You said your "I do's" and danced the night away with friends and family on your perfect day. Now, it is time to unwind, relax and reconnect with your soulmate. Whether looking to navigate hilly, tranquil villages or stroll down a sandy beach, Asia has something for everyone. From the idyllic to the unwittingly beautiful, consider the following top ten honeymoon destinations in Asia:
Famed for its greenness, cleanliness, and high-tech stance, Singapore has tons of amazing experiences waiting for romantic couples. The eclectic nightlife, incredible cuisine, and vibrant shopping scene all work hand in hand to craft the perfect lovers hotspot. The best time to visit for honeymooners is from February to March. If you decided to head there during the off-season, make sure to pack layers and umbrellas because or the rainy season.
- Shop along Orchard Road
- Book a romantic cruise down Singapore River
- Watch the beautiful skyline from Marina Bay
- Take a stroll through Chinatown, Arab Street, and Little India for some culture
When planning a honeymoon in India, add Mumbai and the other big cities to the back burner. The best place to be is on the sandy beaches along the coastline, the mountains in the countryside and the sun bathed lakes. Head to Goa, a beach heaven in the west coast of India. Check out Kerala with its green mountainous landscapes, lakes and coffee plantations. You can garnish your meals straight from the surrounding farms full of natural spices. The rented houseboats dancing on the water and numerous spas inland make for romantic night outs for newlyweds. If you love the snow, visit Kashmir, which borders the Himalayas Mountains. You can ski, enjoy sledding, stroll and get lost in the piles of pine trees as far as your legs would take you.
- Ride on the boats during the sunset
- Sample Indian dishes, savoring the local spices
- India is rich in tradition. Look for safe traditional accommodation to get the feel of the culture and architecture
For a busy and vibrant honeymoon, think about taking the lovely lady to Tokyo, Japan. The blend of ancient tradition and culture, friendly hospitality, and world-famous cuisine all place Tokyo among the top ten. If possible, you should consider visiting Tokyo in March or April — if only for the cherry blossoms and temperate weather.
- Take a walk beneath the cherry blossoms (sakura)
- Go on a shopping spree
- Visit the theaters
- March up Tokyo Tower and take in the breath-taking views
Famed for its vibrant nightlife, tropical vistas, azure water, and sandy shores, Boracay has something for every honeymooner. The best time to check into this Asian city is from November through to May when the weather is dry.
- Enjoy a sunset cruise aboard a sailboat
- Participate in the endless water sports the island is known for
- Walk through the breeze on Boracay's beach
- Go for an all-night party
Seoul, South Korea
Known for setting the stage for tantalizing dramas, Seoul makes for a vibrantly beautiful honeymoon destination. You should visit during the spell-binding season (typically from March to May) or when the weather is a bit mild (September through November).
- Check into the Dongdaemun, Hondae, and lnsa-Dong markets
- Walk through the Bukhansan National Park and enjoy the blooming cherry blossoms
- Visit Jeju Island
If you are looking for something a bit adventurous, Phuket, Thailand is the place to go. The clear waters, mountain terrains, forested hills, and sandy beaches all work hand in hand to craft the perfect setting for love and romance. January and February are the best months to visit Phuket, when the skies are clear and the rainfall low.
- Go island hopping, diving, and snorkeling
- Jet ski, surf, and sea kayak
- Check into any of the private pool villas
- Book a sensational couple spa
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
For honeymooners yearning for an unforgettable trip, Dubai is another grand idea. Famed for its shopping malls, tall towers, and marinas, Dubai is truly larger than life. The fantastic skyline and barren desert backdrops all make for a fun-filled and mesmerizing holiday experience — one you'll particularly enjoy with the love of your life by your side.
- Head over to Jumeriah Beach and observe the sun in her Asian majesty
- Visit the Bastakiya Quarter for a sample of Arabian history
- Ski at Ski Dubai and play in the water at Wild Wadi Waterpark
Bali is the perfect mix of ancient culture and natural beauty. Enamor your spouse with a relaxing villa vacation amid rich heritage sites, bursting rainforests, a variety of water activities, and stunning beaches. September, June, May, and April are the best times to visit this beautiful Asian gem.
- Frolic at Kata Beach
- Sign up for waterfall hunting, canyoning, and white-water rafting
- Arrange a candlelit dinner by any of the ocean fronts
Nothing quite matches up to authentic Chinese food — and where else to go than China's Hong Kong for an Eastern-themed honeymoon? Famed for its cityscape, cosmopolitan culture, and vibrant spirit, this city has all the culinary spots you've never tried. October and December are the best months, when room rates are pretty reasonable and the temperatures will be comfortable for a bit of romance with your new flame.
- Hop onto the Star Ferry for a scenic trip through the city
- Go to Victoria Peak for a thrilling nature walk atop the mountain
- Attend the night light show
- Arrange a food hunting or shopping expedition in Hong Kong's street markets
If money isn't an issue and you are looking to treat your better half to the most luxurious honeymoon, the Maldives should be towards the top of your list. This ultimate earthly paradise ranks towards the top for honeymoon destinations in Asia for a reason. The ideal weather, water bungalows, luxurious resorts, crystal-clear waters, and blue skies will all work hand in hand to deliver the perfect romantic holiday for two.
- Hop from one island to the next
- Dive and snorkel into the lovely atolls
- Check into a floating bungalow
Asia has a number of romantic spots perfect for honeymooners. Each of these destinations is unique: from the food and history to the weather and memorable experiences they have to offer. Whichever you pick, you can be sure to have a honeymoon that neither of you will ever forget.