Bright lights and wild energy...welcome to the Big City. Take a romantic carriage ride with your loved one in Central Park, go grab breakfast at Tiffany's and then whisk yourselves to the top of the Empire State Building for spectacular city views. Check out classics like Times Square or iconic attractions like the Statue of Liberty and Wall Street bull...The City That Never Sleeps has so much to do, you'll want to stay awake 24 hours to see it all. Enjoy world-class, household name museums like the Metropolitan Museum of Art and Museum of Natural History. Dine at the world's finest, most romantic restaurants. Tour Manhattan. Take a real NYC cab. Haggle with street vendors. Or just relax the day away at any of this huge city's gorgeous parks.
Each of the five boroughs provides a new feast for the five senses, all with their own incredible list of attractions. The Bronx Zoo, Brooklyn Bridge, Statue of Liberty...supreme romance and nonstop fun are the only guarantees in this vibrant land where newlywed bliss combines with famous, cosmopolitan energy to make you feel like you're starring in your own honeymoon movie.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of New York City
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- TIME ZONE: NYC uses Eastern Standard Time (EST.)
- AIRPORT CODES: Kennedy International Airport is JFK, and nearby LaGuardia Airport's code is LGA.
- CURRENCY: NYC uses the US dollar. There are currency exchange houses scattered around Manhattan where you can change your money.
- GETTING AROUND: The subway system is excellent and can be supplemented with buses, cabs, ferries and walking. Look up the best way to get around according to your itinerary and no matter where you are, there's always a good way to get yourself to the next item on your schedule. And of course, although a bit expensive, classic yellow NYC cabs are everywhere and always an option.
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- TIPPING: Here are some rules of thumb for tipping in NYC: Porters and bellhops generally expect $1–$2 per bag. Housekeeping staff, $1–$4 per day. Waitstaff, bartenders and hairdressers should get 15–20% of the total bill, taxi drivers 15-20% of the fare and hairdressers 15-20%. Tips for other workers such as theater ushers, tour guides and coat checkers are always appreciated.
- THE EMPIRE STATE BUILDING. Ride up 1,050 feet in an elevator to the tippy-top of this iconic piece of the NYC skyline and get a 360-degree view of the entire city. It's a thrilling way to celebrate romance from Manhattan's second-tallest structure.
- TIMES SQUARE. The lights, the sounds, the action! If NYC is the "greatest city in the world," Times Square is its bright, beating heart. Catch a broadway show, take pictures with faux-celebrities at the wax museum or enjoy a meal while watching some of New York's most famous street performers. Times Square alone has enough to keep you busy your whole trip!
- CENTRAL PARK. Whether it's outdoor theater, the zoo, a romantic carriage ride, ice skating or just a "walk in the park," NYC's enormous flasgship park has something for every couple and every season. What better place to flirt and love than the calm waters, rolling fields and manicured trails tucked smack-dab in the center of Manhattan?
- MUSEUMS. New York is known for a lot of things, including some of the world's best museums. Whether it's art, history, or sex, New York has an incredible museum you and your better half owe it to yourselves to check out!
- LADY LIBERTY. The iconic Statue of Liberty was a shining light for 12 million immigrants seeking new lives in America, and your pass to and around Lady Liberty also gets you into the Ellis Island Immigration Museum, where you can see what it was like in the United States' first port of entry for generations of new Americans.
- FLUSHING MEADOES-CORONA PARK. Though you may recognize it from the Will Smith blockbuster Men in Black, this was once the location of the UN General Assembly and is now the location for the US Open. Make a day in Queens and go to this destination for the museums, a delightful little petting zoo and theatres that are not to be missed.
- CITY TOURS. Hop on a double-decker tour bus and see the city according to a local expert guide, who will show you everything you want to see from a raised, four-wheeled vantage point. Feeling adventurous? Take a boat or helicopter tour instead!
- THE BRONX ZOO. With over 5,000 animals housed over 265 acres, the Bronx Zoo is the largest urban wildlife preserve in the United States. Special exhibits, tram rides, adorable newborns and more make the Bronx Zoo a must-visit stop on your New York romance tour.