Egypt, with its rich history, timeless wonders, and captivating landscapes, is an enchanting honeymoon destination. Couples can explore the iconic pyramids of Giza, sail on the romantic Nile River, and discover ancient temples and tombs. The allure of Cairo’s bustling markets and the serenity of the Red Sea’s beaches offer a diverse range of experiences. Enjoy a hot air balloon ride at dawn over Luxor or unwind at luxurious resorts in Sharm El Sheikh. With its cultural treasures, natural beauty, and warm hospitality, Egypt is an unforgettable backdrop for honeymooners seeking a blend of adventure, romance, and history.
The 11 Best Honeymoon Resorts in Egypt
For honeymooners seeking a luxurious and romantic retreat in Egypt, Steigenberger Alcazar stands as a haven of elegance and serenity. Nestled in the picturesque landscape of Egypt’s Red Sea, this lavish resort offers a range of beautifully appointed accommodations tailored to create cherished memories for couples embarking on their journey…
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh
Rixos Sharm El Sheikh, a modern and luxurious resort nestled along the stunning Red Sea, is the perfect setting for honeymooners seeking a romantic and unforgettable escape. Elegant Accommodations: The resort boasts a variety of well-appointed rooms and suites, including Superior Rooms, Deluxe Rooms, Family Rooms, and Junior Suites. The…
Rixos Premium Seagate
Rixos Premium Seagate, a splendid ultra-all-inclusive 5-star deluxe resort, is the ultimate romantic retreat for honeymooners along the captivating shores of the Red Sea in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt. Luxurious Accommodations: The resort offers a choice of 1058 rooms, suites, and villas, each elegantly designed and fully equipped to ensure…
Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh
The Royal Savoy Sharm El Sheikh, an exclusive retreat within the lavish Savoy complex, is a dream destination for honeymooners seeking a blend of elegance, intimacy, and breathtaking beauty. Secluded Luxury: The Royal Savoy offers an intimate and secluded location for guests who desire an extra touch of exclusivity. With…
Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa
Perched on the shores of the Red Sea and closest to the enchanting Naama Bay, Stella Di Mare Beach Hotel & Spa is a 5-star haven that beckons honeymooners with a promise of unparalleled luxury and memorable experiences. With gourmet dining, world-class diving lessons, and captivating evening entertainment, this resort…
SUNRISE Arabian Beach Resort
SUNRISE Arabian Beach Resort – Grand Select, a 5-star luxury resort, is a splendid choice for honeymooners seeking a romantic and enchanting getaway in Egypt. Nestled along the Red Sea, this exquisite resort promises an authentic Arabian experience with its elegantly designed architecture and interiors. Arabian Elegance: As you step…
Moevenpick Resort Taba
Mövenpick Resort Taba, a hidden gem in the heart of Egypt, invites honeymooners to a world of natural beauty and serene luxury, with the magnificent landscapes, breathtaking mountains, and the mesmerizing turquoise waters of the Gulf of Aqaba as its backdrop. Spectacular Location: Nestled on the shores of Taba Bay,…
Jaz Aquaviva Resort, a magnificent 5-star haven in Madinat Makadi, Egypt, invites honeymooners to a world of excitement and relaxation. With its array of amenities and luxurious accommodations, it promises a romantic and unforgettable escape. Elegant Accommodations: The resort offers a variety of accommodations, including 436 Family Rooms, 50 Standard…
Steigenberger Hotel & Nelson Village
Nestled at the tip of the Red Sea in Egypt, the Steigenberger Hotel & Nelson Village is the perfect destination for honeymooners seeking a secluded and enchanting escape. This 5-star haven is conveniently located only 40 minutes from Taba International Airport, just 10 minutes from Eilat, and a mere 30…
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort
Renaissance Sharm El Sheikh Golden View Beach Resort, a luxurious haven perched on a picturesque headland peninsula, beckons honeymooners to a world of beauty and romance by the Red Sea. Stunning Villas: The resort’s unique charm lies in its accommodation – a collection of two-level villas that blend seamlessly with…
Concorde El Salam Hotel Sharm El Sheikh
For honeymooners seeking an ideal blend of comfort, convenience, and romance, Concorde El Salam Front Hotel in Sharm El Sheikh is a perfect choice. This beautiful hotel offers a serene and romantic setting with a range of amenities designed to make your honeymoon unforgettable. Luxurious Accommodations: The rooms at Concorde…
Average Cost of a One Week Egypt Honeymoon
The cost of a one-week honeymoon in Egypt can vary depending on your travel style, preferences, and where you’re flying from. Here’s a general breakdown of the average costs:
Airfare to Egypt varies based on your departure location and time of booking. On average, expect to spend between $700 to $1,500 per person for round-trip economy class tickets. Booking in advance and being flexible with travel dates can help you find better deals.
The choice of accommodations can significantly impact the cost. Egypt offers a wide range of lodging options, from budget hostels to luxury resorts. On average, plan for around $100 to $300 per night for a mid-range hotel. For a more luxurious honeymoon, expect to spend $300 to $600 per night. Over a week, this can amount to $700 to $4,200 for accommodations.
Daily expenses include meals, transportation, activities, and other incidentals. Budget travelers can expect to spend around $30 to $50 per person per day, while mid-range travelers may allocate $50 to $100 per person per day. Luxury travelers could spend $100 to $200 or more per person daily. For a week, this amounts to approximately $210 to $1,400 per person.
Average Total Cost
Keep in mind that these are average costs, and actual expenses may vary. Activities like guided tours to archaeological sites, diving in the Red Sea, and hot air balloon rides can add to your budget. Additionally, currency exchange rates and local price variations can influence your expenses.
To get an accurate estimate, it’s advisable to research specific destinations within Egypt and create a detailed budget tailored to your preferences. Planning ahead, booking packages, and taking advantage of travel deals can help you manage costs while enjoying a memorable honeymoon in Egypt.
Best Time to Visit Egypt
The best time to visit Egypt for a honeymoon is during the fall (September to November) and spring (March to May). During these months, the weather is generally pleasant, making it an ideal time for outdoor activities and sightseeing. Here’s what you can expect during these seasons:
Fall (September to November):
- Pleasant weather with comfortable temperatures.
- Lower tourist crowds compared to the peak summer season.
- Ideal for exploring Egypt’s historical sites, such as the pyramids and temples, without the scorching heat.
Spring (March to May):
- Similar to fall, the weather is mild and pleasant.
- Beautiful blooms in Egypt’s oasis and gardens.
- A great time for a Nile River cruise, with warm temperatures and gentle breezes.
Avoid visiting Egypt during the scorching summer months (June to August) when temperatures can exceed 100°F (38°C) in many areas. Winter (December to February) can also be a good time to visit, but it’s cooler, especially in the evenings, and some areas may experience rainfall.
Ultimately, the best time for your honeymoon depends on your preferences. Consider the activities you want to do and the regions you plan to visit in Egypt and choose the season that aligns with your interests and comfort level.
About Honeymooning in Egypt
Honeymooning in Egypt can be an enchanting experience, but it’s important to be well-prepared to fully enjoy your trip. Here’s what you should know about the culture, currency, and cuisine in Egypt:
- Respect Local Customs: Egypt is predominantly a Muslim country, so it’s essential to respect local customs and dress modestly, especially when visiting religious sites.
- Greetings: Common greetings include “Salam” (hello) and “Shukran” (thank you). Egyptians are generally warm and welcoming to tourists.
- Photography: Ask for permission before taking photos of people, especially locals. Some sites may have restrictions on photography.
- Punctuality: Egypt has a more relaxed attitude toward time. Be prepared for schedules that may not always run on time.
- Egyptian Pound (EGP): The official currency is the Egyptian Pound (EGP). Credit cards are widely accepted in hotels, restaurants, and larger cities.
- ATMs: You can find ATMs in urban areas, making it easy to withdraw cash. Inform your bank of your travel plans to avoid issues with your cards.
- Bargaining: Bargaining is a common practice in markets and smaller shops, so be prepared to negotiate for goods and services.
- Egyptian Cuisine: Egyptian cuisine is diverse and flavorful. Sample dishes like Koshari (a mix of rice, pasta, and lentils), Shawarma, and Falafel. Be sure to try local sweets like Baklava and Basbousa.
- Street Food: Street food is a must-try, but choose busy stalls to ensure freshness and hygiene.
- Water: Stick to bottled water to avoid waterborne illnesses, and be cautious with ice in your drinks.
- Cultural Experience: Part of the joy of experiencing Egyptian cuisine is dining in local eateries and savoring traditional dishes.
Remember that Egypt is a unique and culturally rich destination. Embrace the local culture, try new foods, and engage with the welcoming people to make your honeymoon in Egypt a truly unforgettable experience.
Best Activities for a Egypt Honeymoon
Egypt offers a wealth of activities for a memorable honeymoon. Here are some of the best activities to consider:
- Explore the Pyramids: Visit the iconic Pyramids of Giza and the Sphinx. Consider a guided tour to delve into their history and significance.
- Nile River Cruise: Enjoy a romantic cruise along the Nile River. These cruises often include stops at historic temples and offer stunning views of the riverbanks.
- Luxor and Aswan: Explore the ancient treasures of Luxor and Aswan, including the temples of Karnak and Luxor, the Valley of the Kings, and the beautiful Philae Temple.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: Take a hot air balloon ride over Luxor at sunrise for a breathtaking view of the city’s historical sites.
- Relax at Red Sea Resorts: Unwind at one of the Red Sea resorts, such as Sharm El Sheikh or Hurghada. Enjoy pristine beaches and excellent snorkeling and diving opportunities.
- Cultural Tours: Immerse yourself in Egyptian culture with visits to local markets, authentic restaurants, and traditional music and dance performances.
- Luxurious Spa Days: Many resorts and hotels offer luxurious spa treatments, perfect for relaxation and rejuvenation.
- Desert Adventures: Consider a desert safari, camel trekking, or even a visit to the otherworldly White Desert for a unique and adventurous experience.
- Luxury Dining: Savor Egyptian and international cuisine at upscale restaurants in Cairo and other major cities.
- Snorkeling and Diving: Explore the Red Sea’s underwater wonders with a snorkeling or diving excursion. The Red Sea is known for its vibrant coral reefs and marine life.
- Romantic Felucca Ride: Take a romantic felucca (traditional sailboat) ride on the Nile, especially during sunset.
- Abydos and Dendera: Discover the lesser-known but captivating temples of Abydos and Dendera, featuring intricate carvings and preserved artwork.
- Sunset at Abu Simbel: Witness the breathtaking sunrise or sunset at the Abu Simbel temples, particularly during the biannual Sun Festival.
Remember to plan ahead, book tours, and accommodations in advance, and consider a mix of historical, cultural, and leisure activities to create a well-rounded honeymoon experience in Egypt.
Weather in Egypt
Egypt’s weather varies depending on the region and the time of year. Here’s a general overview of the weather in Egypt:
- Coastal Areas (e.g., Alexandria, Sharm El Sheikh, Hurghada):
- Mediterranean coast (Alexandria): Mild, wet winters (November to March) and hot, dry summers (May to September). Spring and autumn are pleasant.
- Red Sea coast (Sharm El Sheikh, Hurghada): Hot and dry year-round. Winters are warm, and summers are scorching.
- Nile Delta and Cairo:
- Hot summers (May to September) with temperatures exceeding 100°F (38°C). Mild winters with occasional rainfall (November to March). Spring and autumn are comfortable.
- Luxor and Aswan (Upper Egypt):
- Extremely hot summers with temperatures often above 110°F (43°C) (May to September). Mild winters with warm days and cool nights (November to March). Spring and autumn are good for visiting historical sites.
- Desert Areas (e.g., Western Desert, White Desert):
- Desert regions are extremely hot during the day and cooler at night. Summers are scorching, and winter nights can be quite cold.
- Mountainous Areas (e.g., St. Catherine, Sinai Peninsula):
- Generally cooler than other regions, with milder summers. Winter nights can be cold due to the elevation.
Keep in mind that Egypt has a desert climate, so it’s important to stay hydrated and protect yourself from the sun’s intense rays, especially during the hot summer months. The best time to visit Egypt for comfortable weather is during the fall and spring when temperatures are milder.
Is Egypt Safe for a Honeymoon?
Egypt is generally safe for a honeymoon, and it offers a wide range of beautiful destinations and historical sites for couples to explore. However, like any travel destination, there are certain precautions to keep in mind:
- Check Travel Advisories: Before planning your trip, it’s a good idea to check the latest travel advisories from your government or a reputable source. These advisories provide information on any safety concerns or travel restrictions in Egypt.
- Tourist Areas: Major tourist areas in Egypt, such as Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Sharm El Sheikh, and Hurghada, are generally safe and well-patrolled by security forces. These areas have established tourism infrastructure and are accustomed to welcoming visitors.
- Local Guidelines: Respect local customs and traditions, particularly when visiting religious sites. Dress modestly, especially when entering mosques or temples.
- Stay Informed: Keep yourself informed about current events and any potential security risks in the region you plan to visit. Many hotels can provide updates and recommendations.
- Avoid Demonstrations: While political demonstrations are less common in tourist areas, it’s advisable to avoid any large gatherings or protests.
- Stay in Well-Established Accommodations: Choose reputable hotels and accommodations with good security measures.
- Health Precautions: Make sure to drink bottled water, avoid street food that might not be properly prepared, and use sunscreen and protective clothing to shield yourself from the sun.
- Travel Insurance: Purchase comprehensive travel insurance that covers medical emergencies, trip cancellations, and other unforeseen events.
- Guided Tours: Consider booking guided tours for excursions to historical sites. Local guides are well-versed in the area and can provide valuable insights.
While Egypt is generally safe for tourists, it’s always important to stay informed and take necessary precautions to ensure a safe and enjoyable honeymoon. If you have any concerns or specific questions about safety in Egypt, it’s a good idea to consult with your country’s embassy or consulate for the latest advice.
Most Romantic Spots in Egypt
Egypt offers several romantic locations for honeymooners to enjoy. Here are some of the most romantic destinations in Egypt:
- Aswan: This city along the Nile River is known for its tranquil atmosphere. Take a felucca (sailboat) ride on the Nile, visit the romantic Philae Temple, and explore the stunning Nubian villages. Aswan’s beautiful sunsets are perfect for a romantic evening.
- Luxor: Luxor is often referred to as the “world’s greatest open-air museum.” Explore the temples, tombs, and ancient sites on the east and west banks of the Nile. A hot air balloon ride over the Valley of the Kings at sunrise is a memorable experience.
- Red Sea Resorts: Sharm El Sheikh and Hurghada offer beautiful beaches and crystal-clear waters. Enjoy water activities, such as snorkeling and diving, and watch the sunset from a seaside restaurant.
- Cairo: The bustling capital city has its own charm. Visit the historic Khan el-Khalili market, enjoy a romantic dinner overlooking the Nile, and explore the historic sites, including the Pyramids of Giza.
- Dahab: This laid-back coastal town in the Sinai Peninsula is perfect for couples seeking a more relaxed atmosphere. Enjoy the scenic beauty of the Blue Hole, go snorkeling, or simply unwind by the beach.
- The White Desert: For adventurous couples, the otherworldly landscapes of the White Desert are a unique and romantic destination. Camp under the stars in this surreal desert setting.
- Alexandria: The Mediterranean city of Alexandria offers a mix of history, culture, and coastal charm. Explore ancient ruins, visit the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, and enjoy a seaside meal at one of the city’s charming restaurants.
- St. Catherine: For a unique experience, visit the remote St. Catherine in the Sinai Peninsula. Explore the historic St. Catherine’s Monastery, hike to Mount Sinai for sunrise, and stargaze in the clear desert skies.
These locations offer a combination of historical, natural, and cultural experiences, making them perfect for a romantic and diverse honeymoon in Egypt. Whether you prefer a tranquil riverside setting or an adventurous desert escape, Egypt has something to offer every type of couple.