Deciding what to wear on your honeymoon is something most new brides (and sometimes grooms) think about. But honestly, who has time to think about what you're going to wear on your honeymoon when you are in the midst of putting together one of the biggest and most important events of your life (your wedding!) ? We understand all the stress that brides and grooms are under leading up to the big day so we came up with some ideas, a check list and some tips on how to prepare yourself to make packing a breeze. For more specifics about what exactly we recommend bringing with you on your honeymoon, check out our "What to Pack for Your Honeymoon" article.
Keep In Mind...
- You're going to be taking more photos than usual, so you'll want to look your best. Pack ONLY the a-list items and splurge where and when you can (don't bring those shorts with the hole in them or a warn out beach coverup).
- You may lose weight with the stress of the wedding planning, so be sure to have a few sizes in your honeymoon wardrobe pile.
- Know your destination. Is the resort casual or is it formal? What type of restaurants are you going to? All of this will help you make a plan for what you need to pack.
- Don’t forget to bring the sex appeal. This is your honeymoon for Pete’s Sake! Toss out the old PJ’s and go sexy. If sexy isn’t your style, at the very least pack NEW pajamas!
- Know your excursions. Have an idea of what you plan on doing. For example, if you plan on riding down the beach on a horse at sunset, you're going to need pants or long shorts, in addition to shoes that won't fly off.
- If you plan on hiking, biking or even taking an ATV tour, pack appropriate clothing. Nothing can ruin a fun day more then having a rash, irritated skin or blisters. Trust us, it will put a damper on your fun night.
- Coordinate your jewelry so that you can pack as lightly as possible, but still look hip and fresh.
- Search online companies that sell summer and resort clothing ALL YEAR LONG. They will most likely market to honeymooners and know exactly what you'll need!
- Shop around months in advance. The time of year you are getting married is important. If you want to have all new clothes for your trip, do not wait until the last minute to pull out your packing. Lay out what you think you can use from what you already have, then make a plan to acquire all of your new honeymoon styles.
- If you want it, buy it. Don’t trust that it will be there when you get back. If you set your heart on something, it is never that easy to find it again. Especially if it's out of season!
- If you are getting married in a winter month, keep in mind that there might not be be warm-weather clothes readily available in months prior to your wedding (say November or December). If you are going to a warm weather destination, then start your honeymoon shopping in the summer - when you'll be able to find lots of cute summer clothes to bring with you.
- Consider your destination before shopping. If you are going to an island, you will want flowing fabrics and sexy swimsuits. If you are going to a cold weather locale, splurge for the stylish scarves, warm boots and flattering tops.