Romance is just around every corner in St. Lucia. World Travel Awards chose it as the world's best honeymoon destination for 5 consecutive years, and is a special sport for destination weddings as well. Over 30 island properties are ready to arrange the ceremony you've always dreamed of.
The dramatic Piton rock formations, lush vegetation, and clear azure waters surround your honeymoon with scenic beauty. You can visit a volcano, bathe in therapeutic hot springs, and practice just about any water sport in just one day of sightseeing. You'll soon discover that this lush tropical paradise was made for two people in love.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of St. Lucia
Tips and advices
Tips and advices+
- WEATHER: Average annual temperature is 75 degrees Farenheit.
- AREA: 238 sq. miles
- ELECTRICITY: Electricity is 220 volts, 50 cycles AC. U.S. appliances need an adaptor.
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- Ride the bus if you want to see local color.
- The earliest you can get married is three days after your arrival on the island.
- Most roads are paved, but all are "corkscrew" curves that demand careful driving and some thought about the return when you choose a restaurant or club destination.
- GROS ISLET Village at Rodney Bay is the place to be on Fridays. This is an evening "jump up" with boom box music and food stands set up along the village’s main street. It doesn’t take long to get into the swing of things.
- Approach the PITONS! You can hike and climb straight up Petit Piton in about 2 ½ hours. It’s a good idea to hire a guide ($25). Non climbers can drive to the base.
- Get an aerial view of the EXOTIC TROPICAL RAIN FOREST. You’ll never forget it!!! You can take an aerial gondola ride or the more daring zip line which lets you soar over the canopy of the huge Castries Waterworks Rain Forest. Don’t forget your camera and binoculars. Chasin Baboneau 758 458-5151. The gondola costs about $70 per person; zip line $60 or a package of both $85.
- Take some beautiful honeymoon snapshots at the DIAMOND BOTANICAL GARDEN AND WATERFALL, part of the Soufriere Estate. Just outside, you can work out the kinks in a bath of warm thermal waters. Open Monday-Saturday 10:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Tel: 758/454 7565.
- Saturday is Market Day at CASTRIES CENTRAL MARKET where you can see West Indian crafts and produce on display at colorful stalls.