Celebrate your marriage and create beautiful memories of a lifetime in the historic country of Israel. From visiting the religious meccas to tours of archaeological sites to soaking in some rest and relaxation on the beach, the options are unlimited in Israel.
The religious significance in Israel is hard to beat with the ancient cities of Jerusalem, Bethlehem and Nazareth. Had to Masada to enjoy the beaches and spas of the Dead Sea. If you are fans of scuba diving, head to Eilat, a popular resort destination along the Red Sea. For the bustling city life, head to Tel Aviv and get lost in the delicious food and hopping nightlife.
Begin your happily ever after with a trip to Israel.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Israel
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- CAPITAL: Jerusalem
- CURRENCY: Israeli New Shekel
- GETTING THERE: Flight time is roughly 11 hours from New York City
- WHEN TO GO: Israel has beautiful weather almost all year round. Depending on what you are looking for on your honeymoon, certain times will be better. Religious holidays can mean large crowds and during the off-season, though it may get a little wet, pricing can be significantly cheaper
- GETTING AROUND: Intercity buses are the fastest and easiest way of traveling between the major cities of the country
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Passport must be valid for at least 6 months from date of entry. Citizens of North America are able to receive a visa upon entry
- FLOAT AROUND: Head to the Dead Sea where you can float around in the salt-filled waters, relaxing in the tranquil atmosphere and indulging the skin with a therapeutic mud bath. The perfect remedy for the body and soul after the excitement of a wedding.
- VISIT JERUSALEM: Head to this ancient city to worship at the holy sites. Walk the Stations of the Cross, visit the Church of the Holy Sepulcher and stop by the Wailing Wall.
- TAKE A BITE: Make sure to take a moment to enjoy the tastes of Israel – from the local Arab bread to the falafel.