Deciding what to wear on honeymoon is something any new bride or groom thinks about, but who has the time to think about that when you are in the midst of putting together one of the biggest and most important events of your life? Understanding how it is, we came up with some ideas and a check list, along with some tips on how to prepare yourself to make packing a breeze.
Keep In Mind…..
- You’re going to be taking more photos than usual, so you’ll want to look your best. Pack ONLY the a-list items and splurge where and when you can.
- You may lose weight with the stress of the wedding planning, so be sure to have a few sizes in your honeymoon wardrobe pile.
- Know your destination. Is the resort casual or is it formal? What plans you are making for dinner? All of this will help you make a plan for what you need to pack.
- Don’t forget to bring the sex appeal. This is your honeymoon for Pete’s Sake! Toss out the old PJ’s and go sexy. If sexy isn’t your style, at the very least pack NEW pajamas!
- Know your excursions. Have an idea of what you plan on doing. For example, if you plan on riding down the beach on a horse at sunset, you’re going to need pants or long shorts, in addition to shoes that won’t fly off.
- If you plan on hiking, biking or even taking an ATV tour, pack appropriate clothing. Nothing can ruin a fun day more then having a rash, irritated skin or blisters. Trust us, it will put a damper on your fun night.
- Coordinate your jewelry so that you can pack as lightly as possible, but still look hip and fresh.
- Utilize companies that promote summer and resort clothing ALL YEAR LONG that market to honeymooners. They know what you need!
- Shop around months in advance. The time of year you are getting married is important. If you want to have all new clothes for your trip, do not wait until the last minute to pull out your packing. Lay out what you think you can use from what you already have, then make a plan to acquire all of your new honeymoon styles.
- If you want it, buy it. Don’t trust that it will be there when you get back. If you get your heart set on something, it is never that easy to find it again. Especially if it’s out of season!
- If you are getting married in a winter month, be sure to shop resort wear in any of the larger department stores. If you plan far enough in advance, you can start shopping months before your big day, when cute summer clothes are out.
- Consider your destination before shopping. If you are going to an island, you will want flowing fabrics and sexy swimsuits. If you are going to a cold weather locale, splurge for the stylish snow suit, and think classy and simple fashions for Europe.
- Buy for each other when you can and the prices are right!