Norwegian Cruise Line is reimagining world-class destinations like never before with The Norwegian Edge, a $400 million investment to elevate the guest experience. From ship renovations to new dining menus to exciting new restaurants - Norwegian is also reinventing paradise with Great Stirrup Cay and Harvest Caye.
Unwind in Bahamas on Norwegian Cruise Line's private island, Great Stirrup Cay. This idyllic private island paradise is reserved just for NCL guests. Unwind on white-sand beaches and enjoy the many ways to explore paradise. Snorkel with sea turtles and colorful fish in warm turquoise waters. Peacefully glide along the coastline in a kayak or soar over the island on the new 1,000-foot long sip line. Grab a bite to eat at the 8,500 square-foot beach buffet and then simply relax in your private beachfront cabana or a new luxury villa. Do it all - or nothing at all - the choice is yours.
As part of Norwegian Edge, the Cay is becoming even more spectacular with extensive island enhancements and upgrades underway through 2017. From new plush luxury villas bordering an exclusive lagoon to eateries boasting fresh local flavors, guests can savor every moment of their day on this island. With even more venues and activities, guests can recline and unwind or get their thrills parasailing, jet skiing, snorkeling and so much more. Discover a slice of paradise on Great Stirrup Cay.
Updated features include:
- A new exclusive lagoon retreat – complimentary for guests of The Haven – with secluded beach, Siler Palm restaurant opening in Spring 2017, posh Mandara Spa and an activities center for all ages.
- 22 lush private village are available for rent surrounding the tranquil lagoon.
- New LandShark Bar & Grill by Margaritaville and new Abaco Taco serving up incredible fresh cuisine and amazing ocean views.
- New half-mile long oceanfront boardwalk, mystical underwater sculpture garden along a beautiful snorkeling trail, half-acre entertainment and activity complex for live music and games and a shaded picnic area.
- Exhilarating 1,000-foot long zip line with two parallel lines for high-flying races.
- More than $1million in new lush landscaping throughout the island offering shaded retreats to enjoy the beautiful tropical setting.
Slated to welcome guests starting in November, Harvest Caye promises to be an island experience like no other. This premier resort-style destination will be the only non-tender port in Belize. When guests arrive at the pier, they will step foot onto a breathtaking 75-acre beachside oasis on the Gulf of Mexico surrounded by natural beauty and local Belizean culture.
- Luxury by the Sea – Unwind on an expansive, seven-acre white sand beach featuring luxurious beachside villas available for daily rental. Bring the family or friends because each private. Air-conditioned villa accommodated up to ten guests and includes relaxing comforts such as lounging areas, a private bathroom, indoor/outdoor showers and dining and beverage concierge services.
- Splash the Day Away – If playing by the pool is more your style, the sprawling 15,000 square foot pool area featuring a swim-up pool bar, cascading waterfall and canopy cabanas will surely delight.
- Calling All Explorers – Guests can explore the island on a walking trail or head to the saltwater lagoon for some kayaking or paddle boarding. For a real thrill, soar across the island at flighthouse, a central hub for ziplining, free fall jumps and suspension bridges. Plus, there are numerous off island excursions. Whether you want to dive the world’s second largest barrier reef or discover ancient Mayan temples on the mainland, there’s an excursion for everyone.
- A Natural Fit – With Belize wildlife expert Tony Garel as the destination’s Chief Naturalist, education and conservation will be at the forefront at Harvest Caye. From an exotic aviary with native birds and a breed and release program for Scarlet Macaws to a butterfly garden, guests can go wild with plenty of educational programs and tours.
Norwegian Cruise Line continues to reinvent vacation experience from ship to shore. NCL believes that every enhancement and every new venue is an opportunity for guests to make new vacation memories that will last a lifetime. To learn more, click here.