Welcome to Boston, MA, one of the main hubs for the birth of America itself. But as intriguing as sites like the Freedom Trail, Liberty Bell, and Paul Revere House are, this history-laden city has much more to offer than just a live-action adventure for history buffs. Bustling nightlife, a dining scene on par with the best in the globe, gorgeous parks, and live music galore are only the beginning -- Boston offers an endless variety of ways to write your own romantic history within a centuries-old city.
Catch a Broadway play at the Wang Theater. Stroll hand-in-hand through the oldest Botanical Garden in the United States. Release your inner Zen and rejuvenate at relaxing organic spas. Catch a show from the world-renowned Boston Symphony Orchestra. Gussy up and head out for an evening on the nightclub scene. Whether it’s honeymoon culture you crave, or all fun and games, Boston has something for every kind of couple.
Our Top Recommendations
The Best Parts of Boston
Tips & Advice
Tips & Advice+
- GETTING IN: Most flights arrive at Logan airport (BOS). From there, getting a taxi to most Boston hotels is easy, as Logan is less than three miles from the city center.
- GETTING AROUND: Boston is known for being an extremely foot-friendly city. Renting a car isn’t worth it unless you’ll be driving to other parts of New England, so walk, bike, and take the “T,” or subway, to travel around.
- WHEN TO GO: Winter weather can be extreme in New England, so most honeymooners will want to go during the pleasant spring. That said, prices are lower during winter. Fall is gorgeous as well with the oranges and yellows from the changing leaves, and Summer is fun but attracts larger crowds. May and September sees a rise in prices due to demand stemming from all the local colleges and universities.
- MIND YOUR SHOES: Chances are, you’ll be doing a lot of walking. Sure, you want a fancy outfit (or three) for romantic nights out, but for exploring the city during the day, don't forget your best walking shoes.
HELPFUL HONEYMOON HINTS
- SKYWALKERS: Get a full 360-degree view of Boston's skyline from the Skywalk Observatory.
- CHARLES RIVER GONDOLAS: Get a Venetian-style Gondola ride down the Charles River. Sip champagne and nibble fine cheeses while the city peacefully passes you by.
- BREWERIES & BEER GARDENS: Experience the beer largely responsible for today’s craft beer craze with a tour of the Sam Adams brewery. Or see what Boston’s newest micro-brewers have to offer at one of the city’s trendy beer gardens or old-timey pubs.
- BOSTON BIKING: From historical sites to riverside rambling, Boston is an urban biker’s dream come true. Book a local bike tour and see a ton of sights in just a few hours, or just rent a couple of bikes and explore on your own.
- WALK THE FREEDOM TRAIL: Boston’s Freedom Trail lets you see 16 historical sites in just 2.5 miles, making it a must-do for history lovers.
- Seafood Smorgasbord: Clam chowder, crab legs, fresh-caught lobster and Atlantic fish off the boat that morning…in Boston, seafood lovers can get the freshest fare around.
- HIGH ART: If you’re a fan of orchestras, don’t pass up a chance to see the Boston Symphony perform live. It’s a once-in-a-lifetime cultural experience!