The Poconos, nestled in Pennsylvania’s picturesque mountains, is an enchanting honeymoon destination. Its lush forests, serene lakes, and charming small towns create a romantic backdrop for newlyweds. Couples can cozy up in luxurious cabins or indulge in spa retreats, savoring intimate moments. Adventure awaits with outdoor activities like hiking, horseback riding, and boating, while the region’s wineries and fine dining establishments offer delightful culinary experiences. Whether it’s admiring vibrant fall foliage, enjoying winter sports, or simply relishing each other’s company in a tranquil setting, the Poconos beckon honeymooners seeking natural beauty and romantic seclusion.
The 11 Best Honeymoon Resorts in The Poconos
Woodfield Manor, a Sundance Vacations Property
Woodfield Manor, a Sundance Vacations property, is a hidden gem in Pennsylvania’s breathtaking Pocono Mountains that caters to all of your vacation demands. Woodfield Manor caters to your every need and desire, whether you’re on a romantic honeymoon or a family vacation. Charm and Comfort: This quaint manor offers a…
Inn at Jim Thorpe
Nestled in the heart of the charming and historic small town of Jim Thorpe, the Inn at Jim Thorpe is a delightful blend of old-world charm and modern comforts, making it a perfect retreat for honeymooners seeking a romantic escape. A Touch of History: Built-in 1849 and proudly listed on…
Nestled in the heart of the historic Hawley Silk Mill campus, the newly opened Ledges Hotel is a captivating Pocono Mountain retreat, perfectly tailored for honeymooners seeking a blend of history, nature, and eco-conscious luxury. A Historic Tapestry: Ledges Hotel weaves together the threads of architectural history with a touch…
Make your destination wedding and/or honeymoon an unforgettable experience at one of the most esteemed lodges in the country—Skytop. This grand historic estate features the very best in accommodations, fine dining and limitless recreation including the new Adventure Center at Skytop. You and your guests can explore 5,500 pristine acres…
Mount Airy Casino Resort Spa
Embark on a honeymoon like no other at the Mount Airy Casino Resort Spa, a lavish Pocono paradise that offers honeymooners the perfect blend of opulence, entertainment, and relaxation. Unparalleled Luxury: Indulge in wall-to-wall comfort in your lavish resort room, complete with pillow-top beds, spacious bathrooms, room service, and complimentary…
Silver Birches Resort
At Silver Birches Resort, everything old is new again, and it’s time to rediscover the timeless joy of gathering by Lake Wallenpaupack. This charming lakeside retreat, after undergoing extensive renovations, welcomes you to a world where memories are made, sunsets are savored, and love is celebrated. A Journey Back in…
The Woodlands Inn
Nestled in the tranquil foothills of the Pocono Mountains, The Woodlands Inn beckons as the ultimate destination for your honeymoon. This idyllic retreat, set against a backdrop of nature’s beauty and a peaceful winding stream, offers an oasis of serenity and luxury. A Breath of Fresh Air: Step into The…
Pocono Palace Resort
Nestled in the heart of the picturesque Pocono Mountains, Pocono Palace Resort is a true haven for couples and honeymooners seeking a romantic escape. This enchanting four-season resort, located just an hour’s drive from the George Washington Bridge, is the epitome of relaxation and luxury. Suite Perfection: With 189 suites…
Paradise Stream Resort
Paradise Stream Resort, located in the heart of the Pocono Mountains, is a hidden gem for couples looking for an amazing honeymoon experience. This four-season resort, located on the beaches of private Lake Eden, is the ideal of romance, providing a haven where love blossoms and memories are created. Lakeside…
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort, nestled among the stunning surroundings of the Pocono Mountains, is a haven for couples looking for an exceptional honeymoon experience. This romantic hideaway, noted for its inventiveness in creating heart-shaped whirlpools, is a place where love blooms and memories are made. Innovators of Romance: Cove Haven Resort…
The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort
Nestled in the heart of the breathtaking Pocono Mountains, The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort beckons as a historic haven for honeymooners seeking an enchanting blend of nature, luxury, and recreation. A Historic Retreat: Steeped in history, The Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort is a testament to timeless elegance. Located…
About The Poconos
Average Cost of a One Week Poconos Honeymoon
For a one-week honeymoon in the Poconos, it’s essential to plan your budget carefully to ensure a memorable and stress-free trip. Here’s a general breakdown of costs for a honeymoon in the Poconos:
The cost of airfare can vary significantly depending on your location and the time of year you’re traveling. On average, you can expect to spend between $300 to $700 per person for a round-trip flight to a nearby airport like Philadelphia International Airport. For two people, this would amount to $600 to $1,400.
The Poconos offers a range of accommodations, from budget-friendly cabins to luxury resorts. Here’s an approximate cost per night:
- Budget: $100 – $200 per night
- Mid-range: $200 – $400 per night
- Luxury: $400+ per night
For a one-week stay, you can expect to spend between $700 to $2,800 on accommodations, depending on your choice of lodging.
Your daily expenses will cover meals, activities, transportation within the Poconos, and any additional experiences. Here’s a rough estimate:
- Meals: $50 – $100 per person per day
- Activities and Entertainment: $50 – $200 per day (varies based on your preferences)
- Transportation (if renting a car): $50 – $100 per day
For a one-week stay, daily expenses can range from $700 to $2,100 per couple.
Average Total Cost
Keep in mind that these are average estimates, and actual costs may vary based on your preferences and the time of year you visit. To get a more accurate budget, research specific accommodations and activities you plan to enjoy during your Poconos honeymoon and factor in any seasonal variations in pricing. Don’t forget to allocate some funds for unexpected expenses or souvenirs to commemorate your special trip.
Best Time to Visit Poconos
The best time to visit the Poconos for your honeymoon largely depends on your personal preferences and what activities you both enjoy. Here are some considerations to help you choose the perfect time for your romantic getaway:
- Spring (March to May):
- If you appreciate milder weather and blooming landscapes, spring can be a lovely time.
- It’s less crowded compared to the peak summer season, providing a more intimate experience.
- Spring is ideal for outdoor adventures like hiking and exploring waterfalls.
- Summer (June to August):
- Summer is the peak tourist season with warm weather and plenty of outdoor activities.
- If you both love swimming, boating, and water sports, this is an excellent time to visit.
- Keep in mind that it can be crowded, so book accommodations and activities in advance.
- Fall (September to November):
- Fall is a popular choice for honeymooners due to the breathtaking foliage.
- The vibrant colors create a romantic atmosphere, making it a great time for couples.
- Consider a scenic drive or a hot air balloon ride to enjoy the fall beauty together.
- Winter (December to February):
- If you both enjoy winter sports like skiing and snowboarding, winter is perfect.
- Cozying up by a fireplace in a cabin can be incredibly romantic.
- Keep in mind that winter weather can be quite cold, so plan accordingly.
Ultimately, the best time for your Poconos honeymoon depends on your shared interests and the type of experience you desire. Consider the activities you both enjoy, your preferred weather, and whether you prefer a quieter or more lively atmosphere. Regardless of the season, the Poconos offers a romantic backdrop for your special journey together.
About Honeymooning in Poconos
Honeymooning in the Poconos offers a blend of natural beauty, cozy accommodations, and a taste of local culture. Here’s what you should know about the culture, currency, and cuisine in the Poconos:
- Relaxed Atmosphere: The Poconos are known for their laid-back and welcoming culture. You’ll find friendly locals and a generally relaxed pace of life.
- Outdoor Activities: The region’s culture is deeply rooted in outdoor activities, including hiking, skiing, fishing, and water sports. Embrace the love for nature and adventure that defines the area.
- Art and Music: The Poconos also have a thriving arts scene, with local galleries, live music performances, and cultural events happening throughout the year. Check local listings for art exhibitions and concerts during your visit.
- The currency used in the Poconos is the United States Dollar (USD). Credit cards are widely accepted in hotels, restaurants, and shops, but it’s a good idea to carry some cash for smaller expenses and places that may not accept cards.
- Local Specialties: The Poconos offer a mix of American and international cuisine, but you’ll want to try some local specialties. Look for dishes featuring trout, a local favorite, or Pennsylvania Dutch-inspired comfort food like chicken pot pie and shoofly pie.
- Farm-to-Table: The region is known for its farm-to-table dining, with many restaurants sourcing fresh, local ingredients. You’ll have the opportunity to savor seasonal dishes.
- Wineries and Breweries: The Poconos have a growing wine and craft beer scene. Consider visiting local wineries and breweries for tastings and tours.
- International Cuisine: You’ll also find a variety of international restaurants in the area, including Italian, Mexican, and Asian options.
When honeymooning in the Poconos, embrace the natural beauty of the region, explore the outdoors, and indulge in the local cuisine. It’s a place where you can relax, connect with nature, and enjoy each other’s company in a serene and welcoming atmosphere.
Best Activities for a Poconos Honeymoon
A Poconos honeymoon offers a range of romantic and adventurous activities to create unforgettable memories. Here are some of the best activities to consider:
- Hiking and Nature Walks: Explore the stunning natural beauty of the Poconos by hiking together. Trails like the Appalachian Trail, Bushkill Falls, and the Delaware Water Gap offer breathtaking views and the chance to connect with nature.
- Scenic Drives: Take a scenic drive through the Poconos, especially during the fall foliage season. Routes like Route 507 and Route 6 offer picturesque views of vibrant autumn colors.
- Waterfall Tours: Visit some of the region’s beautiful waterfalls. Places like Dingmans Falls and Raymondskill Falls provide excellent opportunities for romantic walks and photo ops.
- Outdoor Adventures: Try outdoor activities like horseback riding, white-water rafting, or zip-lining. These adventures add an exciting element to your honeymoon.
- Skiing and Snowboarding: If you visit during the winter months, enjoy skiing or snowboarding at one of the area’s ski resorts, such as Camelback Mountain or Shawnee Mountain.
- Winery and Brewery Tours: Explore the local wine and craft beer scene by visiting wineries and breweries. Enjoy tastings and learn about the craft of winemaking and brewing.
- Couples’ Spa Day: Pamper yourselves with a couples’ spa day at one of the area’s luxurious resorts or spas. Enjoy massages, facials, and relaxation together.
- Hot Air Balloon Ride: Soar above the Poconos in a hot air balloon for a truly romantic and breathtaking experience. The panoramic views are perfect for couples.
- Romantic Dinners: Savor romantic dinners at local restaurants, especially those with candlelit settings and picturesque views.
- Stargazing: The Poconos offer excellent stargazing opportunities due to their natural surroundings. Consider a night of stargazing and bonding under the night sky.
- Boating and Kayaking: If you’re visiting during the warmer months, rent a rowboat, paddleboat, or kayak to enjoy the serene lakes and waterways.
- Cultural Explorations: Discover local art galleries, museums, and cultural events happening in the Poconos during your visit.
- Fishing: Enjoy a day of fishing together at one of the Pocono lakes or rivers. It’s a tranquil and relaxing way to spend time as a couple.
- Romantic Picnics: Pack a picnic basket and have a romantic picnic in one of the many beautiful parks or scenic spots in the area.
- Cooking Classes: Take a cooking class together to learn how to prepare a special meal or dish that you can enjoy as a couple.
Whether you’re seeking adventure, relaxation, or a combination of both, the Poconos has something for every honeymooning couple. These activities allow you to create cherished moments and celebrate your love in a beautiful and romantic setting.
Weather in Poconos
The weather in the Poconos varies throughout the year, offering distinct seasons and outdoor experiences. Here’s a general overview of the weather you can expect in the Poconos:
Spring (March to May):
- Spring in the Poconos is characterized by gradually warming temperatures.
- March and April can be chilly, with daytime highs in the 40s and 50s°F (4-15°C).
- May brings milder weather, with highs in the 60s and 70s°F (15-26°C).
- Spring showers are common, so be prepared for occasional rain.
Summer (June to August):
- Summer is the warmest and busiest season in the Poconos.
- June sees highs in the 70s and 80s°F (21-32°C).
- July and August are the warmest months, with highs often in the 80s and occasionally reaching the 90s°F (27-35°C).
- Summer is the ideal time for water activities, hiking, and outdoor adventures.
Fall (September to November):
- Fall is one of the most popular times to visit due to the stunning foliage.
- September is mild, with highs in the 70s°F (21-26°C).
- October brings the peak of fall foliage, with daytime highs in the 60s°F (15-21°C).
- November sees cooler temperatures, with highs in the 40s and 50s°F (4-15°C).
Winter (December to February):
- Winter in the Poconos is cold and ideal for winter sports enthusiasts.
- December and January are the coldest months, with highs often in the 20s and 30s°F (-6 to 4°C).
- February begins to show signs of thawing, with highs in the 30s and 40s°F (4-9°C).
- Snow is common during the winter months, making it a great time for skiing and snowboarding.
Keep in mind that these are average temperature ranges, and actual weather conditions can vary from year to year. If you plan to visit during the colder months, be prepared for winter weather, and if you visit in the summer, pack accordingly for warm and sunny days. Regardless of the season, the Poconos offer unique and beautiful experiences year-round.
Is Poconos Safe for a Honeymoon?
The Poconos region in northeastern Pennsylvania is generally considered a safe and popular destination for honeymoons. Like any travel destination, it’s essential to take standard safety precautions, but the Poconos are known for their welcoming and tourist-friendly environment. Here are some safety tips to ensure a safe and enjoyable honeymoon:
- Research Accommodations: Choose well-reviewed and reputable accommodations for your stay. Read guest reviews and consider factors like location, security, and guest services.
- Plan Outdoor Activities Safely: If you plan to engage in outdoor activities like hiking or water sports, research the area and trails, follow safety guidelines, and be aware of weather conditions. Inform someone of your plans.
- Secure Your Belongings: Safeguard your valuables, travel documents, and personal belongings. Most accommodations offer safes or secure storage options.
- Stay Informed: Keep abreast of local news and any safety advisories, especially if you plan to explore more remote areas.
- Practice General Safety: Be aware of your surroundings, lock your doors, and exercise common-sense precautions as you would in any other location.
- Transportation Safety: If you’re renting a car, ensure it’s in good condition, follow traffic rules, and have navigation tools for unfamiliar routes.
- Emergency Contacts: Keep a list of emergency contacts, including local authorities, your embassy or consulate, and your accommodation’s contact information.
- Weather Awareness: Depending on the season, be prepared for changing weather conditions, whether it’s snow in the winter or rain in the spring. Pack appropriate clothing and gear.
- COVID-19 Precautions: Stay informed about any COVID-19 guidelines or restrictions that may be in place during your visit. This includes mask mandates and social distancing measures.
- Trustworthy Sources: Rely on reputable sources of information when planning your trip and verifying safety recommendations.
By taking these precautions and staying informed, you can enjoy a safe and memorable honeymoon in the Poconos. The region is known for its natural beauty and outdoor activities, making it an attractive destination for couples seeking a romantic and adventurous getaway.
Most Romantic Spots in Poconos
The Poconos offer a variety of romantic locations that are perfect for a honeymoon. Here are some of the most romantic spots to consider:
- Skytop Lodge: This historic resort offers a secluded and tranquil setting with beautiful gardens, a pristine lake, and a charming lodge. Enjoy activities like hiking, spa treatments, and romantic dinners.
- Cove Haven Resorts: Known for their unique and romantic suites, these resorts feature heart-shaped whirlpool tubs, private pools, and live entertainment. It’s a popular choice for couples seeking an intimate escape.
- Bushkill Falls: Known as the “Niagara of Pennsylvania,” these stunning waterfalls offer a romantic backdrop for a leisurely walk. Visit in the fall for picturesque foliage.
- Delaware Water Gap: This national recreation area offers breathtaking views, scenic drives, and opportunities for hiking, picnicking, and riverfront strolls.
- Hawley: This charming town along Lake Wallenpaupack features quaint shops, waterfront dining, and a serene lakeside setting. It’s perfect for a romantic lakeside getaway.
- Promised Land State Park: A serene and less crowded destination, this park is ideal for couples who enjoy hiking, kayaking, and spending time in nature.
- Jim Thorpe: Known as the “Switzerland of America,” this historic town boasts Victorian architecture, scenic train rides, and charming streets perfect for leisurely strolls.
- Camelback Mountain: Visit during the winter for a romantic skiing or snowboarding getaway, or in the summer for adventure activities like zip-lining and mountain biking.
- Mount Airy Casino Resort: Enjoy a luxurious stay at this resort, complete with a spa, upscale dining, and a casino for a touch of excitement.
- Pocono Palace Resort: Another adults-only resort known for its romantic suites, heart-shaped whirlpools, and activities like paddle boating and snowmobiling.
- Shawnee Inn and Golf Resort: Set along the Delaware River, this historic inn offers a peaceful retreat with golf, river adventures, and cozy accommodations.
- Cherry Valley Vineyards: Sample local wines and enjoy a romantic wine-tasting experience at this picturesque vineyard.
- Promenade Shops at Saucon Valley: For a dose of shopping and dining, this upscale outdoor shopping center offers a romantic atmosphere with restaurants and boutiques.
These romantic locations in the Poconos provide a perfect backdrop for your honeymoon, whether you prefer adventure, relaxation, or a mix of both. Each spot offers a unique experience for you and your loved one to create lasting memories together.