Snorkel or dive in the sparkling blue waters of the United States’ only living coral barrier reef. Meet and greet wildlife from dolphins to marsh rabbits on a breathtaking eco-tour by land or sea. On your Florida Keys honeymoon your tropical love story begins. But there’s no big, bad wolves or wicked witches in this fairy tale (that is, as long as your in-laws aren’t coming along). Just white-sand beaches, fresh seafood over romantic ocean views, craft cocktails at sunset, or paddle boarding lazily over clear blue waters.
From elegant date nights and warm-weather relaxation to thrills fit for daredevil, the Florida Keys is a paradise that U.S. couples don’t need a passport or a second language to enjoy.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of the Florida Keys
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- WHREN TO GO: Late December through May is the tourist season, with milder weather than during the thick of summer. June through November are hurricane season which are less popular for obvious reasons, but will get you smaller crowds and lower prices.
- GETTING IN: Fly into one of Florida’s major airports, then rent a car and drive along U.S. 1 to reach the Florida Keys Scenic Highway. From there, one of 42 bridges will lead to the key that becomes your island honeymoon paradise.
- LGBT-FRIENDLY: LGBT couples will feel right at home in the Florida Keys, where everyone is welcome no matter what your color, creed, or persuasion.
- EVENTS & FESTIVALS: With several major events hosted in the Keys each year, make sure you know if anything big is going on during your visit. If you weren’t already planning on making the event part of the fun, you may be discouraged by the influx in crowds and increased prices.
- BOAT CHARTERS: Take your love to the water with boat charters for wildlife spotting, fishing, or just two glasses of wine over the tranquil Florida Bay.
- SEE THE REEF: John Pennecamp Coral Reef State Park is a haven for snorkeling, diving, and kayaking the Florida Keys’ famous warm-water reefs.
- DUVAL STREET FUN: Key West’s Duval Street area is perfect for a spa and shopping day, a steakhouse date night, or a cocktail al fresco.
- BEACH BUM HONEYMOON: The Keys provide endless beach-going opportunities, so kick back and don’t forget the sunscreen!