Andalusia (or Andalucía, for Spanish speakers), comprises the southernmost chunk of Spain and includes a breathtaking stretch of coastline along with exciting flamenco-drenched cities, snowy mountains, and vast deserts. Depending on which part of Andalusia where you take your honeymoon, you can experience an incredibly vast range of climates, environments, and adventures.
Ski the peaks, hike the deserts, laze on the beaches, or get lost in the charm of the magical cities. Of course, you can even combine multiple of the above, for a honeymoon where you enjoy a seemingly impossible combination of romantic fun.
Start in Seville, an enchanting city where you can discover neo-Baroque basilicas, tree-lined plazas, Moorish castles, and sizzling flamenco bars.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Andalusia
- WHITE WEDDING, WHITE VILLAGES: After your white wedding, explore the Pueblos Blancos, or white towns of Andalusia. These hillside villages are peppered with white-washed buildings where you can often see the coast and the mountains while you sip a drink at a bar or much on local tapas. There are a number of these villages in Andalusia, and each has its own unique charm.
- TAKE A MOUNTAIN ADVENTURE: With several mountain ranges cutting through the Andalusian lands, outdoorsy couples will definitely want to take some mountaintop adventures. Aside from hiking, skiing, and mountain biking (depending on season), you can also rip across the mountains on 4x4 buggies, ride on horseback, rappel down canyons, and more.
- SEE SEVILLE: Sevilla, or Seville, is the beautiful capital of Andalusia. Stroll through old historical plazas and watch the night come alive with drink, dance, and charm while you discover a rich history of Roman rule and Muslim conquest.
- CUISINE CRAZY: Andalusian cuisine is a delight. Enjoy delectable seafood fried in some of the world's finest olive oil along with tapas like gazpacho, salmorejo (tomato bread soup), locally-grown olives, and excellent wines are only the tip of the iceberg for foodie couples.
- BRIGHT BEACHES & WONDERFUL WATERWAYS: With coasts spanning the Atlantic, Mediterranean, and even the Strait of Gibraltar, Andalusia's beaches are true gems. Further inland, a whole world of lakes and rivers give couples even more aquatic terrain for kayaking, surfing, sailing, fishing and more. Oh, and that means there are lots of places to book romantic cruises, which is an Andalusia honeymoon must-do.
- LA ALHAMBRA: This ancient Arabic fortress and palace complex was first built in 889 AD in Granada, and is one of the must-see attractions in the Andalusia region. Aside from being beautiful and majestic, it has a rich history that will leave culture buffs on the edges of their seats.