By now you've probably heard of Bitcoin, the newfangled digital currency that just keeps getting bigger...and whatever your opinion on it is, it looks like it's here to stay! With a single bitcoin now worth over $10,000 as of this writing, even big banks, governments, and financial journalists are now taking the digital asset seriously. So when we discovered a way that honeymooners can actually earn free bitcoin just for planning their romantic getaway of a lifetime, it was just too interesting not to share!
The secret to earning free bitcoin for your honeymoon is a service we found called Lolli. Lolli has partnered with hundreds of merchants, allowing couples to book their honeymoons as they usually would -- through vendors like Hotels.com, SeatGeek, and many others -- and earn small amounts of bitcoin (also known as satoshis, or "sats") back on every booking! And no, you don't get charged more...you just download the Lolli browser extension, book your dream trip, and wait for the satoshis to roll in. If bitcoin skyrockets again in price like it did in 2017, some parts of your honeymoon could end up paying for themselves.
Hey, it could happen. After all, today pretty much all money exists in digital format anyway. There are even full-service online banks with no physical branches. And if the price of bitcoin tanks, you don't lose anything, so there's literally no risk. Lolli also makes it easy, so you don't have to already have a bitcoin wallet set up or know any of the good ole' geeky technical stuff about nodes, Proof of Work, or cryptography (thank goodess).
If it sounds too good to be true, that's because usually things like this are. But we've vetted this service, and it's the real deal.
And to be clear, Lolli is not a Honeymoons.com partner. But if bitcoin superfans are correct about where the cryptocurrency is headed, your honeymoon could end up even being profitable sometime down the road. And that would be basically the coolest wedding gift to yourselves ever. For full disclosure, we did send this post to them first just to make sure it didn't have any factual errors regarding how their service works, but that's it! They didn't collaborate or pay us for the content.
So what parts of your honeymoon can you actually use to earn free bitcoin, and how much will you get? It all depends on where and how much you spend. Spend bigger for your honeymoon, and you'll get more satoshis (or "sats") back. Different merchants on Lolli offer different amounts of bitcoin rewards, but here are a few of our favorite ways you can earn on every part of your special trip:
Flights, Hotels, & Car Rentals:
Earn bitcoin on your flights, hotels, and car rentals by booking with one of these merchants:
- TripAdvisor: Booking a flight or hotel through TripAdvisor gets you up to 2.5% back in bitcoin!
- Booking.com: Booking.com offers up to 3.5% back in bitcoin. Honeymoon hard, and it might pay off!
- Hotels.com: Choose Hotels.com with Lolli, and you'll get up to 3.5% back in digital moolah.
- Priceline: Depending on what you book, using Priceline with Lolli can get you 2.5% to 4.5% back.
- Hilton: Book that top-floor honeymoon suite directly with Hilton Hotels, and Lolli will snag you up to 3.5% of your total back!
- Hotwire: Hotwire is an option for "stacking sats" with Lolli as well, but they only offer up to 1.5% back in bitcoin rewards.
- VRBO: VRBO is a great way to find unique accommodations, and you can get up to 4.5% back in free bitcoin.
- Marriott Bonvoy: Marriott owns a ton of different hotel brands, and they offer generous bitcoin rewards with Lolli -- up to 2.5% to 6.5%, to be exact!
Honeymoon Activities, Romantic Meals & Date Nights:
Arrange a hot honeymoon date night with these booking services, and Lolli will hook you up with free bitcoin:
- SeatGeek: Book concerts, sporting events, and more with SeatGeek and get up to 2.5% back! Whether it's Post Malone or the Boston Red Sox, use SeatGeek to book your honeymoon activities and you'll win big in BTC.
- Groupon: With Groupon, you can get amazing deals on everything from romantic dinner dates and sunset cruises to couple's massages and endorphine-pumping kart racing sessions. Lolli has teamed up with Groupon to give you up to 9% back in bitcoin, in addition to the deal you're already getting. Basically, booking honeymoon activities through Groupon and Lolli gives you the deal of a lifetime on everything you do during your honeymoon.
Beauty & Fashion:
Everyone wants to look their best on their trip of a lifetime. You can get free BTC back for that sexy swimsuit you're thinking of buying to surprise your new hubby when you hit the beach. Or get some new makeup and make money while you gussy up for that fancy dinner date. Just shop with these merchants using the Lolli extension:
- Sephora: Shop makeup and more, and get up to 4.5% back! Macy's offers up to 4.5% back as well.
- Lululemon: Get ready for a sizzling getaway with a new bikini or a sporty maxi dress to keep your new husband guessing! Lululemon offers up to 1.5% back. For even more back in bitcoin, try Gap for 3.5%, or Old Navy (also 3.5%).
- Bloomingdale's: This trusted name in clothes, apparel, and more offers up to an impressive 4.5% back. In order to stay competitive Saks Fifth Avenue offers up to 4.5% as well!
- Everlane: This major name in women and men's fashions offers impressive cryptocurrency rewards with Lolli. Order with Everlane and get up to 9% back in bitcoin!
- Toms: Snag some new shoes, accessories, and more, and Tom's will give Lolli users up to 2.5% back.
- Swimsuits Direct: This swimsuit shop gives you up to 18% back on your purchase with the Lolli browser extension!
Romance, & More:
- 1-800 Flowers: Flowers are a timeless tradition in romance. Order with 1800flowers.com, one of the original online flower shops, and Lolli can get you up to 5% in BTC rewards.
- AirportParking.com: Unless you Uber it, you'll probably need airport parking. AirportParking.com makes it easy, and gives you a pretty incredible reward of up to 18% back in free bitcoin.
- ONE Condoms: Okay, let's get real. It's your honeymoon, and that means you're probably going to set aside some time for sweet, steamy after-dark romance...but you're also probably not ready to call the stork just yet. Thankfully, you can get up to 18% back in bitcoin with your purchase from ONE condoms. They offer 60 different size combinations for a condom that actually fits -- and that means more pleasure for everyone on your big night.
Tons of Others
This list barely scratches the surface of all the retailers that give you bitcoin back with Lolli. But once you have at least $15 in bitcoin rewards, you have the option of either cashing out to a bank account or, if you're more of a bitcoin connoisseur, to a BTC wallet. Check out Lolli.com for a full list of participating merchants, and you might be turning your honeymoon into a way of building much more than just your undying love for one another.
Get bitcoin back for free on everything you book, and make it a crypto-moon! Who knows, you might even end up being like the guy who got paid thousands of bitcoin for two Papa John's pizzas. At the time the "bitcoin pizza guy" paid the equivalent of $25 for someone to order him the pizzas, but if he held onto all those bitcoins instead of caving to a case of the munchies, he'd have around $80 million today.
That's enough to pay for another honeymoon every day for the rest of your life. Honeymoon with Lolli and give it a shot!