With a baby on the way, most times the first one of many, couples find themselves trying to get in that one last vacation before sleep, spare time & adult travel go “Bye, Bye” for some time.
As we all know, a baby is a blessing. However, couples whose life is about to change are finding themselves looking to enjoy that rush of a last minute and last chance trip to bask in the sun, enjoy fine restaurants and most importantly, enjoy each other before their lives change dramatically. We always like to point out that depending on how far along you are in you pregnancy will determine how far you will want to travel as well as how far you are “able” to travel. We recommend a trip that is within 5 - 7 hours of travel time from door to door, allowing you enough distance to feel like a vacation, yet close enough that you don’t need a full day to recover from the trip once you get there. If flying isn't an options, there are always continental US drive destinations that are perfect for a babymoon escape (think Florida, New England, California to name a few).
We also suggest that you go somewhere that has access to medical facilities (just in case!) In addition to that, you may want to book a location that has a variety of dress codes so you can feel comfortable and be as fancy or casual as you like. Babymoon trips have recently become quite popular with celebrities, both for first time parents and parenting pros. Here is a look at some Celebrity Babymoons in the last few years:
- Bethenny Frankel: St. Barts in 2010: This Real Housewife of NYC combined her honeymoon and babymoon into one amazing trip to St. Barts with then husband Jason Hoppy.
- Vanessa Lachey:St. Lucia in 2012: Nick Lachey and wife Vanessa headed to the beautiful island of St. Lucia back in June of 2012 prior to the birth of their first baby boy.
- Giuliana Rancid: Vail, Colorado in 2012: Giuliana and husband Bill Rancic enjoyed the outdoors in Vail prior to the birth of their son via gestational surrogate in August.
- Ivanka Trump: Belize in 2015: Long before her father accepted the Republican Presidential Nomination, Ivanka and husband Jared Kushner headed to Belize for some R&R before welcoming their third child.
- Bryiana Dyrdek: Bora Bora in 2016: Bryiana and husband Rob Dyrdek celebrated the announcement of their first child by escaping to Bora Bora in the Spring of 2016.