Whether heading on a European holiday, unwinding on a sandy beach, exploring beautiful islands or cruising the seas, check out our “must-haves” for honeymoon packing tips.
You have your list. You’ll check it twice (maybe even more). Let us help you out. Here are some of our tips for that honeymoon-packing list:
- Some of the most important elements are your airline tickets and confirmations. Tip: Adding them in your smartphone can prove quite handy.
- Passports, visas and your driving license are a must!
- When it comes to credit cards, carrying only the ones you will need is a smart decision. Leave the others at home. If you don’t need them, don’t take them.
- Make sure you keep copies of the above-mentioned documents along with a copy of any trip insurance and medical prescriptions.
- Pack a diary with important contact numbers you may need in the case of an emergency: your physician, relatives, and credit card companies.
- Make sure you are carry prescription medication in the original bottles only.
- All luggage should have ID tags!
The main goal is to have a blissful honeymoon. To do so, plan as early as possible. To avoid last minute hassles, check the baggage regulations and restrictions of your airline carrier. Check the health and travel advisories required for your honeymoon destination, in case you want to pack additional medications. Here are some tips to avoid any last minute issues:
- Don’t Wait – Wedding planning takes up much of your time. You have some honeymoons destinations and ideas in your mind, but they may be put on the backburner during the planning. However, leaving it to the very end can make your trip expensive. Take a break from seating charts and flower arrangements and plan that dream honeymoon. Gather all the necessary information in advance. It may not only help you save some cash, but will also give you a breather from your wedding preparations.
- Time Out – Take some time out from your busy schedules to discuss what kind of trip you both want. With so many options to choose from – a tropical island, road trip, historic castles, or all-inclusive resort – you will want to be on the same page for your happily ever after.
- Set A Budget – When deciding on a budget for your honeymoon, be realistic about what you want and can afford to spend on and the kind of experiences you want to share.
- Narrow Down Your Options – Once you have discussed your ideas and budget, individually prepare a list of some of your favorite destinations. Then pick one from each list and do the research. Narrowing it down to two options makes the process a little easier.
- Book Your Airfare And Hotel – Once you’ve narrowed down the destination, it is time to shop for airfare. Want to get the best airline deals? Trying booking your tickets on a Tuesday. When it comes to booking a hotel, go for all-inclusive properties, the best part is they are economical.
Make sure you pack clothes that will suit your destination’s climate. Pack T-shirts, sweatshirts, jackets, and various other items you can layer without hassle. Doing so will allow you to remove or add clothes per the temperature. Comfortable shoes are a must-have for any climate. And don’t forget to bring your favorite swimsuit. Most hotels offer hot tubs or pools that you may want to use.
Carry Your Gadgets
Make sure you have a universal adapter, charging cords, headphones and have downloaded some of your favorite movies or books. Your smartphone can be your torch if needed, acting as a guidebook, map, even a translator all the while keep you connected with your loved ones.
Deck Of Cards
After a long day of sightseeing, most of the couples end up unwinding in their room watching TV or keeping themselves busy with their smartphones. While watching television and staying connected is perfectly fine, ending the night with a competitive game of cards can change up the routine and may even lead to a funny story or two.
Separation Is the Key
Packing is where your Tetris skills come in handy. Some just throw everything into a bag without a purpose. Others may tuck things in here and there. However, with a strategic packing plan, you can not only increase your luggage space, but also keep things organized and neat. While every bag is different, here are some good rules of thumb:
- The interior side pockets can be used to store toiletries and medicines. Otherwise, you can keep them in separate bags.
- If you have heavy items, make sure they are at the bottom of the bag. Soft and small objects can be kept on the perimeter.
- Packing cubes can come in handy to store wet and/or dirty clothes or shoes.
- Are you a bookworm? Those books can be used as extra books barriers in your suitcase.
Carry A Camera
It is your honeymoon. You will want to capture some of those unforgettable moments. And sometimes those precious moments deserve much more than smartphone photography. However, with carrying a camera, you have to remember you will also need the charger, extra memory cards, extra batteries, to avoid any unwanted situation.
There you have it – some of our favorite packing tips. Whether you follow them to a “T” or you take some and leave some, we hope you find them helpful.