Romance is in the air, and you can make a different beach your own every day of the year in Antigua. The shoreline is dotted with 365 safe harbors, and stretches of white sand bordered by turquoise waters. It is a world class center for yachting and offers honeymooners from throughout the world a romantic haven to begin their new lives together.
The island has won the American Express award for being one of the world's top five wedding Destinations. During June, "Romance Month," couples are offered special wedding and honeymoon packages. There's plenty of British history and flavor and endless discoveries to be made. Make them yours!
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Antigua
Tips and advices
Tips and advices+
- AREA CODE: 268
- GETTING THERE: Major airlines fly into V.C. Bird International Airport. Direct flights take about 4.5 hours from NYC, 10 hours from LA and 8.25 hours from Chicago.
- GETTING AROUND: Taxis are a popular option but are unmetered, so you negotiate your fare before leaving. Your hotel can help you determine a good price for your destination. Rental cars are the best way to move around independently, but honeymooning couples should also consider a two-seater moped...you can zip around, have a blast and save on gas all at once. And remember, in Antigua you drive on the left!
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- Save $20 US per person to pay your Departure Tax at the airport.
- To find out about wedding regulations call: 1-(888)268 4227.
- For more information, contact: www.SearchAntigua.com.
- Reserve Early if you plan to honeymoon in early Spring. Yachtsmen from around the world congregate here for Antigua's Sailing Week (www.sailingweek.com) and Classic Yacht Regatta ([email protected])
- If you want to explore, reserve a car in advance to avoid hiccups when you arrive. Driving is on the left. Watch for wandering animals and speed bumps at night.
BARBUDA, Antigua’s little sister island. It is only a 10 minute flight or a short catamaran ride away. Take a day trip to explore, visit the Frigate Bird Sanctuary and spend some time alone on the pristine beaches.SAIL AWAY for a day in this world class sailing capital. You’ll find a number of ways to do it.Visit STING RAY CITY. Here, you can pet and feed friendly giant stingrays in their natural habitat. *Daring couples can take a CANOPY ZIP TOUR over the top of the lush rain forest.SHOPPING at REDCLIFFE QUAY to see beautifully restored buildings and courtyards and find some bargains too. Stop for a cool drink at a wine bar or a slice at an outdoor café.Visit NELSON’S DOCKYARD NATIONAL PARK. You can study the life of ancient seamen and trace the history of the island at the Museum. Check out the yachts from around the world in the beautiful harbor.