Acapulco, with its captivating blend of natural beauty and vibrant culture, is an idyllic honeymoon destination. Nestled on Mexico’s Pacific coast, this iconic resort town offers golden beaches, dramatic cliffs, and sparkling waters. Honeymooners can savor romantic sunsets at La Quebrada, where daring cliff divers plunge into the ocean. Explore historic sites like Fort San Diego, unwind at luxurious beachfront resorts, and indulge in authentic Mexican cuisine. Acapulco’s lively nightlife adds a touch of excitement, making it a perfect destination for couples seeking both relaxation and adventure amid the enchanting backdrop of this Pacific paradise.
The 13 Best Honeymoon Resorts in Acapulco
For those seeking a secluded haven where tranquility meets the soothing sounds of the ocean, Bambuddha Acapulco emerges as a hidden gem. This exclusive retreat is not merely a hotel; it’s an invitation to reconnect with oneself amidst the natural beauty of Acapulco. Private Accommodations with Ocean Views: Bambuddha offers…
Banyan Tree Cabo Marques
Experience the allure of Acapulco in an entirely new light at Banyan Tree Cabo Marques, an enchanting haven nestled in the exclusive hideaway of Punta Diamante. This luxurious resort invites honeymooners to rediscover the charm, romance, and breathtaking sunsets that define the essence of Acapulco. Valley View Pool Villa: A…
Tucked away at the pinnacle of Brisas Marques, Encanto Acapulco is a hidden treasure that provides an unparalleled viewpoint for taking in the expanse of the Pacific Ocean. Overlooking Acapulco’s main bay, this upscale hotel offers honeymooners a quiet, private, and secluded alcove where every moment is enveloped in tranquility.…
Las Brisas Acapulco
Nestled in the heart of Acapulco, Las Brisas Acapulco welcomes you to a timeless retreat where relaxation and enjoyment are at the forefront. From the moment you arrive, the warm hospitality and captivating surroundings set the stage for a memorable stay. Many guests return year after year, a testament to…
Quinta Real Acapulco
Nestled in the prestigious Punta Diamante beach area, Quinta Real Acapulco beckons honeymooners to a world of unparalleled luxury and breathtaking ocean views. As you step into this opulent retreat, you’ll discover an oasis of romance and sophistication, where every detail is crafted to elevate your experience. Luxurious Accommodations with…
Embark on a romantic journey to Acapulco, where Elcano Hotel awaits, offering a charming and tranquil environment for honeymooners seeking an intimate escape. Nestled in the heart of Acapulco, this enchanting hotel is designed to enhance your stay with a perfect blend of comfort, convenience, and personalized service. Elegance and…
Fiesta Americana Villas Hotel
The modern charm and welcoming atmosphere of Fiesta Americana Villas Hotel, located in the heart of Acapulco’s bustling Condesa neighborhood, entice honeymooners. This modern hotel creates the perfect retreat for couples looking for a romantic getaway by fusing the warmth of Mexican hospitality with a minimalist aesthetic. Comfort and Amenities…
Real Bananas Hotel & Villas
Real Bananas Hotel & Villas welcomes you to experience the charm of Acapulco in a setting that feels like a true home away from home. Nestled in the heart of Acapulco, this hotel is committed to providing a relaxing and enjoyable retreat, making it a favorite among returning guests year…
Hotel Acapulco Malibu
The Hotel Acapulco Malibu is located in the golden zone of Acapulco, surrounded by luxurious restaurants as well as wonderful malls. It is a small hotel — 80 rooms — perfect for value conscious couples who want to enjoy all of Acapulco’s assets without paying top dollar. It has its…
Pierre Mundo Imperial
Perched on the breathtaking Revolcadero Beach, Pierre Mundo Imperial welcomes newlyweds to experience the kind of private luxury that J. Getty Paul. One of the best in the nation, this upscale resort offers a romantic getaway with Mexican villas, bungalows, and low-rise structures nestled within tropical gardens, providing stunning views…
Camino Real Acapulco Diamante
Nestled within 7 acres of lush tropical vegetation and situated in one of Acapulco’s most luxurious and secure residences, Camino Real Acapulco Diamante invites honeymooners to indulge in a haven of tranquility and luxury. Just a mere 10 minutes from the airport and 15 minutes from the vibrant Costera Avenue,…
Palacio Mundo Imperial
Located in the esteemed Acapulco Diamante neighborhood, Palacio Mundo Imperial is a symbol of comfort, elegance, and a new wave of integrated tourism. This expansive resort, which covers 262,000 square meters and is only 2.5 kilometers from the International Acapulco Airport, provides honeymooners with a luxurious, leisurely, and entertaining haven.…
Gamma Acapulco Copacabana
Nestled in the heart of Acapulco, Gamma Acapulco Copacabana beckons honeymooners with its family-friendly charm, providing a perfect blend of comfort and convenience. Your “home away from home” awaits, offering cozy rooms equipped with modern amenities, including a flat-screen TV and air conditioning. Stay connected effortlessly with complimentary Wi-Fi, ensuring…
Average Cost of a One Week Acapulco Honeymoon
Estimating the cost of a one-week honeymoon in Acapulco involves considering various factors such as travel preferences, the time of year, and specific activities planned. Here’s a general breakdown:
Round-trip airfare to Acapulco varies based on your departure location, time of booking, and the season. On average, expect to spend $500 to $1,200 per person. Consider booking in advance or looking for travel deals to secure more favorable rates.
Acapulco offers a range of accommodations, from boutique hotels to luxury resorts. Prices vary based on the type of lodging and the time of year. On average, hotel costs can range from $80 to $300 per night.
For a one-week stay, estimated accommodation costs could range from $560 to $2,100, depending on your choice of lodging.
Daily expenses cover meals, transportation within Acapulco, entertainment, and any planned activities. Acapulco is known for its diverse culinary scene, with budget-friendly and upscale dining options.
Budget around $30 to $70 per day per person for meals, and an additional $20 to $50 per day for transportation, activities, and miscellaneous expenses.
Considering these estimates, budgeting around $50 to $120 per day per person for daily expenses is reasonable.
Average Total Cost
- Airfare: $1,000 to $2,400 (for two people)
- Accommodations: $560 to $2,100
- Daily Expenses: $700 to $1,680 (for two people)
These are general estimates, and actual costs can vary based on factors such as travel dates, specific activities, and personal spending habits. Acapulco offers a variety of experiences for different budgets, from relaxing on the beach to exploring the local culture. Consider looking for travel packages, deals, or promotions to help manage costs and enhance your honeymoon experience.
Best Time to Visit Acapulco
The best time to visit Acapulco for your honeymoon depends on your preferences for weather, crowds, and specific activities. Here are considerations for different seasons:
- Dry Season (November to April):
- Pros: This period is Acapulco’s dry season, characterized by sunny days and minimal rainfall. It’s an excellent time for outdoor activities, beach relaxation, and water sports.
- Cons: It is the high tourist season, so accommodation prices may be higher, and popular attractions may be more crowded.
- Shoulder Seasons (May and October):
- Pros: May and October mark the transition between the dry and wet seasons. Accommodation prices may be more moderate, and crowds are generally smaller.
- Cons: There’s a slight increase in humidity, and there’s a chance of brief rain showers.
- Wet Season (June to September):
- Pros: Lower accommodation prices and fewer tourists. It’s a good time for budget-conscious travelers, and rain showers are typically short-lived.
- Cons: Higher humidity, increased chance of rain, and the possibility of tropical storms or hurricanes, particularly in September.
Consider the specific activities you want to enjoy during your honeymoon. If you prefer a quieter experience with fewer crowds and can tolerate some rain, the shoulder seasons may be appealing. If you prioritize sunny weather and plan to engage in outdoor activities, the dry season is ideal, despite higher tourist numbers.
Keep in mind that Acapulco can be particularly lively during major events and festivals, so check the local calendar for any celebrations or cultural events that align with your interests. Regardless of the season, Acapulco’s warm climate and stunning beaches provide a romantic backdrop for a memorable honeymoon.
About Honeymooning in Acapulco
Honeymooning in Acapulco offers a blend of rich culture, vibrant cuisine, and the stunning backdrop of the Pacific coast. Here’s what you should know:
- Warm Hospitality: Acapulco is known for its warm and welcoming hospitality. The locals, known as Acapulqueños, often take pride in sharing their cultural traditions with visitors.
- Cultural Events: Check for local events or festivals happening during your visit. Acapulco hosts various cultural events, music festivals, and celebrations throughout the year.
- Mexican Peso (MXN): The official currency of Mexico is the Mexican Peso. While some places may accept U.S. dollars, it’s advisable to have some pesos for local transactions. ATMs are readily available for currency exchange.
- Seafood Delights: Acapulco’s cuisine is influenced by its coastal location. Enjoy an array of fresh seafood dishes, including ceviche, grilled fish, and shrimp prepared with local spices and flavors.
- Traditional Mexican Dishes: Indulge in traditional Mexican cuisine such as tacos, tamales, and enchiladas. Explore local markets for authentic street food experiences.
- Drinks: Try local beverages like horchata, tamarind agua fresca, and, of course, the classic margarita. Acapulco’s nightlife offers lively bars with live music and dance.
Embrace the vibrant culture, savor the diverse cuisine, and create lasting memories in Acapulco, a destination that offers both relaxation and cultural exploration for a romantic honeymoon experience.
Best Activities for an Acapulco Honeymoon
Acapulco, with its stunning beaches, vibrant nightlife, and cultural attractions, offers a variety of romantic activities for honeymooners. Here are some of the best activities to consider during your Acapulco honeymoon:
- Sunset Cruise:
- Experience a romantic sunset cruise along Acapulco Bay. Many operators offer private boat charters, complete with dinner and entertainment, providing a perfect setting for an intimate evening.
- La Quebrada Cliff Divers:
- Witness the iconic La Quebrada cliff divers. Head to the cliffs to see skilled divers perform daring leaps into the Pacific Ocean, a tradition that has captivated audiences for decades.
- Romantic Dinner on the Beach:
- Arrange a private dinner on the beach with your partner. Many resorts and restaurants offer beachfront dining, creating a magical atmosphere with the sound of waves and a view of the moonlit sea.
- Historical Sites Exploration:
- Explore historical sites such as Fort San Diego, which provides a glimpse into Acapulco’s maritime history. The Church of Our Lady of Solitude offers a tranquil setting with panoramic views.
- Beach Day at Playa Icacos or Playa Revolcadero:
- Enjoy a relaxing day on the golden sands of Acapulco’s beautiful beaches. Playa Icacos and Playa Revolcadero are popular choices for sunbathing, swimming, and beachside activities.
- Water Sports and Snorkeling:
- Engage in water sports like jet-skiing, parasailing, or paddleboarding. Consider a snorkeling adventure to explore the underwater beauty of the Pacific Ocean.
- Romantic Walks on the Malecón:
- Take leisurely strolls along the Malecón, a seaside promenade, especially in the evening when the lights create a romantic ambiance.
- Cultural Performances:
- Attend cultural performances, such as traditional Mexican music and dance shows. Some resorts host themed evenings with live entertainment for a cultural experience.
- Spa Day:
- Indulge in a couples massage or a spa day at one of Acapulco’s luxurious spas. Relax and rejuvenate together in a tranquil and romantic setting.
- Shopping at Mercado de Artesanías:
- Explore the Mercado de Artesanías for unique souvenirs and local crafts. It’s a great place to pick up mementos of your honeymoon.
- Island Escape to Isla Roqueta:
- Take a boat to Isla Roqueta for a day of snorkeling, relaxing on secluded beaches, and exploring the island’s natural beauty.
- Dine at a Romantic Restaurant:
- Acapulco boasts a variety of restaurants offering romantic settings and delicious cuisine. Enjoy a candlelit dinner with ocean views at one of the waterfront establishments.
Remember to tailor your activities to your interests and preferences. Acapulco provides a perfect blend of adventure, relaxation, and cultural experiences, making it an ideal destination for a memorable honeymoon.
Weather in Acapulco
Acapulco, situated on Mexico’s Pacific coast, experiences a tropical climate with warm temperatures throughout the year. Here’s an overview of the weather in Acapulco:
- Dry Season:
- Temperature Range: Daytime temperatures typically range from 80°F to 90°F (27°C to 32°C).
- Characteristics: This period is Acapulco’s dry season, characterized by sunny and warm days. Rainfall is minimal, making it an ideal time for outdoor activities and beach outings.
- Wet Season:
- Temperature Range: Daytime temperatures often range from 85°F to 95°F (29°C to 35°C).
- Characteristics: The wet season brings higher humidity and the possibility of afternoon or evening rain showers. The rain is usually short-lived, and the landscape becomes lush and green.
- Hurricane Season:
- Characteristics: Acapulco is within the hurricane-prone zone, and the peak of the hurricane season occurs from June to November. While hurricanes rarely make direct landfall in Acapulco, there can be an increased risk of storms, especially in September.
It’s important to note that even during the wet season, rainfall tends to be sporadic, and there are still plenty of sunny days. The humidity is higher, but many travelers find this time enjoyable for its lush landscapes and fewer crowds.
When planning your honeymoon, consider your preference for weather conditions. The dry season, especially from November to April, is popular for its consistently sunny and warm days, making it ideal for various outdoor activities and beach relaxation. Always check the weather forecast closer to your travel dates for the most accurate information.
Is Acapulco Safe for a Honeymoon?
Acapulco, like many tourist destinations, has experienced fluctuations in safety perceptions over the years. While Acapulco remains a popular tourist destination, it’s essential to be mindful of certain safety considerations:
- Tourist Areas:
- Popular tourist areas, including the main resort zones and beaches, are generally considered safe for visitors. These areas are well-monitored and patrolled by local authorities.
- Safety Precautions:
- Practice standard safety precautions such as securing your belongings, using reputable transportation, and being aware of your surroundings. Avoid displaying expensive items in public.
- Acapulco is known for its vibrant nightlife. If you plan to enjoy the nightlife, choose well-established and reputable venues. It’s advisable to travel in groups and use official transportation options.
- Local Advice:
- Seek advice from local residents or your accommodation staff regarding safe areas, recommended transportation, and current conditions. Locals often have valuable insights into the current situation.
- Weather Considerations:
- If traveling during the hurricane season (June to November), stay informed about weather forecasts and any potential advisories. Acapulco can experience tropical storms or hurricanes during this period.
- Government Travel Advisories:
- Check for any travel advisories issued by your government or relevant authorities before planning your trip. These advisories can provide up-to-date information on safety and security.
- Resort Security:
- If staying at a resort, inquire about on-site security measures. Many resorts have security personnel and protocols in place to ensure the safety of their guests.
- Local Laws and Customs:
- Familiarize yourself with local laws and customs to ensure a respectful and trouble-free experience. Acapulco, like any destination, has its cultural norms that visitors should be aware of.
It’s important to note that while Acapulco has faced challenges related to crime, efforts have been made to enhance security measures and promote tourism safety. By taking standard precautions and staying informed, many visitors enjoy their time in Acapulco without encountering issues.
Before traveling, consider checking recent travel reviews, consulting with travel experts, and staying updated on any changes in the local situation. Ultimately, exercising caution and being mindful of your surroundings contribute to a safer and more enjoyable honeymoon experience.
Most Romantic Spots in Acapulco
Acapulco, with its stunning landscapes and vibrant atmosphere, offers several romantic locations perfect for a honeymoon. Here are some of the most romantic spots in Acapulco:
- La Quebrada:
- Witness the breathtaking cliff diving performances at La Quebrada, especially during the evening. The combination of the daring dives and the backdrop of the Pacific Ocean creates a mesmerizing and romantic atmosphere.
- Pie de la Cuesta:
- Head to Pie de la Cuesta to enjoy a serene and romantic beach setting away from the bustling city. This area is known for its picturesque sunsets and tranquil surroundings.
- Chapel of Peace (Capilla de la Paz):
- Perched atop a hill, the Chapel of Peace offers panoramic views of Acapulco Bay. Visit during the late afternoon to witness a romantic sunset over the Pacific.
- Beachfront Dining:
- Choose one of Acapulco’s beachfront restaurants for a romantic dinner with the sound of waves and the moonlit sea as your backdrop. Many establishments offer candlelit tables on the sand.
- Isla Roqueta:
- Take a boat trip to Isla Roqueta for a day of exploration and relaxation on secluded beaches. The natural beauty of the island provides a romantic escape.
- Palma Sola Archaeological Site:
- Explore the Palma Sola Archaeological Site, an ancient petroglyph site with engravings dating back centuries. The historic and tranquil ambiance adds a romantic touch to the visit.
- Botanical Gardens of Acapulco:
- Wander through the Botanical Gardens of Acapulco, a peaceful and scenic location with lush greenery, exotic plants, and walking trails. It’s an ideal spot for a romantic stroll.
- Bungalows Princess Hotel:
- Stay at the Bungalows Princess Hotel, which offers private bungalows with stunning views of the ocean. The secluded atmosphere provides an intimate setting for honeymooners.
- Fort of San Diego (Fuerte de San Diego):
- Explore the Fort of San Diego, a historic site with a backdrop of Acapulco Bay. The fort’s architecture and views make it a romantic spot for couples.
- Papagayo Park:
- Papagayo Park is a charming green space with walking paths, fountains, and sculptures. It’s a peaceful location for a daytime outing or a romantic picnic.
- Puerto Marqués:
- Puerto Marqués, a bay adjacent to Acapulco Bay, offers a quieter and more secluded atmosphere. Consider taking a boat tour for a romantic cruise in this picturesque area.
- Tres Palos Lagoon:
- Escape to Tres Palos Lagoon for a peaceful and romantic boat ride through the mangroves. It’s a serene setting away from the hustle and bustle.
Whether you prefer the excitement of cliff diving, the tranquility of a secluded beach, or the historic charm of ancient sites, Acapulco provides a diverse range of romantic experiences for honeymooners.