Key Largo, the first and largest of the Florida Keys, invites honeymooners to a tropical haven where azure waters meet lush landscapes. Renowned for its coral reefs and marine life, this paradise offers intimate seclusion. Couples can explore the underwater wonders of John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park through snorkeling or glass-bottom boat tours. Sunset cruises along Florida Bay provide a romantic backdrop, while waterfront dining options offer delectable seafood. With serene beaches, vibrant sunsets, and a laid-back atmosphere, Key Largo promises newlyweds an idyllic escape, where love blossoms amidst the natural beauty of the Florida Keys.
The 11 Best Honeymoon Resorts in Key Largo
The Caribbean Resort
Discover a haven of romance and relaxation at The Caribbean Resort in Islamorada, Florida – an idyllic destination that seamlessly combines panoramic ocean views, Caribbean-style charm, and a world-renowned fishing and diving experience. Nestled in the heart of the Florida Keys, this resort has become a beloved retreat for those…
Nestled like a sparkling jewel in the heart of Key Largo, Largo Resort welcomes honeymooners to a paradisiacal haven where tropical wonders unfold at every turn. This private resort immerses you in a world of lush greenery, abundant wildlife, and breathtaking Gulf of Mexico vistas, creating an enchanting backdrop for…
Trump National Doral Miami
Nestled within the vibrant heart of Miami, Trump National Doral stands as a prestigious 800-acre resort, offering honeymooners an opulent escape immersed in luxury and grandeur. With complete reimagining, this iconic resort has risen to new heights, presenting Deluxe and Suite accommodations, redefined event spaces, and an array of new…
Setai Hotel Miami
Nestled ocean-side in the heart of Miami’s coveted South Beach, The Setai, Miami Beach is a sanctuary of sophistication and tranquility. An award-winning haven, this hotel stands as a testament to unparalleled hospitality, making it the perfect choice for the discerning international traveler seeking an extraordinary honeymoon experience. Asian-Inspired Elegance:…
Atlantic Bay Resort
Nestled in Tavernier, the most enchanting part of Key Largo and renowned as the diving capital of the world, Atlantic Bay Resort welcomes honeymooners to a secluded paradise. Conveniently positioned 1-1/2 hours south of Miami and 2 hours north of Key West, this little jewel offers an intimate retreat surrounded…
Uma House by Yurbban
Embark on a romantic escape at Uma House by Yurbban South Beach, an idyllic haven located just a one-minute stroll away from the pristine beach. This boutique gem in Miami Beach beckons honeymooners with its allure of sun-kissed shores and a tranquil ambiance, providing the perfect backdrop for a blissful…
The Marlin Hotel
Discover the epitome of luxurious beach getaways at The Marlin Hotel, an enchanting blend of history, architecture, and modern opulence. Nestled in the heart of South Beach, this sophisticated oasis is a haven for honeymooners seeking a cozy and welcoming retreat with unparalleled style. Architectural Gem: Immerse yourself in the…
Reefhouse Resort & Marina
Tucked away on seventeen verdant island acres, Reefhouse Resort & Marina is a destination unto itself, providing honeymooners with a romantic, adventurous, and restful retreat. This resort invites you to enjoy the Florida Keys in a way never seen before with its private beach, onsite marina, and waterfront position on…
Bayside Inn Key Largo
Discover the epitome of romance at the newly renovated Bayside Inn Key Largo, a charming retreat nestled along a picturesque stretch of the Florida Bay. This intimate inn, located in the heart of Key Largo, beckons honeymooners with its newly refurbished elegance and captivating waterfront views. Stunning Sunsets and Private…
Sun Outdoors Key Largo
Tucked away at mile marker 97.5, Sun Outdoors Key Largo invites couples on a honeymoon to a comfortable sanctuary that skillfully combines the allure of an RV park with the coziness of small-town lodging. This resort offers more than 35 fully equipped RV sites with WiFi and cable TV, perfect…
Anchorage Resort & Yacht Club
Nestled in the heart of Key Largo since 1983, Anchorage Resort & Yacht Club stands as a beacon of tranquility. This timeshare resort, comprising 30 units, offers honeymooners the opportunity to own a piece of paradise. Whether making Key Largo an annual tradition or embarking on a new adventure through…
About Key Largo
Average Cost of a One Week Key Largo Honeymoon
Estimating the cost of a one-week honeymoon in Key Largo involves considering various factors, including travel preferences, time of year, and specific activities planned. Here’s a general breakdown:
Round-trip airfare to Key Largo will depend on your departure location, the time of booking, and the season. On average, expect to spend $300 to $800 per person. Consider flying into Miami International Airport and then driving to Key Largo.
Key Largo offers a range of accommodations, from boutique hotels to beachfront resorts. Prices vary based on the type of accommodation and the time of year. On average, hotel costs can range from $150 to $400 per night.
For a one-week stay, estimated accommodation costs could range from $1,050 to $2,800, depending on your choice of lodging.
Daily expenses cover meals, transportation within Key Largo, entertainment, and any planned activities. Key Largo has various dining options, from casual to upscale. Budget around $50 to $100 per day per person for meals. Transportation costs may include car rentals or local transportation for exploring. Budget around $20 to $50 per day for transportation.
Miscellaneous expenses, such as entrance fees to attractions, water sports, and souvenirs, may add another $20 to $50 per day per person. Budgeting around $90 to $200 per day per person for daily expenses is a reasonable estimate.
Average Total Cost
- Airfare: $600 to $1,600 (for two people)
- Accommodations: $1,050 to $2,800
- Daily Expenses: $1,260 to $2,800 (for two people)
These are general estimates, and the actual costs can vary based on your specific choices, the time of year, and any special activities you plan. Key Largo offers a range of experiences for different budgets, from relaxing on the beach to exploring the vibrant marine life. Consider looking for travel deals, packages, or promotions to help manage costs.
Best Time to Visit Key Largo
The best time to visit Key Largo for your honeymoon depends on your preferences for weather, crowds, and activities. Here are considerations for different seasons:
- Winter (December to February):
- Pros: Mild temperatures, low humidity, and fewer crowds. Ideal for outdoor activities like snorkeling, diving, and exploring nature reserves.
- Cons: Slightly higher accommodation prices during the winter season.
- Spring (March to May):
- Pros: Warm temperatures, blooming flowers, and a comfortable atmosphere. Spring is a popular time for honeymooners, offering pleasant weather for various outdoor activities.
- Cons: Prices may increase during the spring break period.
- Summer (June to August):
- Pros: Higher temperatures, perfect for water activities and beach relaxation. Summer is the off-peak season, meaning potentially lower accommodation rates.
- Cons: Higher humidity and the possibility of afternoon showers. Hurricane season starts in June but typically peaks in September.
- Fall (September to November):
- Pros: Lower accommodation rates, fewer crowds, and still warm temperatures. It’s a quieter time to visit, and the water remains inviting for activities.
- Cons: The later part of this season can bring a higher risk of hurricanes, though the peak season is typically in September.
Considering Key Largo’s tropical climate, it’s advisable to check the weather forecast closer to your travel dates, especially during hurricane season. If you prefer a quieter experience with lower accommodation rates, the fall might be a good option. For a balance between pleasant weather and fewer crowds, spring and winter are popular choices.
Remember to plan activities like snorkeling, diving, and exploring the unique ecosystems of the area, including the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. Checking for any local events or festivals during your visit can also add to the overall experience.
About Honeymooning in Key Largo
Honeymooning in Key Largo offers a mix of tropical charm, marine adventures, and a laid-back atmosphere. Here’s a breakdown of what you should know:
- Island Lifestyle: Key Largo embodies a relaxed island lifestyle. The pace is slower, and the atmosphere is casual, making it an ideal destination for couples seeking tranquility.
- Marine Heritage: The culture is influenced by the area’s rich marine heritage. Water activities, such as snorkeling, diving, and boating, are integral to the Key Largo experience.
- United States Dollar (USD): Key Largo, like the rest of Florida, uses the U.S. dollar as its official currency. Credit cards are widely accepted, and ATMs are readily available.
- Seafood Delights: Being surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico, Key Largo is a paradise for seafood lovers. Enjoy fresh catches like conch, lobster, and various fish prepared in diverse culinary styles.
- Tropical Flavors: Experience tropical flavors in dishes with influences from Caribbean and Latin American cuisines. Key lime pie, a local favorite, is a must-try dessert.
- Waterfront Dining: Many restaurants offer waterfront dining, providing a romantic setting for honeymooners to savor delicious meals while enjoying ocean views.
Key Largo’s cultural richness, culinary delights, and marine-centric activities make it an appealing destination for honeymooners seeking a blend of relaxation and adventure. Embrace the island vibes, indulge in fresh seafood, and immerse yourselves in the natural beauty that defines this tropical paradise.
Best Activities for a Key Largo Honeymoon
A Key Largo honeymoon offers a perfect blend of romantic escapades and outdoor adventures. Here are some of the best activities to make your Key Largo honeymoon memorable:
- Snorkeling and Diving:
- Explore the vibrant underwater world of the Florida Keys by snorkeling or diving. John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park, the first underwater park in the United States, offers stunning coral formations and marine life.
- Sunset Cruise:
- Embark on a romantic sunset cruise to witness the breathtaking hues of the sunset over the Gulf of Mexico or the Atlantic Ocean. Many operators in Key Largo offer private sunset cruises for couples.
- Kayaking in Mangroves:
- Paddle through the calm waters of the mangroves on a kayaking adventure. The peaceful surroundings and unique ecosystems make for a romantic and intimate experience.
- Private Boat Charter:
- Charter a private boat for a personalized experience. Enjoy a day of island hopping, snorkeling, or simply cruising along the turquoise waters.
- Beach Picnic:
- Pack a picnic and spend a relaxing day on one of Key Largo’s pristine beaches. Anne’s Beach and Harry Harris Park are popular choices for a romantic beach day.
- Eco-Tours and Wildlife Encounters:
- Take an eco-tour to explore the diverse ecosystems of the Florida Keys. Encounter wildlife, including dolphins, manatees, and tropical birds, on guided tours through mangroves and estuaries.
- Romantic Dinners on the Waterfront:
- Key Largo boasts a variety of waterfront restaurants. Enjoy romantic dinners with a view of the sunset, fresh seafood, and tropical cocktails.
- Couples Massage and Spa Day:
- Indulge in a couples massage or a spa day at one of Key Largo’s luxurious resorts. Relax and rejuvenate together in a serene tropical setting.
- Glass-Bottom Boat Tour:
- Experience the underwater world without getting wet by taking a glass-bottom boat tour. These tours provide a unique view of the coral reefs and marine life.
- Visit Everglades National Park:
- Take a day trip to Everglades National Park, located nearby. Explore the mangrove forests, spot alligators on an airboat tour, and enjoy the natural beauty of the Everglades.
- Fishing Excursion:
- Key Largo is known for excellent fishing opportunities. Charter a fishing boat and try your luck at catching some of the region’s diverse fish species.
- Explore Islamorada:
- Venture to nearby Islamorada for additional dining options, art galleries, and charming boutiques. The laid-back atmosphere complements the romantic vibe of Key Largo.
With its tropical charm and abundance of outdoor activities, Key Largo provides a romantic backdrop for a honeymoon filled with adventure, relaxation, and unforgettable moments. Customize your itinerary to suit your interests and create lasting memories in this enchanting Florida Keys destination.
Weather in Key Largo
Key Largo, located in the Florida Keys, experiences a tropical climate with distinct wet and dry seasons. Here’s an overview of the weather throughout the year:
- Daytime Temperatures: 70°F to 75°F (21°C to 24°C)
- Nighttime Temperatures: 60°F to 65°F (16°C to 18°C)
- Winter is a popular time to visit Key Largo due to mild temperatures and lower humidity. It’s an ideal season for outdoor activities.
- Daytime Temperatures: 75°F to 85°F (24°C to 29°C)
- Nighttime Temperatures: 65°F to 75°F (18°C to 24°C)
- Spring brings warmer temperatures, making it a pleasant time for beach outings, snorkeling, and exploring the natural surroundings.
- Daytime Temperatures: 85°F to 90°F (29°C to 32°C)
- Nighttime Temperatures: 75°F to 80°F (24°C to 27°C)
- Summer is the wet season, characterized by higher temperatures and occasional afternoon thunderstorms. It’s a great time for water activities but be prepared for humidity.
- Daytime Temperatures: 80°F to 85°F (27°C to 29°C)
- Nighttime Temperatures: 70°F to 75°F (21°C to 24°C)
- Fall brings a mix of warm temperatures and increased humidity. It’s still a good time for outdoor activities, and the fall months are part of the hurricane season.
Key Largo is susceptible to hurricanes, especially during the peak of the Atlantic hurricane season from June to November. While hurricanes rarely make direct landfall in the Keys, it’s essential to stay informed about weather updates during this time.
Overall, the winter and spring months are considered the most favorable for a visit to Key Largo, offering pleasant weather and lower chances of precipitation. However, each season has its unique charm, and the tropical climate ensures that Key Largo is an inviting destination throughout the year.
Is Key Largo Safe for a Honeymoon?
Key Largo is generally considered a safe destination for honeymooners. Like any travel destination, it’s essential to take standard safety precautions to ensure a smooth and enjoyable experience. Here are some tips:
- Resort Areas: Key Largo is known for its upscale resorts and tourist-friendly atmosphere. Staying in reputable accommodations enhances safety.
- Water Activities: When engaging in water activities such as snorkeling or diving, follow safety guidelines provided by tour operators. Be aware of your surroundings and pay attention to weather conditions.
- Weather Awareness: Key Largo is susceptible to hurricanes, especially during the hurricane season from June to November. Stay informed about weather forecasts and any potential advisories during your stay.
- Natural Wildlife: The Florida Keys are home to diverse wildlife, including marine life. While encounters are generally safe, be cautious and respect local wildlife. Follow guidelines for safe interactions.
- Transportation: Use reliable transportation options, and exercise caution if driving. Observe traffic rules and be aware of your surroundings, especially if exploring other areas of the Florida Keys.
- Health and Safety Guidelines: Stay informed about health and safety guidelines, especially considering any ongoing health concerns or global situations.
- Emergency Services: Familiarize yourself with the location of emergency services, including hospitals or medical facilities, in case of any unforeseen circumstances.
- Local Laws and Regulations: Adhere to local laws and regulations. The Florida Keys are known for their laid-back atmosphere, but it’s essential to respect local customs and rules.
Key Largo is a popular destination for honeymooners seeking a romantic and tropical retreat. The combination of beautiful beaches, outdoor activities, and a relaxed atmosphere makes it an attractive choice. By staying aware, following safety guidelines, and taking standard precautions, you can enjoy a safe and memorable honeymoon experience in Key Largo.
Most Romantic Spots in Key Largo
Key Largo, with its tropical landscapes and romantic ambiance, offers several enchanting locations for honeymooners. Here are some of the most romantic spots in Key Largo:
- Bayside Sunset Views:
- Enjoy a breathtaking sunset together on the bayside. Many waterfront resorts and restaurants provide a perfect setting for a romantic evening with views of the sun dipping below the horizon.
- John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park:
- Embark on a private snorkeling or diving adventure in the crystal-clear waters of the John Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park. Explore the vibrant coral reefs and marine life for a unique and romantic experience.
- Dolphin Encounters:
- Experience a close encounter with dolphins at facilities like Dolphin Research Center or Theater of the Sea. Interactive dolphin programs allow you and your partner to create lasting memories.
- Private Boat Charter:
- Charter a private boat for a personalized cruise. Whether it’s a daytime exploration of the waters or a moonlit cruise, a private boat charter adds an intimate touch to your honeymoon.
- Everglades National Park:
- Take a day trip to Everglades National Park, where you can enjoy a romantic airboat ride through the mangroves and spot wildlife in their natural habitat.
- Anne’s Beach:
- Anne’s Beach provides a serene setting for a romantic stroll along the shoreline. The shallow waters and swaying palm trees create a picturesque backdrop.
- Couples Massage at a Spa:
- Indulge in a couples massage at one of the local spas. Many resorts offer spa packages designed for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Venture to nearby Islamorada, known as the “Village of Islands.” Explore art galleries, enjoy waterfront dining, and experience the laid-back atmosphere of this charming area.
- Pennekamp Underwater Hotel:
- While still in development, the proposed underwater hotel in Pennekamp Coral Reef State Park could offer a unique and unforgettable experience for adventurous honeymooners.
- Private Beach Dinners:
- Some resorts offer the option of arranging a private dinner on the beach. Enjoy a candlelit meal with the sound of the waves as your backdrop.
- Tavernier Creek Marina:
- Take a romantic stroll along the Tavernier Creek Marina, where you can enjoy views of boats and the calm waters.
- Key Largo Botanical Gardens:
- Explore the Key Largo Botanical Gardens, a peaceful and scenic location perfect for a quiet and intimate walk.
These romantic locations in Key Largo provide diverse experiences, from sunset views and marine adventures to serene beach walks and spa retreats. Tailor your itinerary to include a mix of these enchanting spots for a honeymoon filled with romance and lasting memories.