Plan a romantic getaway to New Hampshire and live free. From the White Mountains to the Lakes Region to the ocean beaches, New Hampshire is loved for its outdoor activities, mountains, beaches, and fun attractions. Discover some of our favorite spots like North Conway, Lake Winnipesaukee, and Hampton Beach. As a state that experiences all four seasons, New Hampshire is a honeymoon spot for all tastes.
Naturally gifted with jagged mountains, lush rivers, dense forests, crystal lakes, ocean beaches, and offshore islands, the moment you arrive in New Hampshire, you’ll slip into honeymoon mode. When trying to plan your day – the possibilities are endless. Climb a mountain or head to a lake for some scuba diving. Celebrate Christmas in July by feeding Santa’s reindeer in July or hit the indoor surf in January. Enjoy a ride on a chairlift in the fall to enjoy the splendid foliage, and again in winter to hit the slopes. Try to catch a glimpse of moose in the woods or hunt for deals at the outlets. Stalk moose in the Great North Woods, or hunt for bargains at outlet stores. Whatever the case, your days can be as busy or relaxed as you please.
Wondering where to stay? You will be enchanted by the available possibilities in the state. Even large hotels seem to take on the character of the land. From primitive campsites to posh urban inns, historic hotels to family resorts, romantic bed and breakfasts to log cabins – the accommodation list is as diverse as the land. However, these properties all have one thing in common: they will make you feel at home, leaving you comfortable and happy!
After a day of adventures or just lazing by the lake, you have worked up an appetite. And let us remind you, food always tastes better in the mountains, near the ocean, after wandering quaint towns or after spending a day in the fresh air. In New Hampshire, enjoy food straight from the farm, local wines and craft beets. Unforgettable tastes await you in New Hampshire: fresh-caught lobster, hand picked fruits, syrup distilled from local sugar maples, small-batch beers, and frosty treats from the farms.
New Hampshire is also a perfect minimoon or weekend getaway destination. New Hampshire’s seashore, mountains, lakes, and cities offer a world of options for you to experience in 24 or 36 hours. And each season unlocks new adventures. And with one in 10 New Hampshire properties listed as second homes, many people are picking New Hampshire as their weekend getaway destination. The convenient location makes it ideal – just over an hour’s drive from Boston, and Interstate highways and even the convenient Manchester–Boston Regional Airport make New Hampshire an easy quick-getaway destination from anywhere in the U.S.
Looking to add some romance into your honeymoon escape. New Hampshire has all the ingredients for a magical getaway. From candlelit dinners to couple massages at a spa, savoring handmade chocolates to unwinding at a vineyard – your hearts will flutter together.
Saying “I Do” in the granite state offers a picturesque wedding. Renowned for its tradition of warm hospitality, the beautiful state of New Hampshire is home to unique venues, breathtaking landscapes and wedding professionals whose goal is simply to make your day picture perfect. From romantic gardens to ocean views, classic country inns to historic villages, elegant grand resorts to mountain views – the options are endless.
With marvelous mountains, scenic valleys and breathtaking lakes, New Hampshire embraces the outdoors, from kayaking hidden coves to trekking the peaks. Each season yields a bounty of adventures: snowshoeing in winter, drives through autumn’s blazing colors, and swimming in the crisp mountain streams in summer. Start your happily ever after off in New Hampshire.
About New Hampshire
At a Glance
- COVERED BRIDGES: Masterpieces of 19th-century engineering, covered bridges were romantic – strategically concealed many a kiss in the days of horse-and-buggy courtships. With only about 750 in the U.S., New Hampshire is fortunate to claim 54 of the survivors. Plan a scenic driving tour to steal some kisses under some of these bridges.
- CHEERS TO CRAFT BEER: Though the state may be home to some of Budweiser’s world-famous Clydesdales, craft brewing has exploded in New Hampshire. Take a day to roam and find fresh beer.
- WINTER GETAWAYS: Spend a weekend at one of the grand hotels up north, where you can spend the day on skis, and the evening unwinding in a muscle-melting spa treatment.
- LEAF PEEPERS: New England is known for fall foliage because where trees tend to don their autumn costumes in unison. And New Hampshire does more than its share as fall’s vibrant colors emerge along every mountain ridge, roadside, lakeshore, and riverbank in New Hampshire, the state becomes a leaf-peeper’s paradise.
- I SCREAM, YOU SCREAM, WE ALL SCREAM FOR ICE CREAM: With 47 dairy farms and ice-cream stands, cool off and spend a day tasting the ice cream of New Hampshire.
- WINTER STROLLS: The Seacoast city of Portsmouth is picture-perfect in the winter – with postcard-type settings. Walk the snowy streets and experience the joys of Christmas past while shopping for the present!
- EXTRA MAPLE SYRUP: Spring in New Hampshire is stunning and sweet as sap begins to flow in the maple trees, and maple-sugaring season gets underway. Maple producers make syrup and other maple delights and come mid-March the state celebrates Maple Month with more than 60 sugarhouses opening their doors to show visitors the maple-sugaring process in full swing.
- SUMMER IN NEW HAMPSHIRE: Summer in New Hampshire is lively and leisurely, offering something for everyone. Swimming, boogie boarding, whale watching, hiking, mountain biking, moose spotting, and summer tubing. Or spend the afternoon rocking on the porch taking in the view, take a leisurely sky ride on the Aerial Tramway at Cannon Mountain or grab that good book and spread out your towel on the warm beach.
- WEATHER: New Hampshire experiences the four seasons – winter, spring, summer and fall. Summers are warm and humid, perfect for days at the lake. Winters can be cold, which means endless snow adventures. Fall in New Hampshire is not to miss with the foliage setting the sky on fire.
- WHEN TO GO: With attractions and activities unique to each season, New Hampshire offers an escape all year long.
- CELL PHONES: You can expect good mobile phone coverage throughout the southern and coastal regions, but spotty reception in the far north and mountainous areas inside the White Mountains.
- NO SALES TAX: With no sales tax implemented throughout the state, make sure to pick up an extra souvenir or two.
- GETTING THERE: Interstate highways, well-maintained roads, convenient airports, and bus and train facilities provide travelers with a variety of ways to get to and navigate around New Hampshire.