Feel the love in the diverse and exciting land of Turkey. This country is the perfect romantic getaway for couples who want it all, from the idyllic Mediterranean beaches to the domed mosques of Istanbul. Turkey’s location straddling two continents, surrounded by eight countries and two seas, makes it one the most dynamic honeymoon destinations lovers can find.
The fascinating mix of European and Asian culture, beaches, history, stunning landscape, fresh cuisine and an emerging wine scene is an absolute treasure. Plus, it is one of the most affordable honeymoon destinations in Europe that pairs well with nearby and economical Greece. No matter if you’re a history buff, adrenaline junkie, foodie, or beach bum…Turkey can satisfy your every whim.
Shop in the bazaars and street markets of Istanbul, escape to the warm waters of the Turquoise Coast, ski down a mountain or explore ancient ruins. No matter what you do, your romantic getaway to Turkey is a sweet treat bound to make friends jealous.
Visit Butterfly Valley and experience a honeymoon vision unlike any other: a warm Mediterranean bay tucked into a rocky green valley over 160 feet deep, all in the foothills of a mountain over 6500 feet high. Arrive here by boat, by way of an unpaved road, or, for the truly daring, zoom in dangling from the straps of a hang glider! Swim in the bay and relax on the beach or explore the valley and discover over two dozen butterfly species fluttering across the flowers.
Just south of the valley is the peaceful, pleasant village of Faralya. The slower pace of life in this delightful town leaves more room to enjoy its delights. Couples looking for a faster pace will love the bigger cities, where old and new blend into a uniquely exciting kind of honeymoon bliss. Behold the magic beauty of a honeymoon in Turkey. This dynamic honeymoon destination might just be the perfect place to celebrate your romance!
- TURKISH BATH: Whether at one of the historic hamams or a couples' treatment at your luxury hotel, a Turkish bath is a spa experience like no other. Being doused in bubbles and massaged head to toe is a soothing and sensual tradition.
- EXPLORE CAPPADOCIA: This very special section of West Anatolia is best known for its moon-like landscape, underground cities, cave churches and houses carved in the rocks. Take in the culture with expert guides like Matiana Travel, experience the breadth of the landscape by hot air balloon or get up close and personal with hikes through the Love Valley.
- SHOP THE BAZAARS: From the Grand Bazaar and Spice Market in Istanbul to the nomadic rug shops and pottery studios of Anatolia, Turkey has some of the most exotic and exciting shopping experiences in the world.
- PAMUKKALE HOT SPRINGS: An ancient city sits atop a white calcified mountain, terraced with neon blue hot springs…nothing quite compares to Pamukkale. Established by the Romans as a spa destination in the second century BC, this great city remains in impressive ruins while the surreal landscape and hot waters make it a winning experience.
- POSH OR PEACEFUL BEACHES: Turkey is a major European beach destination with plenty of fabulous coastlines, resorts, and nearby islands. The two most popular and posh beaches are Bodrum and Fethiye, while the dramatic Orvabuku and Butterfly Valley are quieter getaways.
Tips and Advice
- WHEN TO VISIT: Spring (April to May) and autumn (September to October) are the best times to visit Turkey. It will be hot enough for the beaches of the Aegean and Mediterranean coasts and even-keel weather for the extreme central Anatolia.
- GETTING THERE: The flight from New York to Istanbul is 11 hours and the largest airlines that fly direct to Turkey are Turkish Airlines, Lufthansa, and US Airways.
- GETTING AROUND: Turkey has an extensive network of planes and luxurious buses for shorter jaunts.
- LANGUAGE: Turkish. English is spoken all over Istanbul and widely spoken in all tourist destinations.
- CLIMATE: Turkey has a diverse climate though overall it is quite temperate. The coastal regions enjoy sun and cool breezes while the inland Anatolia plateau experiences a dryer climate with hot summers and cold winters with limited rainfall.
- CURRENCY: Turkish Lira. Current exchange rates can be found here.
- ELECTRICITY: The mains voltage for electricity is 220V and 50Hz. The Central European type wall socket (two-pin plugs) is standard in Turkey.
WEBSITE Check out this incredible deal exclusively from Turtle Island Fiji, the ultimate in luxurious, exotic, intimate island escapes. FREE airfare to couples who book a 7-day vacation between February 21st and June 15th 2015! MORE
WEBSITE Instant Getaway Package: A Romantic Travel Deal to the Hilton Marco Island Resort is a vacation deal that gives you perks like romantic meals, complimentary dinners, late check-out and more! It's discount honeymoons offer that gives you Marco Island's best from the gorgeous Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa. MORE
Chance of Rain59°/54°
Chance of Rain63°/50°