Where to Begin Planning Your Honeymoon
Start early. Communicate, and talk, talk talk
Honeymoons are a state of mind. Your dreams as well as a host of practical elements have to be combined to make it perfect.
Remember, your honeymoon isn’t only a romantic trip. It is also a chance to relax and spend time together after the wedding. In fact, this is the time when your new life together really begins.
Doing your honeymoon homework really pays off. First, talk to your mate and discuss your honeymoon dreams and fantasies.
Then, ask yourselves the following questions:
- Do we want to get married in the same place we honeymoon?
Destination weddings are a fast growing trend. Marrying in a hotel away from home either alone or with a few friends or family members can save a considerable amount of money. Also, when you honeymoon at the same hotel or resort, you won’t have to pack after the wedding or fun for the airport.
- Do we want to go around the corner or around the world?
Figure out how long you can be away and arrive at a general budget.
This will determine how far you can go.
- Do we want to save or splurge?
This is the trip of a lifetime, so it’s the time to splurge on luxury rooms
and memory making activities if you can afford it.
- Do we want sunshine or snow?
Discuss the climates you like best and choose your honeymoon destination accordingly. Skiers who marry in the summer can honeymoon in South America. Sun lovers who marry in the winter can choose from a variety of beach destinations around the world.
- Do we want to learn something new that we can enjoy together?
You might like to combine your honeymoon with a golf, tennis, skiing or sailing school to learn a sport that you can enjoy together for the rest of your lives.
- Do we want an all inclusive resort, a cruise, a honeymoon package or a trip tailored for just the two of us?Each of these options has advantages. Choose the one that matches your dreams. All-inclusive resorts are an easy way to go. Most meals, sports equipment, tips, and some drinks are part of the price. Honeymoon packages, available from hotels, airlines and tour operators, are designed with romance in mind. They often include special perks that other stays do not. When booking a hotel, ask if they have special packages. If you choose to cruise the ship is your home away from home and most onboard meals and activities are included in the cost. Book early for a table for two in the dining room. If you have a special place in mind and want a trip tailored to your very own wishes and pace, work with a travel agent to make sure that everything you dreamed of is built in.
Now, discuss your budget.
Additional "Honeymoon-tips" Articles
Save on a summer wedding at Marco Beach Ocean Resort on Florida's Paradise Coast with this 2015 wedding special. MORE