British Virgin Islands
British Virgin Islands Overview
The perfect setting for your Caribbean Honeymoon is easily found in the British Virgin Islands. The islands offer bright turquoise water, great year-round weather, clear blue skies, white sand beaches, luxurious accommodations, and warm & friendly hoteliers who cater to newlywed couples. These strikingly beautiful islands offer a relaxing, secluded and exclusive romantic honeymoon . Unlike other more densely populated islands British Virgin Islands remain an undeveloped sanctuary for romantic travelers.
Located in the Caribbean, just east of Puerto Rico, the more than 60 islands form a distinct pattern around the Sir Francis Drake Channel- including the main island of Tortola, creating the backbone of the Channel and Virgin Gorda stretching to form the eastern border. Jost Van Dyke lingers in the west with Anegada remotely north and a series of smaller islands in the south. These diverse islands offer everything from breathtaking vistas, private beaches, and striking azure seas, to lush rainforests, teeming coral reefs, endangered wildlife, and over 20 national parks.
Add to the mix, warm weather, 5-star hotels, fine dining, amazing sailing, snorkeling, diving, and lavish beach weddings, and it’s easy to see why the islands are a perfect destination for any couple.
- Islands: ~Tortola ~Virgin Gorda ~Anegada ~Jost Van Dyke ~Other Islands
Tips and Advice
- AREA CODE: 284
- CAPITAL: Road Town, Tortola
- AIRPORT CODE: Terrance B. Lettsome International Airport (EIS)
- CLIMATE: Average temperatures range from 79-88°F in the summer months (June-August) and 72-82°F in the winter months (December-March)
- LANGUAGE: English (official), Spanish
- ELECTRICITY: 110/220v. American visitors do not need adapter
- TAXES: There is no Sales Tax within the BVI. There are Departure Taxes which include $20.00 per person leaving by air, $5.00 by sea and $7.00 for cruise ship. 7% Accommodation Tax.
- CURRENCY: U.S. Dollar
- GETTING THERE: The most direct way to arrive to the BVI is via San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) with flights being offered by a number of carriers including American Airlines, Delta, Continental and US Airways. From San Juan to Tortola, frequent connecting service is offered by American Eagle, Air Sunshine, LIAT and Cape Air, with occasional service by other airlines and charter flights. If travelers arrive via St. Thomas (STT), connecting flights can be scheduled via Air Sunshine to Tortola, Virgin Gorda, or Anegada. Most travelers can take the 10-minute cab ride from the Cyril E. King Airport to Charlotte Amalie’s Waterfront Drive in down town, St. Thomas or Red Hook to be transported on one of the frequent ferries that service St. Thomas to Tortola. Ferries operate during the daylight hours. For a list of ferry schedules or travel to the British Virgin Islands, please visit www.bvitourism.com
- ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: All travelers entering the British Virgin Islands must have a valid passport with at least six months on it at time of entry. British Virgin Islands tourist visa is not required for citizens of United States for a stay up to 30 days. Visitors wishing to stay longer will need to apply for an extension.
- WHEN TO GO: The British Virgin Islands offer the perfect holiday all year round. Constant trade winds provide a pleasant climate all year round. Highs vary from 80’s in the winter months to mid 90’s in the summer. The winter months (from the week before Christmas to around Easter) are the busiest (high season), with travelers trying to get away from the cold weather. The off-season can range from after Easter until mid December, when the weather is still marvelous but rates are about one-third less.
- TIMEZONE: GMT-4:00. British Virgin Islands do not observe Daylight Savings Time.
WEBSITE Instant Getaway Package: A Romantic Travel Deal to the Hilton Marco Island Resort is a vacation deal that gives you perks like romantic meals, complimentary dinners, late check-out and more! It's discount honeymoons offer that gives you Marco Island's best from the gorgeous Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa. MORE
Chance of a Thunderstorm86°/77°