Take a few precautions to make your honeymoon happier and hassle free.
- Leave a copy of your itinerary including hotel telephone numbers and e mail addresses with a family member or friend. Add your name and address and place another copy in your suitcase.
- Consider purchasing trip insurance to cover lost baggage, weather delays, cancellations or other unforeseen circumstances.
- If your bags are black, mark them with a colored ribbon, a decal or a distinctive luggage tag. The name on the tag should match the name on your airline ticket.
- Carry a collapsible bag You never know the souvenirs you'll snag while on your honeymoon - it's always good to pack extra storage just in case!
- Never pack jewelry, medicines or other valuables in your suitcase. Put them in your carry on.
- Consider sending suitcases, golf clubs or other large sports equipment ahead by UPS or Fed Ex if you are honeymooning within the USA. They will be waiting for you at your hotel upon arrival.