Straddling the Nevada-California border, Lake Tahoe is a recreational wonderland with everything from charming lakeside towns and intimate restaurants to glitzy high-rise casinos. A crystal blue lake surrounded by pine forests and snow-capped mountains, Lake Tahoe has enough romantic scenery to rival the European alps. That’s just one reason why Lake Tahoe honeymoons are the perfect choice for couples seeking natural beauty to take their breath away.
The lake is the perfect place for swimming and boating, and the mountains that surround it are a natural playground for skiers, hikers, bikers and campers. The lakefront scenery provides a truly special place to watch for shooting stars or steal a sweet honeymoon kiss, and the towns around the lake all have their own special character, making exploring them on your honeymoon getaway all the more exciting.
There’s the relaxed mountain “hippy” town of Tahoe City on the California side, and Crystal Bay, with historic casinos and romantic lakefront dining, on the Nevada side. The lake and surrounding areas provide beautiful venues for outdoor concerts, and the towns all along the shore are brimming with great little restaurants, hidden nature trails, nightclubs and casinos just waiting to be discovered. Whether it’s winter sports, summer recreation or simple relaxation, a honeymoon in Lake Tahoe means jaw-dropping panoramic views of some of the most beautiful natural scenery in the western United States.
About Lake Tahoe
At a Glance
Lake Tahoe, Nevada is a land with no limits and a natural playground for couples that love the great outdoors. Newlyweds get the best of the natural world in every season; you can ski in the winter and then hike those same trails come summer. No matter what time of year, youve got the same great shopping, romantic restaurants and gambling against a breathtakingly beautiful landscape that includes a lake view, towering pines and mountain peaks.
- HIT THE SLOPES: Ski resorts abound in the Nevada towns surrounding Lake Tahoe. No matter your skill level, there are slopes for every speed offering amazing views of the snow-capped peaks. Diamond Peak has wide, easy slopes while Heavenly Mountain offers more plunges and glade skiing for couples that want to get their adrenaline pumping!
- BEACHES AND WATERSPORTS: Lake Tahoe is situated around the largest alpine lake in North America. The unique beauty of the lakeside beaches in Lake Tahoe, Nevada are as perfect for relaxation as they are for recreation. With over 27 miles of sprawling sandy beaches, Nevada is the beach honeymoon destination you didn’t know existed. Zephyr Cove, Round Hill Pines Beach and Nevada Beach are all good options for honeymooners looking for fun in the sun.
- USE THE LAKE: Scuba divers will be impressed with the underwater clarity of Lake Tahoe, and the waters are ideal for white water rafting and kayaks. In the winter months, take advantage of natural hot springs at Grover Hot Springs State Park.
- ROLL THE DICE: You took a chance on each other, now take one with Lady Luck on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe. The 24-hour high-rise casinos offer the excitement of Vegas-style gambling without the bustling crowd. Harrah’s Lake Tahoe and Montbleu Resort & Casino are just two of the prominent casinos on this side of the lake.
Have fun on the slots, spread your chips on the roulette table or try your hand at poker. Most of the casinos are conveniently located next to the lake and slopes, offering visitors more to do without having to travel far.
- FUNKY SHOPPING: Whether you’re shopping for luxuries or looking for an eccentric gift to bring home, Nevada’s Lake Tahoe has what your looking for. With hundreds of local shops, boutiques and outlets, it won’t be hard to find something worth splurging on. Incline Village and Crystal Bay have large shopping plazas while South Lake Tahoe offers handcrafted art and funky galleries. Lake Tahoe is also the perfect place to shop for new outdoor gear.
- MOUNTAIN CULTURE: How can anyone visiting Lake Tahoe not appreciate the majestic beauty and tranquility of their surroundings? Relish in the vistas of Lake Tahoe while enjoying a live outdoor performance at the Shakespeare Festival in Incline Village. You’ve haven’t realized the full potential of a Shakespearean play until you’ve attended an outdoor performance with a mountainous backdrop. Bring a basket lunch and wine to elevate the romance factor.