Clearly Disneyworld is Orlando's most famous theme park, but Orlando also is home to many other wonderful delights for honeymooning couples. Even the small town charm of Winter Park and the excitement of downtown Orlando provide plenty to see and do if visiting the house of the mouse just doesn’t suit your mood for the entire trip. With a little forethought and a lot of love, your honeymoon in Orlando will be nothing short of magical.
Universal Studios in Orlando is actually two theme parks - Universal Studios Florida is a real film and TV production complex plus an wide array of movie themed rides, shows, and movie sets. The neighboring second park, Islands of Adventure is more thrill ride and roller coaster oriented, but also includes the acclaimed Wizarding World of Harry Potter - a theme park within a theme park.
SeaWorld, lets you to get up close and personal with whales, walruses and dolphins. Activities are not only for animal lovers. Thrill seekers and entertainment fans will find a variety of roller coasters, rides, shows and tours available. At SeaWorld's Discovery Cove, couples can experience a one of a kind, all-inclusive day resort experience that includes swimming with dolphins, snorkeling with exotic fish, or relaxing on pristine beaches. SeaWorld also operates neighboring Aquatica Water park with its high-speed water slides, exhilarating wave pools, tranquil beaches and remarkable animal habitats.
Orlando's location offers easy day trips to the Atlantic Ocean at Cocoa Beach or visits to historic Cape Canaveral, home of the US Space launches. there is no wonder Orlando ranks as one of the top honeymoon destinations within the continental United States.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Orlando
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- CURRENCY: The United States dollar. You should have no problems finding ATMs all around the region at banks and most stores and markets as well as throughout the parks.
- LANGUAGE: English.
- GETTING AROUND: Parking is free if you stay at one of Disney’s resorts, but for everyone else, each car is $12 a day. Once inside the park, Disney has your transportation covered with buses, trams, boats and monorails.
- WHEN TO GO: Disney World and Orlando’s other parks are open year round. September through November offers cooler days and fewer crowds. Summers in Florida can get very hot and steamy with high humidity.
- ELECTRICITY: All of the United States and Canada use 110 volts system. Finding converters can be difficult in the U.S., so if you need one, bring it with you.
- TIME ZONE: Orlando falls under Eastern Standard Time, and it observes daylight saving time beginning on the second Sunday in March to the first Sunday in November.
Orlando bursting to life with colossal coasters, swimming with sharks, mind-boggling choices for dining, fanciful cartoon characters and enough activities to wear out even the most precocious adventure-hounds.
- CHECK OUT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO: Universal Studios Florida is a thrill seekers paradise with movie-themed excitement such as Men in Black Alien Attack, the Incredible Hulk Coaster and the Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. Along with Islands of Adventure, the action-packed rides and spectacular shows take cutting-edge technology and special effects to a wild new level making the park a must-do, even if for just one day.
- LOOK NATURE IN THE FACE AT SEAWORLD: Meeting fish, birds and exotic animals up close, feeling the adrenaline rush of raft rides and touching graceful rays as they swim past are just the beginning of the hands-on adventure in store at SeaWorld. From polar bears and penguins to killer whales, SeaWorld allows you to interact with our fellow earth inhabitants more than any other park or zoo, giving you and your spouse a thoroughly different and wholly satisfying experience on your honeymoon.
- RISE ABOVE THE CROWDS: See Walt Disney World and the surrounding Orlando area from high up in the sky with a hot-air balloon tour. This is a wonderfully memorable chance to experience the beauty and excitement of the region side-by-side with the love of your life.