Honeymoon Planning Schedule
Your date is set, your dress is chosen and wedding plans are underway, but don’t leave your honeymoon till last. Plan ahead to make it perfect.
Most couples leave right after the wedding or the next day. If you plan to spend your wedding night in town, book a large room or suite in a nearby hotel at least six months in advance. If you have an early flight departure, check out rooms in airport hotels.
6-9 months out:
- Decide on your destination, find a travel agent, make an
appointment and discuss your wants and needs. Book your
resort, air reservations, airport transfers, can rentals and
any other special arrangements. Ask about the airline’s
baggage regulations. If you have particular dietary or other
needs, this is the time to mention them. Don’t forget to
reserve a GPS for your rental car if you need one.
- Get your passports. If your passport is in your maiden name,
you airline ticket should be too. Let your travel agent know this
before any flights are booked.
- Find out what the temperature in your destination will be
- Call the nearest Tourist Office of your destination and
request brochures and information. Ask for names of
romantic restaurants. Check out their web site.
- Buy a guidebook
2 months out:
- Plan your wardrobe
- Buy luggage if necessary
1 month out:
- Ask your travel agent to re-confirm all arrangements.
- Make sure that all of your hotels, resorts, and airlines know that you
are on your honeymoon.
- Double check that your room has a king size bed and an ocean,
mountain or panoramic view.
Your wedding day:
Get a copy of your marriage certificate to carry with your travel documents.