setting. This intimate retreat offers a delightful escape with a saltwater pool, captivating views of the bustling harbor, and a serene atmosphere that sets the stage for a…
Indulge in the art of romance at Vieques’ Hacienda Tamarindo, a testament to the creative vision of owner Linda Vail, a seasoned interior designer. Each of the 17 uniquely crafted rooms is a masterpiece, boasting an eclectic mix of art, antiques, and collectibles, creating an enchanting ambiance that sets the…
Villa Marbella USVI
Nestled between Red Hook and Charlotte Amalie, Villa Marbella USVI is a sanctuary of luxury and tranquility, inviting couples to embark on an unforgettable honeymoon. With a commitment to providing the ultimate “island dream” experience, this luxurious home for rent sets the stage for romance, relaxation, and panoramic views. Spacious…
Scrub Island Resort
Escape to a world of unparalleled luxury at Scrub Island Resort, Spa & Marina, a haven nestled in the breathtaking landscapes of the British Virgin Islands. This five-star resort offers honeymooners an exquisite blend of tranquility, adventure, and indulgence. From the moment you arrive, you’re enveloped in a tropical oasis…
Blue Horizon Boutique Resort
Nestled on the southern coastal road of Vieques Island, the Blue Horizon Boutique Resort is a haven for honeymooners seeking romance and tranquility. Set against the backdrop of the Caribbean Sea, the resort boasts captivating views of an 800-meter oceanfront coastline. The centerpiece, a Mediterranean-style house, invites guests to gaze…
Secret Harbour Beach Resort
Secret Harbour Beach Resort emerges as a hidden gem for couples and families seeking a tranquil haven on the shores of St. Thomas. The resort boasts a unique blend of boutique condominium-style accommodations, two tantalizing restaurants, and a plethora of water-centric activities—all set against the backdrop of one of the…
Nestled in the enchanting East End of St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, Two Sandals beckons travelers with the promise of an idyllic escape. This welcoming haven, perfect for families, romantic getaways, or short-term rentals, embraces the essence of Caribbean charm. Boasting proximity to the American Yacht Harbor in Red Hook,…
After more than a year of extensive renovations, Bluebeard’s Resort, nestled on a secluded hillside overlooking Charlotte Amalie and the bustling harbor, emerges as an inviting haven. In the center of the United States is this island paradise. Virgin Islands reinvents the meaning of hospitality in the Caribbean. With a…
Point Pleasant Resort
Villa-style suites with private balconies and stunning views, a favorite honeymoon resort. 15 lush acres with two beaches, three pools, free tennis. Two award-winning restaurants, complimentary snorkeling and kayaks. Each air-conditioned suite has living/dining areas, kitchen, phones, TVs, accommodating 2-6 guests.
The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas
For honeymooners seeking the pinnacle of luxury and romance in the US Virgin Islands, The Ritz-Carlton, St. Thomas, stands as a beacon of opulence and elegance. Following a remarkable $100 million renovation, this iconic resort has emerged as a masterpiece of refinement and sophistication, inviting couples to embark on an…
The Mafolie Hotel
Tucked away atop a verdant hill, Charlotte Amalie’s Mafolie Hotel is a quaint hideaway that offers tired tourists a break unlike any other. The Mafolie Hotel is well-known for its family-friendly atmosphere and handy location near the top sights and restaurants in the city, making it the perfect retreat for…
Bolongo Bay Beach Resort
With two honeymoon packages to choose from and a gorgeous setting on a 1,000′ palm lined beach, Bolongo Bay has everything you need for a romantic, tropical honeymoon. Bolongo is small, just 65 rooms, but offers all the amenities you’d find at a much larger resort – a full service Water Sports Center, Cardio Workout Room, and the…
The Westin Beach Resort & Spa
For honeymooners seeking a dreamy escape to the US Virgin Islands, The Westin Beach Resort and Spa emerges as a luxurious haven perched high above the azure Caribbean waters. With its stunning ocean views, extensive amenities, and an array of romantic experiences, this resort promises an unforgettable start to your…
Morningstar Buoy Haus Beach Resort At Frenchman’s Reef
Nestled just steps from the powdery sand of the finest beach in St. Thomas, Morningstar Buoy Haus Beach Resort stands as the epitome of an island escape. This idyllic retreat beckons travelers with its vibrant mix of bars and restaurants, luxurious amenities, and exclusive-use offerings, creating an unparalleled tropical haven…
About St Thomas
Average Cost of a One Week St. Thomas Honeymoon
The cost of a one-week honeymoon in St. Thomas can vary based on factors such as travel dates, accommodation preferences, and individual spending habits. Here’s a general breakdown:
Round-trip airfare to St. Thomas will depend on your departure location, time of booking, and the season. Prices can range from $500 to $1,500 per person.
St. Thomas offers a range of accommodation options, from luxury resorts to boutique hotels. Prices per night can vary widely. On average, you might spend between $200 to $500 per night.
Daily expenses include meals, transportation, activities, and miscellaneous costs. Budgeting around $150 to $300 per day per person is a reasonable estimate.
Average Total Cost
- Airfare (per person): $500 – $1,500
- Accommodations (for 7 nights): $1,400 – $3,500
- Daily Expenses (per person): $1,050 – $2,100
Total Estimated Range: $2,950 – $7,100 per person for a one-week honeymoon in St. Thomas.
These are rough estimates, and actual costs may vary. Consider the time of year, specific accommodations, and planned activities when budgeting. Additionally, factor in expenses for excursions, meals at upscale restaurants, and any special experiences you want to include in your honeymoon. Researching and booking in advance can help you secure better deals and manage your budget effectively.
Best Time to Visit St. Thomas
The best time to visit St. Thomas for a honeymoon is typically during the dry season, which runs from late November to mid-December and mid-January to mid-April. This period offers ideal weather conditions for a romantic getaway:
- Dry Season (Late November to mid-December and mid-January to mid-April):
- Weather: This is the peak tourist season with minimal rainfall, clear skies, and comfortable temperatures. Daytime temperatures range from 75°F to 85°F (24°C to 29°C).
- Activities: Perfect for beach activities, water sports, and exploring the island. The sea is calm and great for snorkeling and sailing.
- Shoulder Seasons (Mid-April to early June and September to early November):
- Weather: These are transitional periods with slightly higher chances of rainfall, but still pleasant temperatures. Daytime temperatures range from 80°F to 90°F (27°C to 32°C).
- Activities: While there may be brief showers, the island is less crowded, and you can enjoy lower accommodation prices.
- Hurricane Season (June to November):
- Weather: The official hurricane season is from June to November. While the likelihood of a direct hit is relatively low, there’s a risk of storms and increased rainfall.
- Considerations: Be aware of hurricane season precautions, and keep an eye on weather forecasts. Some activities and services may be affected.
Choose your travel dates based on your preferences for weather, crowd levels, and budget considerations. The dry season offers the most reliable weather conditions, making it popular for honeymooners seeking a sun-filled and romantic experience in St. Thomas.
About Honeymooning in St. Thomas
St. Thomas, a U.S. Virgin Island in the Caribbean, is a popular destination for honeymooners due to its stunning beaches, vibrant culture, and diverse cuisine. Here’s a breakdown of what you should know about honeymooning in St. Thomas:
- Diverse Heritage: St. Thomas has a rich cultural heritage influenced by African, Danish, and Caribbean traditions. You’ll find a mix of customs, music, and art reflecting this diversity.
- Friendly Locals: The locals are known for their warm hospitality. Don’t hesitate to engage in conversations and immerse yourself in the local way of life.
- Festivals: Depending on the time of your visit, you might catch one of the lively festivals like Carnival, which features colorful parades, music, and dance.
- U.S. Dollar: The official currency in St. Thomas is the U.S. Dollar. You won’t need to exchange money if you’re coming from the United States.
- Credit Cards: Credit cards are widely accepted, but it’s advisable to carry some cash for small vendors and local markets.
- Seafood Paradise: Being an island, St. Thomas offers a fantastic array of fresh seafood. Conch fritters, grilled fish, and lobster are popular choices.
- Local Specialties: Try local dishes like “fungi” (a cornmeal-based side dish), Johnny cakes, and “pate” (a fried pastry filled with spiced meat or fish).
- Rum Culture: The Caribbean is known for its rum, and St. Thomas is no exception. Sample local rum cocktails and enjoy the vibrant nightlife.
- Dining Options: From beachside shacks to upscale restaurants, St. Thomas caters to various tastes. Charlotte Amalie, the capital, offers a mix of local and international cuisine.
- Transportation: Renting a car is a good idea to explore the island at your own pace. Taxis and public transportation are also available.
- Island Hopping: Consider exploring nearby islands like St. John and St. Croix for a more comprehensive experience.
- Water Activities: St. Thomas is renowned for its crystal-clear waters. Enjoy snorkeling, diving, or a romantic sunset cruise.
- Weather: The climate is tropical, so pack accordingly. Check the weather forecast and plan outdoor activities accordingly.
- Language: English is the official language, making communication easy for English speakers.
Remember to check travel advisories and entry requirements, especially considering any changes due to the global situation. Enjoy your honeymoon in St. Thomas!
Best Activities for a St. Thomas Honeymoon
St. Thomas offers a range of romantic and adventurous activities for honeymooners. Here are some of the best activities to make your St. Thomas honeymoon memorable:
- Beach Days:
- Spend lazy days on the island’s beautiful beaches. Magens Bay, Lindquist Beach, and Sapphire Beach are popular choices.
- Snorkeling and Scuba Diving:
- Explore vibrant coral reefs and marine life by snorkeling or scuba diving. Take a boat tour to prime snorkeling spots like Buck Island or Coki Point.
- Day Trip to St. John:
- Hop on a ferry and spend a day exploring the neighboring island of St. John. Visit Trunk Bay and hike the trails of Virgin Islands National Park.
- Sailing and Yacht Charters:
- Charter a private yacht or join a sailing excursion. Sail along the coast, enjoy a sunset cruise, or visit nearby cays and islets.
- Historical Tours:
- Discover the island’s history with visits to historical sites. Explore Blackbeard’s Castle, Fort Christian, and the 99 Steps in Charlotte Amalie.
- Island Hopping:
- Take advantage of St. Thomas’s proximity to other islands. Plan day trips to the British Virgin Islands or St. Croix for diverse experiences.
- Romantic Sunset Cruises:
- Book a romantic sunset cruise. Enjoy breathtaking views of the sun setting over the Caribbean Sea with your loved one.
- Hiking Trails:
- Embark on scenic hikes. Trails like the Lind Point Trail in St. John or the Hassel Island Historic Trail offer panoramic views.
- Coral World Ocean Park:
- Visit Coral World Ocean Park for an interactive marine experience. Walk through underwater tunnels and encounter sea creatures.
- Zipline Adventures:
- Experience an adrenaline rush with ziplining adventures. Enjoy panoramic views as you soar through the treetops.
- Day Spa Relaxation:
- Indulge in a day of pampering at one of the island’s luxury spas. Couples’ massages and wellness treatments offer relaxation.
- Shopping in Charlotte Amalie:
- Explore the duty-free shops in Charlotte Amalie. Purchase jewelry, souvenirs, and local crafts.
- Rum Tasting:
- Immerse in the Caribbean’s rum culture. Take a tour of a local distillery and sample various rum varieties.
- Culinary Experiences:
- Enjoy romantic dinners at beachfront restaurants. Try local Caribbean cuisine and seafood specialties.
- Helicopter Tours:
- Get a unique perspective of the islands with a helicopter tour. See the stunning landscapes from above.
- Kayaking in Mangrove Lagoons:
- Kayak through mangrove lagoons. Explore the diverse ecosystem and enjoy the tranquility of nature.
- Horseback Riding on the Beach:
- Take a romantic horseback ride along the shoreline. Several operators offer horseback riding excursions with stunning views.
These activities cater to different preferences, ensuring that your St. Thomas honeymoon is filled with adventure, relaxation, and unforgettable moments.
Weather in St. Thomas
St. Thomas, being in the Caribbean, generally experiences a tropical climate with warm temperatures throughout the year. The weather is characterized by a wet season and a dry season. Here’s a general overview:
- Dry Season:
- This period is considered the peak tourist season.
- Average temperatures range from 77°F to 88°F (25°C to 31°C).
- Rainfall is minimal, and humidity levels are relatively lower.
- Wet Season:
- This season is also known as the hurricane season, although the likelihood of hurricanes directly impacting the region can vary.
- Average temperatures range from 79°F to 90°F (26°C to 32°C).
- Higher humidity levels and increased chances of rainfall, with the possibility of short, heavy showers.
Keep in mind that these are general trends, and weather conditions can vary. It’s always a good idea to check the local weather forecast closer to your travel dates for more accurate information. Additionally, St. Thomas is a popular destination for its beautiful beaches and outdoor activities, so consider the weather patterns when planning your activities during your stay.
Is St. Thomas Safe for a Honeymoon?
As with any travel destination, safety in St. Thomas is an important consideration. Overall, St. Thomas is a popular and generally safe destination for tourists, including honeymooners. However, like any place, it’s wise to be aware of your surroundings and take some precautions. Here are some tips:
- Tourist Areas: Popular tourist areas, resorts, and beaches in St. Thomas are generally safe. Exercise standard precautions, such as safeguarding your belongings and being aware of your surroundings.
- Nightlife: If you plan to enjoy the nightlife, stay in well-lit and busy areas. Avoid poorly lit or deserted places at night.
- Transportation: Use reputable transportation services, and if renting a car, be cautious of road conditions. Keep valuables out of sight in your vehicle.
- Water Safety: When engaging in water activities, follow safety guidelines, and be cautious of strong currents. Only use licensed and reputable operators for water excursions.
- Health Precautions: Stay hydrated, use sunscreen, and take precautions against mosquito bites. It’s advisable to have travel insurance that covers medical emergencies.
- Weather Awareness: If you are traveling during the hurricane season (June to November), stay informed about weather updates and follow any advisories.
- Local Customs: Respect local customs and cultural norms. The people of St. Thomas are generally friendly, and a courteous attitude goes a long way.
- Emergency Contacts: Know the local emergency contact numbers and the location of the nearest embassy or consulate.
While St. Thomas is a popular tourist destination, it’s always a good idea to stay informed about the local situation and exercise common sense. Check travel advisories from reliable sources and plan your activities accordingly. Overall, with proper precautions, many visitors enjoy a safe and memorable experience in St. Thomas.
Most Romantic Spot in St. Thomas
St. Thomas offers a variety of romantic locations for honeymooners to create unforgettable memories. Here are some of the most romantic spots on the island:
- Magens Bay: Magens Bay is a picturesque and popular beach known for its soft white sand and clear turquoise waters. It’s an ideal spot for a romantic beach day, offering opportunities for swimming, sunbathing, and even beach picnics.
- Trunk Bay: While technically part of the nearby island of St. John, Trunk Bay is accessible by ferry and is renowned for its pristine beauty. The crystal-clear waters and coral reefs make it a perfect destination for snorkeling and enjoying the natural surroundings.
- Frenchman’s Reef & Morning Star Marriott Beach Resort: This luxury resort offers stunning views of the Caribbean Sea and Charlotte Amalie Harbor. Enjoy a romantic dinner at one of the on-site restaurants or relax in a private cabana by the pool.
- Drake’s Seat: For breathtaking panoramic views, visit Drake’s Seat, an elevated vantage point overlooking Magens Bay and neighboring islands. It’s a popular spot for watching the sunset, creating a romantic and memorable experience.
- Coral World Ocean Park: Explore the marine life together at Coral World Ocean Park. You can take a guided underwater observatory tour or even go swimming with sea lions for a unique and romantic experience.
- Blackbeard’s Castle: Explore the historic and romantic setting of Blackbeard’s Castle in Charlotte Amalie. The site offers beautiful views of the town and the harbor, and you can stroll through the lush gardens.
- Romantic Dinners: Many restaurants on the island offer romantic settings, often with ocean views. Consider dining at places like Old Stone Farmhouse, Oceana, or Agave Restaurant for a special evening.
- Private Yacht Charter: For a truly intimate experience, consider chartering a private yacht for a day or sunset cruise. Enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean Sea while sipping champagne and indulging in a private dinner.
Remember to plan activities based on your interests as a couple, whether it’s relaxation on the beach, exploring nature, or enjoying fine dining. St. Thomas provides a variety of romantic settings to suit different preferences and create lasting memories for your honeymoon.