Your honeymoon. The vacation of a lifetime. That enchanting time when newlyweds dash away to a dream destination to celebrate the beginning of happily ever after. It’s the ultimate once-in-a-lifetime getaway – something you look forward to with anticipation, and look back on with nostalgia. It only follows that you want to make it all that – and more.
That’s where we come in. We’re in the business of making honeymooners happy. We spent countless resources combing the world over to find the most playful, most adventuresome, and most romantic tropical honeymoon destination of the year. We’re excited to report that the Virgin Islands made the top of the list.
Ranked amongst the Best Islands in the World by U.S. News and World Report, the U.S. Virgin Islands make for the perfect honeymoon. Whether you prefer never-ending adventure, or spa-like tranquility, there’s something in the Virgin Islands for every couple. And with multiple islands to lose yourselves in, it’s no wonder the U.S. and British Virgin Islands are ranked among the Best Caribbean Honeymoons by U.S. News & World Report.
So here it is. The end-all, be-all guide to honeymooning in the Virgin Islands (and why you should get started planning now)! Here are 3 Reasons the Virgin Islands are the Most Romantic Honeymoon Destination on Earth:
- Adventure: Stay all day. Play all day.
Studies show that when you’re having fun together (think: physical activity, exploring), you’re bonding. And once you enter the the casual utopia that is the Islands, the world is your playground.
- What to Do: Charter a boat to take you to the British Virgin Islands’ Virgin Gorda. Roam Spring Bay and Devil’s Bay, searching for hidden beaches. Then head over to The Baths for some idyllic time exploring the coves and granite boulders.
- Weather Made to Order: It’s warm and pleasant year-round in the VI. So whether you’re saying, “I Do” mid-winter or spring, you can take your pick of water and beach activities galore. Insider Tip: Be sure to try paddle boarding while in the tropics. Better yet: Night kayaking. From snorkeling to surfing, sunning to hiking, the possibilities are endless.
- Relaxation: Second to None
Wedding planning, negotiating strenuous familial politics, keeping everyone happy…it can take its toll. A study conducted by the British company Kalms found that newlyweds considered creating the guest list to be their biggest stressor, followed by putting together the seating chart and keeping the peace with overbearing family members. (Sound familiar?) Wash away the wedding-day stress in the crystal-clear waters of the Caribbean. It’s time to relax…unwind…luxuriate. And we have some ideas to get you started:
- Explore the protected reef of the underwater trail at St. Croix’s Buck Island Reef National Monument. One of only three underwater trails in the nation, it’s marked with info about the marine life. Nothing says romance like snorkeling through calm waters, pointing out bright, colorful sightings to your beloved.
- From there, head over to Turtle Beach, declared by National Geographic to be one of the world’s most beautiful beaches. The sugary white sands and calm waters will rejuvenate your mind and soul.
- Captivating Resorts to Relish
Romance comes alive in the Virgin Islands, the place where luxury meets leisurely indulgence. Swanky beach resorts? Yes, please! Flirt, hold hands, and stroll on the beach at one of these gorgeous hideaways:
- Caneel Bay Resort: 170 acres of protected nature + seven remote beaches = tranquil R&R. Hike, explore, relax, repeat. Once a sugar plantation, this place preserves rustic touches, such as no televisions. And did we mention that stars like Harrison Ford and the entire Pitt/Jolie party have stopped here?
- Secret Harbour Beach Resort in Benner Bay, St. Thomas: Stay in the place where every room is beachfront. And with two on-site restaurants and a beach bar, you’ll never have to leave your love nest.
So kickstart your marriage with the penultimate honeymoon in the Virgin Islands. Let the salty-fresh Caribbean breezes and swaying palm trees work their charm as you start life together as newlyweds.
This post brought to you by Sonic Charters St. Thomas Boat Rental.
At Sonic Charters, our goal is simple: to ensure that your visit to the U.S. and British Virgin Islands is greater than you ever dreamed. Whether you want to swim with the vibrant fish of the reef, kick back on a white sandy beach accessible only by boat, or party it up out on a tranquil bay, we have exactly the rental or charter for you. For $100 off a Luxury Sea Ray Sundancer rental, use Coupon Code: HONEYMOON17