The town of Branson is located in the Ozark Mountains of Missouri, and is famous for its fun and brash attitude. If you’re in the mood to revisit some of your happiest childhood memories with the most important person in your life, this is your ideal honeymoon destination. Branson is a place that takes fun seriously, and you’ll find it full of live entertainment, country music, comedy shows and magic.
The town actually grew as a theater center and has over 50 companies offering live entertainment. The ‘76 Strip, as the section of I-76 that runs through town is known, goes all out with neon lighting, theaters, motels, restaurants, and even wax museums. All that’s needed to complete a nostalgic, exuberant visit is a stash of sticky fudge, and you can find that here too.
You can indulge your inner child with visits to amusement parks like Silver Dollar City and cool off in the summer at water parks like White Water. For outdoor activities, Table Rock Lake is popular destination for hiking, boating, fishing, and camping. To relax and unwind in style, visit a local winery or indulge yourselves with a luxurious spa treatment.
Accommodations in the area include luxurious resort and spas as well as charming B&Bs. You can also find cabin rentals and RV options. Whichever you choose, make it your base of operations to explore the surrounding areas, and a cozy and romantic retreat in the evenings.
At a Glance
- Location. Branson is located in the beautiful Ozark mountains, in the southern part of the state of Missouri.
- The first theater in Branson, the Hillbilly Theater, was built in 1931 and quickly became a popular attraction.
- The live entertainment covers a wide range of choice and includes country music, comedy and magic shows. Past performers like The Temptations, Johnny Cash, Aretha Franklin, The Blues Brothers, Barbara Streisand, Taylor Swift, and Elvis have added to the mystique.
- Another favorite show is Dolly Parton’s Stampede Dinner Attraction, with 32 horses. During the day, you can visit the horses and performers at the Horse Walk.
- The Silver Dollar City amusement park has the world’s tallest, steepest and fastest roller coaster, the Time Traveler.
- A short drive will take you into the spectacular Ozarks with their mountain bluffs, lakes, streams, and hiking paths. Take in the view on scenic drives along Highways 160 and 165 and from Point Lookout at College of the Ozarks.
- Getting there. Branson is an easy day’s drive for about a third of the population of the US. There are frequent air connections to Branson Airport (BKG) and Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF) nearby.
- Take a little railway trip. The Branson Scenic Railway, with its vintage train, runs through the Ozarks.
- Visit a landmark. The Branson Ferris Wheel gives you a view of the surrounding mountain scenery as you go round in dizzy circles. There’s also a light show every night.
- Get an aerial view. Chartered helicopter rides take you on a spectacular trip over the Ozarks.
- Branson Landing is a waterfront one-stop center for shopping, dining, and entertainment.