Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World, the magical kingdom in Orlando, Florida, offers a unique and enchanting honeymoon experience. Beyond its iconic theme parks, this enchanting destination provides newlyweds with a blend of fairy-tale romance and whimsical adventure. Explore Cinderella’s Castle, savor gourmet dining, and revel in nightly fireworks displays. From the romantic ambiance of Epcot’s World Showcase to the thrill of Magic Kingdom’s rides, Disney World caters to couples seeking a memorable honeymoon filled with magical moments. With luxurious resorts, spa treatments, and endless entertainment, it’s a place where love and fantasy meet, creating a one-of-a-kind celebration of your new life together.
The 11 Best Honeymoon Resorts in Walt Disney World
Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort
Tucked away in a secluded, enchanting 26-acre oasis, the Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort is a dreamlike destination for honeymooners. Nestled in a residential setting, this AAA Five Diamond Resort provides an idyllic lakeside haven. The resort’s serene grounds are adorned with lush gardens, inviting pools,…
Disney’s Grand Floridian
The old-fashioned style of this elegant Victorian hotel transports couples back in time. Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa bathes couples in luxurious detail, and sits just one stop away from Disney’s Magic Kingdom theme park on the resort monorail. Invigorate mind, body and soul with a soothing escape to…
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Inspired by the natural majesty of old-time park lodges in the American Northwest, Disney’s Wilderness Lodge is a rustic escape that combines modern accommodations and amenities with the feel of the great outdoors. Swim together in the lagoon-style hotel pool or relax with cocktails by the fireside. Take in…
Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Nestled within the magical world of Walt Disney World, Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge provides the perfect rustic retreat for honeymooners who seek adventure and tranquility. This enchanting resort draws its inspiration from the 1860’s railroad hotels of the American West, offering the comforts of home amidst the…
Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek
For newlyweds seeking a Walt Disney World adventure infused with romance and luxury, the Wyndham Grand Orlando Resort Bonnet Creek stands as the ultimate haven. Located on 62 acres of pure family fun, this resort is not only one of the best hotels near Walt Disney World® Resort but also…
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
For honeymooners seeking a unique blend of cultures, a touch of Disney magic, and modern comforts, Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort is the perfect lakeside oasis to celebrate love. A Tapestry of Cultures: Step into a world where Spanish, Mexican, and Southwest American cultures come together to create a tapestry of…
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Discover the perfect blend of formal elegance and New England charm at Disney’s Yacht Club Resort, a lakeside sanctuary that promises an unforgettable honeymoon experience. This nautical-inspired haven invites you to relax, explore, and create cherished memories as you embark on this new journey together. Elegance in Every Corner: From…
Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
Embark on a journey back in time to a place where timeless elegance and old-fashioned charm are harmoniously entwined. Welcome to Disney’s BoardWalk Villas, a waterfront Resort hotel that promises honeymooners a truly magical experience. Saltwater Taffy Dreams: As you stroll through this charming resort, you’ll be greeted by the…
Holiday Inn Orlando
For honeymooners seeking the perfect blend of romance and Disney magic, the Holiday Inn Orlando – Disney Springs® Area is a dreamy escape just minutes away from Walt Disney World. Whether you’re embarking on a grand adventure or simply relaxing by the pool, this resort promises an enchanting experience. Magical…
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
For honeymooners seeking an enchanting blend of luxury, adventure, and the spirit of the African wilderness, Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge stands as an unrivaled paradise. This Resort hotel allows you and your beloved to immerse yourselves in a one-of-a-kind African adventure while reveling in the comfort and magic only Disney…
Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek
Signia by Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek is a honeymooner’s dream, offering the ideal combination of convenience, elegance, and natural beauty. This resort promises to create memorable memories that will last a lifetime, nestled within the embrace of Walt Disney World® Resort and a pristine 482-acre nature preserve. Paradise Found: The…
About Walt Disney World
Average Cost of a One Week Walt Disney World Honeymoon
Honeymooning at Walt Disney World can be a magical experience, but it’s essential to plan your budget carefully. Here’s a general breakdown of the average costs for a one-week honeymoon for a couple:
The cost of airfare to Orlando, Florida, will vary based on your location, the time of booking, and whether you opt for economy or premium seats.
Domestic flights can range from $200 to $600 or more per person for round-trip tickets.
Accommodations within the Walt Disney World Resort range from budget to luxury options.
- Value Resorts: Budget-friendly options range from $100 to $200 per night.
- Moderate Resorts: Mid-range choices typically cost $200 to $350 per night.
- Deluxe Resorts: High-end luxury accommodations can range from $350 to $700 or more per night.
For a one-week stay, budget approximately $700 to $4,900 or more for accommodations, depending on your preferences.
Dining, park tickets, and other expenses can vary based on your choices.
- Dining: Meals at Disney restaurants may range from $15 to $60 per person, depending on the restaurant’s level.
- Park Tickets: Prices for park tickets can vary widely based on the number of days and type of ticket (e.g., Park Hopper).
- Souvenirs and Miscellaneous: Budget for souvenir shopping, activities, and transportation within the resort, typically $50 to $100 per day.
Average Total Cost
Adding these costs together, the average total cost for a one-week honeymoon in Walt Disney World could range from $2,000 to $7,000 or more for a couple. Disney offers various experiences to cater to different budgets, from more economical stays to luxurious getaways. Planning and budgeting carefully will help ensure a magical and unforgettable honeymoon.
Best Time to Visit Walt Disney World
The best time to visit Walt Disney World for your honeymoon can depend on several factors, including your weather preferences, crowd tolerance, and special events. Here’s an overview of the seasons and considerations:
1. Off-Peak Seasons (Lower Crowds and Costs):
- Late January through February: Low crowd levels and cooler weather.
- Late August through September (avoiding Labor Day): Lower crowds and value pricing, but it’s hurricane season.
- Early December: Lower crowds, cooler weather, and festive holiday decorations.
2. Spring (Moderate Crowds and Pleasant Weather):
- March to early May: Comfortable weather and the Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival.
3. Summer (High Crowds and Warm Weather):
- Late May to August: The peak tourist season with hot and humid weather. Consider this if you enjoy warm weather and water parks.
4. Fall (Moderate Crowds and Mild Weather):
- September to early November: Lower crowds after Labor Day and the Epcot International Food & Wine Festival.
5. Holiday Season (Higher Crowds, Festive Atmosphere):
- Late November to early January: The parks are beautifully decorated for the holidays, but it’s a popular and crowded time.
Consider your priorities when choosing the best time. If you prefer smaller crowds and lower costs, the off-peak seasons are ideal. For pleasant weather, consider spring or fall. If you love the holiday season and don’t mind crowds, the end of the year is magical. Additionally, check the Walt Disney World calendar for special events and promotions that may influence your decision.
About Honeymooning in Walt Disney World
Honeymooning at Walt Disney World offers a unique cultural experience, as it’s a world-renowned entertainment destination. Here’s what you should know:
- Magical Atmosphere: Walt Disney World is all about enchantment and creating memorable experiences. Expect a joyful and magical atmosphere throughout the resort.
- Diverse Guests: Disney World attracts visitors from around the world, creating a culturally diverse environment.
- Themed Settings: The resort is known for its attention to detail in creating themed environments, from Cinderella’s Castle to the African savannas of Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Currency: The currency used at Walt Disney World is the United States Dollar (USD).
- Cashless Transactions: Credit cards and MagicBands (RFID wristbands) are widely accepted for cashless transactions throughout the resort.
- Diverse Dining Options: Disney World offers a wide range of dining experiences, from quick-service food courts to fine dining. Be sure to make dining reservations in advance.
- International Flavors: Epcot’s World Showcase provides opportunities to savor cuisine from around the world.
- Character Dining: Enjoy character dining experiences where you can meet and greet Disney characters while dining.
- Special Dining Experiences: Disney World features unique dining experiences, such as the Be Our Guest Restaurant in the Beast’s Castle and the Cinderella’s Royal Table in Cinderella Castle.
- Food Allergies and Dietary Restrictions: Disney is accommodating of dietary restrictions and allergies, so inform the staff of any special dietary requirements.
- Disney Dining Plan: Consider the Disney Dining Plan if you plan to dine at table-service restaurants frequently.
Honeymooning at Walt Disney World offers a culturally diverse and immersive experience, with an emphasis on creating lasting memories. Explore themed environments, enjoy a variety of dining options, and embrace the enchanting atmosphere that Disney is renowned for.
Best Activities for a Walt Disney World Honeymoon
Walt Disney World offers a wealth of activities to make your honeymoon truly magical. Here are some of the best activities to consider for your romantic getaway:
- Visit the Theme Parks: Explore the enchanting Magic Kingdom, the global cultures of Epcot, the animal adventures of Disney’s Animal Kingdom, and the movie magic of Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Fireworks and Nighttime Spectaculars: Witness mesmerizing fireworks displays at Magic Kingdom and Epcot, or enjoy the nighttime spectaculars like “Happily Ever After” and “IllumiNations.”
- Character Meet and Greets: Meet your favorite Disney characters for memorable photos and interactions.
- Private Tours: Consider private tours, like the “Keys to the Kingdom” or a behind-the-scenes tour to learn more about the magic.
- Dining Experiences: Enjoy romantic dinners at themed restaurants like Cinderella’s Royal Table, Be Our Guest, or California Grill.
- Water Parks: Cool off at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach water parks for aquatic fun.
- Spa and Relaxation: Treat yourselves to a couple’s massage or spa day at Senses Spa for relaxation.
- Resort Activities: Participate in resort activities such as movies under the stars, campfires, and even horse-drawn carriage rides.
- Carriage Rides: Take a romantic carriage ride at Disney’s Port Orleans Resort or Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort.
- Special Events: Check if there are special events like Epcot’s Food and Wine Festival or Flower and Garden Festival during your visit.
- PhotoPass: Capture your memories with Disney’s PhotoPass service, which can provide professional photos of your magical moments.
- Souvenir Shopping: Don’t forget to pick up mementos like “Just Married” Mickey ears and other honeymoon-themed merchandise.
- VIP Experience: Consider a VIP tour to enjoy expedited access to attractions and personalized service.
- Disney Springs: Explore Disney Springs for shopping, dining, and entertainment.
- Marriage Vow Renewal: If you’re celebrating a milestone anniversary, consider a Disney Fairy Tale Weddings vow renewal.
These activities cater to a mix of adventure, relaxation, and enchantment, making your Disney World honeymoon an unforgettable experience.
Weather in Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World is located in Orlando, Florida, and it experiences a subtropical climate. Here’s an overview of the weather in the Orlando area, where Walt Disney World is situated:
- Spring (March to May): Spring is a popular time to visit Walt Disney World. The weather is warm, with daytime highs in the 70s and 80s Fahrenheit (21-32°C). It’s a great time to enjoy the parks and attractions without the intense heat of summer.
- Summer (June to August): Summers in Orlando are hot and humid. High temperatures can reach the 90s Fahrenheit (32-37°C), and the humidity is quite high. Afternoon thunderstorms are common during this season.
- Fall (September to November): Fall is a pleasant time to visit, with warm temperatures and lower humidity. Highs are typically in the 80s Fahrenheit (27-32°C). It’s a popular season for Disney enthusiasts.
- Winter (December to February): Winters in Orlando are mild, with highs in the 60s and 70s Fahrenheit (15-26°C). Evenings can be cooler, but it rarely gets very cold.
It’s important to note that Walt Disney World is a year-round destination, with each season offering a different experience. Consider factors like crowd levels, prices, and weather when planning your visit to the “Most Magical Place on Earth.”
Is Walt Disney World Safe for a Honeymoon?
Walt Disney World is generally considered a safe destination for a honeymoon, thanks to its commitment to guest safety and well-established security measures. Here are some important considerations:
- Security Measures: Disney World has robust security measures in place, including bag checks and metal detectors at park entrances.
- Cleanliness: The parks and resorts are known for their cleanliness, and Disney has implemented enhanced cleaning protocols in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Cast Members: Disney staff, known as “Cast Members,” are trained to prioritize guest safety and comfort.
- Health and Safety: In addition to their standard health and safety measures, Disney World has health and safety guidelines in place to protect guests during the pandemic.
- Emergency Services: There are medical facilities on-site, and the resort has a well-established protocol for handling emergencies.
While Walt Disney World is generally a safe destination, it’s important to exercise the usual precautions you would take when traveling. Keep an eye on your belongings, stay hydrated, follow health and safety guidelines, and be aware of your surroundings. With proper precautions, your honeymoon at Disney World can be a magical and safe experience.
Most Romantic Spots in Walt Disney World
Walt Disney World offers numerous romantic locations for honeymooners to create unforgettable moments. Here are some of the most romantic spots in the resort:
- Cinderella’s Castle: While it’s iconic and often bustling, Cinderella’s Castle is undeniably romantic. Capture the moment with a photo in front of the castle.
- Be Our Guest Restaurant: Dine in the Beast’s Castle at this charming restaurant in the Magic Kingdom.
- Epcot World Showcase: Explore the different countries and enjoy a romantic meal in a world-class restaurant, like Monsieur Paul in France or Le Cellier Steakhouse in Canada.
- Couples’ Spa Day: Unwind at Senses Spa, where you can enjoy massages and treatments together.
- The Polynesian Bungalows: Stay in a private overwater bungalow at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort, complete with views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides: Enjoy a cozy, private carriage ride at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort or Disney’s Port Orleans Resort.
- California Grill: This restaurant at Disney’s Contemporary Resort offers incredible views of the Magic Kingdom fireworks.
- Sunset at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge: The savanna views are breathtaking, especially at sunset.
- Grand Floridian Resort: The luxurious Grand Floridian is a romantic setting for afternoon tea or an elegant dinner.
- Disney Springs: Enjoy a romantic dinner at a waterfront restaurant, followed by a stroll around Disney Springs.
- Nighttime Illuminations: Witness the spectacular nighttime fireworks displays at the parks, like “Happily Ever After” at Magic Kingdom or “Epcot Forever” at Epcot.
- Private Fireworks Cruise: Charter a private boat for a romantic evening cruise with views of the fireworks.
- Gardens and Courtyards: Many of the resorts have beautiful gardens and courtyards, perfect for a romantic walk or private moments.
- The BoardWalk: The Disney BoardWalk offers charming nightlife, dining, and entertainment options.
- The Disney Monorail: Take a moonlit ride on the monorail to enjoy the sights and sounds of the resort at night.
With so many enchanting and romantic locations, Walt Disney World provides the perfect backdrop for creating cherished memories during your honeymoon.