Romance is in the air, and you can make a different beach your own every day of your Antigua honeymoon. The shoreline is dotted with 365 safe harbors, and stretches of white sand bordered by turquoise waters. It is a world class center for yachting and offers honeymooners from throughout the world great packages and deals.
The island has won the American Express award for being one of the world's top five wedding Destinations. During June, "Romance Month," couples are offered special wedding and honeymoon packages. There's plenty of British history and flavor and endless discoveries to be made. Make them yours!
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Antigua
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- AREA CODE: 268
- GETTING THERE: Major airlines fly into V.C. Bird International Airport. Direct flights take about 4.5 hours from NYC, 10 hours from LA and 8.25 hours from Chicago.
- GETTING AROUND: Taxis are a popular option but are unmetered, so you negotiate your fare before leaving. Your hotel can help you determine a good price for your destination. Rental cars are the best way to move around independently, but honeymooning couples should also consider a two-seater moped...you can zip around, have a blast and save on gas all at once. And remember, in Antigua you drive on the left!
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- SAVE ON TAXES: Save $20 US per person to pay your Departure Tax at the airport.
- WEDDING RULES: To find out about wedding regulations call: 1-(888)268 4227.
- RESERVE EARLY: Reserve Early if you plan to honeymoon in early Spring. Yachtsmen from around the world congregate here for Antigua's Sailing Week (www.sailingweek.com) and Classic Yacht Regatta ([email protected])
- PRE-RESERVE CAR RENTALS: If you want to explore, reserve a car in advance to avoid hiccups when you arrive. Driving is on the left. Watch for wandering animals and speed bumps at night.
- BARBUDA: Antigua’s little sister island is only a 10 minute flight or a short catamaran ride away. Take a day trip to explore, visit the Frigate Bird Sanctuary and spend some time alone on the pristine beaches.
- SAIL AWAY: Take a day to sail in this world-class sailing capital. You’ll find a number of ways to do it.
- STING RAY CITY: This is where you can pet and feed friendly giant stingrays in their natural habitat.
- FLY LIKE BIRDS: Daring couples can take a CANOPY ZIP TOUR over the top of the lush rain forest.
- SHOPPING AT REDCLIFFE QUAY: This is the place to see beautifully restored buildings and courtyards and find some bargains too. Stop for a cool drink at a wine bar or a slice at an outdoor café.
- NELSON’S DOCKYARD NATIONAL PARK. Visit this park to study the life of ancient seamen and trace the history of the island at the Museum. Check out the yachts from around the world in the beautiful harbor.