At a Glance
The Brando is a unique luxury resort on French Polynesia’s breathtakingly beautiful private island of Tetiaroa – an atoll composed of a dozen small islands surrounding a sparkling lagoon 30 miles northeast of Tahiti. The Brando offers carefree luxury in the midst of pristine nature. With access to the island by private plane, the resort features 35 villas on white-sand beaches frequented by sea turtles, manta rays and exotic birds. The resort was designed to reflect Polynesian lifestyles and culture.
- Snorkeling in the coral gardens and entire lagoon
- Exploration of the lagoon by kayak, Polynesian outrigger canoe (va’a) or with a stand up paddle board
- Scuba lessons in the lagoon, and open ocean scuba diving outside the reef.
- Deep-sea fishing
- Fitness coaching and fitness classes: aquafitness, circuit training, body sculpt, body dance, body attitude. Private
- classes available upon request.
- Meals / Dinner shows
- Private romantic dinner on the beach
- Traditional Tahitian dance shows weekly
- After Dinner Entertainment On The Beach
- Music at Bob’s Bar outdoor lounge on the beach or at Te Manu Bar
- Naturalist lectures presented by a scientist or one of our naturalist guides
- Day Tour to Tahiti or Moorea: Full day tour of either island
- Polynesia dance lessons
- Polynesian music lessons with ukulele, pahu or toere
- Polynesian weaving lessons
- Pareu dyeing and tying
- Tahitian cuisine demonstrations
- Modern and Polynesian spa treatments
- Biologist of the Day Excursions with Naturalist Guides
- Bird discovery tour
- Reef quest
- Exploration of Motu Onetahi on a naturalist trail
- A unique tour of the atoll on a comfortable roofed boat with a naturalist guide
- Guided tour with researcher
- Beachcomber Café: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Our Beachcomber Café restaurant offers exceptional lagoon and ocean views, whether you decide to dine indoors or on the beach. Dishes include a varied menu of Polynesian-inspired dishes alongside classic French cuisine.
- Mutinés: dinner service. This intimate venue features elegant décor in beautiful tones of tropical light and sand and a moat that surrounds the restaurant provides the sensation of floating on a lagoon. The restaurant also includes a world-class wine cellar in a carefully climate-controlled glass enclosure.
- Nami Teppanyaki: dinner service. Chef Nakamura will be happy to take you on a journey to Japan’s most subtle flavors in the elegant and intimate setting of the Nami teppanyaki restaurant. With three different menus designed around specialties of the land, the sea, and a mix of both, the meals are prepared in front of guests and cooked on a teppanyaki iron griddle. The Nami restaurant also features a selection of sake wines, Japanese beers and a large selection of worldwide wines.
- Bob’s Bar: This is a relaxed and casual setting on the beach for conversation and making friends. The bar is named for Marlon Brando’s factotum on film sets. At the end of many days, Brando and Bob would wind up at the bar for long talks and laughs. We have named the bar in honor of Bob and all others who have worked, and continue to work, anonymously to bring Brando’s visions to life.
- Te Manu Bar: Located on the second floor, this open-air bar features spectacular views of the lagoon, distant motus and sunsets. In addition to the main lounge, there are several private tree-top seating areas that can be reached on walkways through the palm canopy.