Conrad Maldives Rangali Island is an idyllic island paradise with a twin-island design brimming with lush tropical greenery and unparalleled access to the Indian Ocean. Nestled in the South Ari Atoll, renowned for its abundant flora and fauna, the resort combines awe-inspiring surroundings and intuitive service that connects guests with the charm of the Maldives. The resort is an explorer’s playground, surrounded by one of the country’s best diving and snorkeling areas, with whale sharks, manta rays, dolphins, turtles and a sprawling coral reef just a short boat ride away.
Commended for its pioneering achievements, Conrad Maldives Rangali Island prides itself with an offering of a sea of firsts in the Maldives. The first resort to showcase overwater villas built on stilts above the lagoon; the first to open an authentic Chinese restaurant pioneered by a celebrity chef, Ufaa by Jereme Leung. It continues to offer the largest wine lists in the region with over 15,000 bottles and up to 950 labels in The Wine Cellar, the first underground wine cellar built two meters underground. It is also the home to the World’s First Undersea Restaurant – Ithaa. Sitting five meters below the surface of the Indian Ocean, Ithaa offers 180-degree panoramic views of the vibrant coral gardens surrounding it.
Guests planning a quiet getaway can enjoy an authentic Maldivian hideaway on the Rangali Island, our couples only island, while enjoying access to the facilities of our family island, Rangali-Finolhu Island, which are linked by a 500 meter bridge. For a true wellness experience, guests can make their way to The Spa Retreat, an over-water destination spa, set 100-meter off of the tip of the main island.
The resort features 151 beautifully designed villas and is home to The Muraka, the world’s first undersea residence. The Muraka is a unique three bedroom, two-level residence with a master bedroom submerged over 16 feet below sea level. The resort is also a true gourmet’s delight with a choice of 12 restaurants and bars, two spas, a selection of culturally inspired experiences and a kids club – Majaa Explorer Hub featuring a splash park for the little ones.
At Conrad Maldives Rangali Island, guests will experience a sense of style and luxury that connects with the charm of the Maldivian surroundings, in an open and inviting way, tailor-made for pleasure.
Locations and Island Transfers
• Located in the South Ari Atoll and reached by a 30-minute seaplane flight over the Indian Ocean, from Velana International Airport. Seating up to 15 passengers, the seaplane passes over pearl-white islands dotted in the azure ocean below. For evening arrivals, consider a domestic flight transfer or an overnight cruise aboard our luxury yacht, which will gently take you across the island-studded atolls as it travels under the starry night sky for the 150-minute cruise to the resort
Villas and Suites
• Discover 151 villas and suites spanning three distinct locations sprinkled across our twin-islands of Rangali Finolhu Island (suited for families) and Rangali Island (a haven for couples).
• Rangali-Finolhu Island features villas with indoor-outdoor living space that’s architecturally designed to blend effortlessly with the environment. Discover villas and suites on this family island with private gardens, plunge pools, and stairs leading into the Indian Ocean.
• Beach Villa and Deluxe Beach Villa with Pool
• Two Bedroom Deluxe Beach Villa with Pool
• Grand Water Villa and Grand Water Villa with Pool
• Two Bedroom Grand Water Villa and Two Bedroom Grand Water Villa with Pool
Rangali Island features over-water villas with uninterrupted views of the Indian Ocean, ideal for couples and honeymooners. This adults-only island offers complete privacy and seclusion for the perfect romantic getaway.
• Sunrise Water Villa and Sunset Water Villa with Pool
• Deluxe Water Villa with Pool
• Premier Water Villa with Pool
• Two Bedroom Rangali Ocean Pavilion with Pool
• THE MURAKA Residence – a unique three-bedroom, two-level residence with a master bedroom submerged over 16 feet below sea level. “MURAKA,” translated to mean “coral” in Dhivehi, epitomizes how the residence lives and thrives among the natural landscape of the Indian Ocean.
Alchemy at Sea
• Conrad Maldives features two award-winning spas: Located 100 meters off of the tip of Rangali-Finolhu Island, the Spa Retreat offers a holistic and locally
inspired experience which is aimed at relaxing the mind, body, and soul. Set out over the ocean, the Overwater Spa was the first spa in the Maldives to feature glass-floored treatment rooms. For body and mind, choose from a selection of yoga and fitness classes, set against an inspiring Maldivian backdrop.