Utah is a one-of-a-kind, awe-inspiring combination of intense natural beauty and man-made spectacle. With an abundance of national parks including Canyonlands, Dinosaurland, Bryce Canyon and Zion as well as phenomenal ski resorts and the metropolitan thrills of Salt Lake City, Utah presents an inside view and experience of the American West unlike any other in the region. Utah has become an increasingly popular destination in recent years, particularly on and around the numerous man-made lakes such as Lake Powell. The majority of the land within its borders aredeserts or High Plains anduninhabited so much of the people tend to live in the cities and towns that fringe the massive and spectacular Salt Lake. It is one of the U.S.’s Four Corner states, bordered by Nevada on the West, Idaho to the North, Wyoming to the North and East, Colorado to the East and Arizona to the south.
Your honeymoon in Utah is set among a gorgeous land filled with unforgettable sites and a deep history of diverse people from Native American Utes to Mormon missionaries and rugged mountain men. A paradise in all seasons, cold weather brings excellent skiing and snowboarding while warmer months present phenomenal biking, hiking and seemingly endless outdoor activities.
This land of Brigham Young held much potential to the people who settled it. As a honeymoon hotspot, you’llfind so much to appreciate as well.
The Rocky Mountains, the Great Basin and the Colorado Plateau are among the geological features that give Utah its wealth of unique and incredible outdoor beauty as well as the natural playground of sand dunes, pine forests and arid deserts. The spectacular Salt Lake, which is the fourth largest terminal lake in the world, is referred to as America's Dead Sea and affords its own world of pleasures. From hiking, fishing and skiing to shopping, theater and excellent dining, Utah is an unexpected treasure in the American West.
- HIKE HIDDEN PINON TRAIL, St. George. Hiking is one of the major features to any trip to Utah. Within Snow Canyon State Park you'll find one of the easiest yet most breathtaking nature walks on the Hidden Piñon Trail. What awaits you is an absolutely stunning array of geologic beauty with lava rock and canyons as well as an incredible amount of desert flora including prickly pear cactus, banana yucca and so much more.
- DAVE’S HOLLOW TRAIL, Southwestern Utah. Take a sensational walk among the towering ponderosa pines and spruce trees of Bryce Canyon National Park on this lovely trail. If you have time to spare, you can stop to fish or camp at the beautiful Tropic Reservoir.
- SNOWBASIN, Ogden Valley. To discover the most popular and excellent locations to experience why Utah skiing is all the rage, simply go to Snowbasin. Perfect for skiers of all skill levels, the well-groomed cruising runs of this resort are always a delight. For more advanced thrill-seekers, Snowbasin offers the state’s third-highest vertical drop.
- DISCOVER CAPITOL REEF NATIONAL PARK, Torrey. Walk through sandstone formations, magnificent cliffs and canyons, and experience the surreal 100 mile-long oddity in the Earth's crust called Waterpocket Fold. Full of natural beauty, there’s plenty to keep you enthralled from the orchards of Fruita to the Capitol Gorge Trail or the incredible Grand Wash.
- MORMON TABERNACLE CHOIR, Salt Lake City. You don't have to be from Utah to know about the world-famous Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Visit Temple Square and enliven your honeymoon in Utahby catching one of their beautiful performances. You can also sit in on rehearsals and radio broadcasts free of charge for a very memorable and wonderful experience.
- EXPLORE MOAB. In southeastern Utah the landscape turns a wild assortment of fantastic colors from red, orange and pink to surprising hues of turquoise, creams and browns. Moab is among the most gorgeous natural phenomena in the United States with bizarre rock formations, sheer vertical cliffs and deep canyons all framed by majestic snow-capped mountains. Spending time in Moab is to get back to nature in a most primal and unforgettable way.
Tips and Advice
- AREA CODES: Utah has three area codes—801, 435 and 385.
- CURRENCY: The United States dollar. You should have no problems finding ATMs all around the state at banks and most stores and markets.
- LANGUAGE: English.
- GETTING AROUND: Having a car is definitely your best way to get around the tremendous expanse of Utah. Towns and big cities offer the public transportation you'd expect such as buses, trains and planes, but many of the remoter locations can only be reached by car.
- WHEN TO GO: Utah is a desert state, so the right time to go really depends on what you plan on doing while you're there. The winter months make for the best skiing, while spring and autumn are prime times to visit the national parks. Summer can be very hot and uncomfortable, but shouldn't deter you from enjoying numerous on the water activities.
- ELECTRICITY: All of the United States and Canada use the 110-volt system. Finding converters can be difficult in the U.S., so if you need one, bring it with you.
- TIME ZONE: Mountain Standard Time.
BOOK NOW! This flash sale for a Cook Islands getaway includes round trip airfare for a cheap honeymoon package that doesn't skimp on fun, relaxation and pure seclusion in an island paradise. Just $1949 per person until April 30th! MORE
WEBSITE Instant Getaway Package: A Romantic Travel Deal to the Hilton Marco Island Resort is a vacation deal that gives you perks like romantic meals, complimentary dinners, late check-out and more! It's discount honeymoons offer that gives you Marco Island's best from the gorgeous Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa. MORE
WEBSITE We've partnered with WedPics, a free app that gives you a place to get all your wedding photos in one place without digging through social media profiles after the wedding! Organize, download and even order prints right from the app, and don't spend even one minute scouring the web for friend's photos and videos. MORE