How to Pack for a Honeymoon
The secret to packing for one of the most special trips of your life lies in planning ahead, making and editing lists and building in special romance.
You’ll want to look your best morning, noon and night but stay within the confines of your allowed luggage size and weight allowance. This means plenty of planning and color mix and match. List every outfit you’d like to take, including jewelry and accessories, then eliminate the ones that don’t combine with others.
- Pack each outfit and its accessories in large plastic bags
- Include more sexy lingerie and sleep wear than usual
- Pack a few romantic touches (sachets, scented travel candles or maybe a small pot of caviar, his favorite candy bar, or a disc player with your
- Pack shoes in the bottom and fill them with small items.
- Roll daytime clothes when you can. Pack dressy outfits in plastic bags
from the dry cleaner to keep them wrinkle free.
- Layer everything. Put crushable items, such as workout clothes, on the
bottom and the most fragile ones on top.
- Fold carefully. Turn jacket sleeves inside out. Place sweaters, socks, tee shirts and smaller items between shoes.
- Pack all liquids in plastic bags. Put travel sized cosmetics in plastic bags in your carryon.
- Pack sunglasses, medicines, your bathing suit and cover up and one change of clothes in your carryon.