Sevierville is located in eastern Tennessee, where the foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains meet the Tennessee River Valley. It’s a town with a colorful past and a vibrant cultural life, in a setting of unique natural beauty. So whatever your preferences for your honeymoon trip – luxurious spas, a rustic getaway, mountain scenery, music, arts and crafts – you’ll find it all here. In fact, you’ll want to keep coming back for anniversaries as well.
There are luxury resorts and spas where you can chill out and enjoy your time together. Or you can go for a more rustic experience with cabin rentals. Or combine the best of both worlds and try glamping in an RV Park. Whichever accommodation you choose, you can make it your home base to enjoy the attractions and natural beauty around you.
At a Glance
- Sevierville has been a tourist destination since the Great Smoky Mountains National Park was created in 1934.
- You’ll find beauty and excitement here. Against a backdrop of the mountains misted over in their namesake blue haze, you’ll find music, entertainment, shopping, crafts villages, art galleries, and even a NASCAR speedpark.
- The spectacular Forbidden Caverns were once used by the moonshiners to hide their wares.
- There are plenty of theme parks and amusement parks nearby, with enough thrilling rides to satisfy the most adventurous.
- Wineries and spas provide a romantic setting for quieter times.
- Sevierville is the birthplace of Dolly Parton and they both cherish the connection. Dollywood and Dollywood Splash Country are Appalachian-themed amusement parks established by the musician. Her hometown reciprocated by setting up a statue of Dolly as a young girl with her guitar in downtown Sevierville. There’s also a parkway named after her.
- The town is just ten miles from Smokey Mountains National Park. There are plenty of hiking trails to choose from, and stunning scenery with waterfalls, old forest, and magical mountains.
- Sevierville is also a shoppers’ paradise, with the nearby Tanger Outlet stores and intriguing flea markets for hours of happy couples browsing.
- The easiest way to get there is by car. Nothing says romance like a road trip to the mountains. Take Interstate 40 to Exit 407.
- Commercial flights serve McGhee Tyson Airport (TYS) in Knoxville, about an hour away.
- Take a helicopter trip. What better way to see the grand vistas of the Smoky Mountains than from the air? You can take helicopter tours starting in Sevierville that will show you the mountains, the foothills, the cities of Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge or Sevierville, or you can take the trip that lets you see it all.
- Take pictures. Stop for selfies at the scenic overlooks, the statue of Dolly Parton in downtown Sevierville, the cider mill, the distilleries and the spa. These are photographs and memories you will treasure for a long time.
- Stop at a local winery or distillery. Sample the local wines made from Tennessee grapes. Or check out the moonshine, no longer illegal. Buy a bottle to bring home the memories of your happy, chilled honeymoon.
- Catch a music show or festival. This is the home of bluegrass and country music and you’ll find a amazing performances from famous names as well as unknown artists.
- Rent a luxury cabin, ideal for your romantic getaway. Retreat to your cozy nest in the evenings and spend some time in the hot tub. Or just enjoy sitting on the deck in side by side chairs, with glasses of wine at hand, and enjoy the mountain scenery as the sun sets and stars come out one by one.