The holidays are the perfect time to gift those newly married couples in your life with the necessities they may have overlooked on their registry. Maybe they didn’t have the time or money to go on a honeymoon? Get together with some friends and give the gift of an unforgettable honeymoon or the perfect weekend getaway. Travel not in the cards (or wallet), our go-to is anything personalized. For more ideas for those recent newlyweds, check out our list below.
- Honeymoon: Maybe your newlyweds didn’t have the time or budget to enjoy a get away after their big day. If able to make it happen, a honeymoon is an unforgettable gift for any couple. Honeymoons.com offers endless options on our Package and Deals page. One of our favorites is G Adventures, offering an awe-inspiring selection of affordable small-group tours that embrace the destination.
- The Newlyweds Book of Firsts: Let the newlyweds in your life commemorate the milestones of married life together. From receiving their first piece of junk mail together to their first date as a married couple – let them document it all with this book.
- Wine of the Month: Cheers to the newlyweds. Cheers to a happily ever after. And cheers to their first holiday season as Mr. and Mrs. Invite the newlyweds to celebrate each month with a new bottle of wine. A membership to the Wine of the Month club will guarantee quality wine delivered to their door each month.
- His and Her Luggage Tags: Baggage claims can me a madhouse. Help the newlyweds out with personalized tags.
- Sheets: A set of classic sheets can go a long way. Our favorite is Brooklinen. They make the entire bed feel like the cool side of the pillow. These luxurious sheets are 480 thread count of cotton sateen, woven in a rich, lustrous finish. The newlyweds will know what it is like to sleep on a cloud!
- The Newlywed Cook Book – What better way to enjoy some time together than in the kitchen? This inspiring collection of modern recipes will take newlyweds on a delicious journey.
- Weekend Getaway: A getaway of any kind is the perfect gift for under the tree. We are crazy about Amelia Island. Located off the coast of Florida, Amelia Island is easy to reach, but hard to forget. With beautiful beaches, soft sea breezes and breathtaking scenery, love birds are reminding exactly what made them fall in love in the first place on the island.
- Pushpin Map – Whether going the distance or just down the road, couples like to check off where they have been. A personalized map allows you to do just that with a push of a pin. Plus, it serves more than one purpose – to keep track of your travels and lighten up the décor of a room
- Picnic Basket – Every couple needs a little time to become one with nature. And what better way to do so then a sunset picnic date. A beautiful basket with all the necessities is not only an eye pleaser, but can be a great time saver! The range of baskets start from your standard woven basket to insulated coolers to retractable totes. Our pick is Picnic Time’s Canterbury Picnic Basket for two. With a classic frame and plush interior, this basket comes complete with all supplies for a romantic evening.
- Custom Couple Portrait: From sweet to unique, a custom portrait is a personalized gift that will complete any home. Take a peek at Etsy – we’re sure you’ll find the perfect fit for the newlyweds in your life
That first holiday as newlyweds will always be special. These gift picks are just a few ideas to make that first Christmas perfect.