Come to the heart of America where natural beauty, wonderful weather and good old Southern hospitality set the mood for an absolutely lovely honeymoon in Tennessee. Nevermore than a day’s drive from the majority of the United States population, Tennessee is a welcoming destination that’s nearly wall-to-wall with gorgeous wildflowers and dogwoods, outdoor activities and big-city excitement including Memphis and the state capital of Nashville, where you’ll find the world-famous Beale Street.
With luxury log cabins with jacuzzis and private pools, rustic mountain chalets, incredible golfing and fishing, and even the delights of Dollywood, country star Dolly Parton’s world-famous theme park…Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and the ever-serene vistas of the Smoky Mountains promise enough great lodging and activities to keep any couple busy for as long as they plan to stay. Plus, with romantic resorts like Hidden Springs and Honeymoons Hills, Tennessee is truly a wedding and honeymoon heaven.
The state is geographically defined by three regions with West Tennessee nestled in between the Mississippi River on the west and the Tennessee River on the east; while gorgeous rolling hills and streams make up middle Tennessee; and the majestic steeps and ridges of the Great Smoky Mountains are centered in East Tennessee. Throughout the state, you’ll find quaint historic towns, wonderful people, great opportunities for bargain shopping, a wealth of American history, and a world renowned music scene with lively venues showcasing rock ‘n roll, blues, jazz and, of course, the very best country-western music.
Hike over 800 miles of trails year-round in the gorgeous Appalachian Mountains, visit Graceland to get in touch spiritually with Elvis Presley, or relax on the banks of the mighty Mississippi. At any time of the year, there’s so much to see and do in the wide-open expanse of this southern American state to bring out romantic opportunities. If you are seeking an intimate honeymoon with plenty of fun, adventure, one-of-a-kind cuisine, then Tennessee delivers the drama and excitement of other destinations with its own unique spin but without all the crowds.
- GREAT SMOKY MOUNTAINS NATIONAL PARK, Gatlinburg. One of the most incredible national parks in the United States is right here in Tennessee. The Smoky Mountains are an exceptionally beautiful natural environment with so many ways to enjoy. From challenging hikes up gorgeous mountains to quiet contemplation while gazing at spectacular valleys and waterfalls, the park is an essential destination during any visit to the state.
- GRACELAND, Memphis. Elvis Presley may have left us over 30 years ago, but this onetime home of the King of Rock 'n Roll still draws visitors from all over the world by the thousands. More than simply paying homage to the man, you get an inside peek into his rise to superstardom and how this legend changed the face of music forever.
- ROCK CITY GARDENS, Chattanooga. A truly unusual and spectacular site, Rock City is unlike any other natural destination in America. Massive ancient rock formations, breathtaking views and fabulously gorgeous gardens that feature over 400 native plants are all waiting for you to explore. A definite must do activity if you are in the Chattanooga area.
- BLUFF VIEW ART DISTRICT, Chattanooga. A popular stop in Tennessee is the charming Bluff View Art District of Chattanooga. You'll thoroughly enjoy strolling through this historic neighborhood that rests on a bluff-top and offers restaurants, a coffee house and art gallery. There also is a famous old Bed & Breakfast if you choose to stay for the evening and several gardens, plazas and courtyards to stop and catch your breath. The views from this district are stunning of the Tennessee River and beyond.
- COUNTRY MUSIC HALL OF FAME AND MUSEUM, Nashville. Nashville is all about country music and there's no better way to experience it then at the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum. Here you'll find a tremendous collection that compiles more than you ever thought possible with over two centuries history presented in video clips, recorded music, exhibits and live performances and public programs.
- TUCKALEECHEE CAVERNS, Townsend. Underneath the Earth's oldest mountain chain is Tuckaleechee Caverns, an incredibleand beautiful natural formation that was carved out over millennia. Take a tour of the caverns to experience the 20 to 30 million-year-old underground formations, gorgeous colors and if the weather is right, you may even seean underground waterfall.
Tips and Advice
- AREA CODES: Tennessee has six area codes—423, 615, 731, 865, 901 and 931.
- CURRENCY: The United States dollar. You should have no problems finding ATMs all around the state at banks and most stores and markets.
- LANGUAGE: English.
- GETTING AROUND: Like many states in the U.S., car rentals make the most sense if you plan on traveling greater distances. Big cities like Nashville and Memphis have public transportation such as buses and taxis available.
- WHEN TO GO: Tennessee offers plenty to do at all times of the year, but the very best time to go is in the spring, summer and autumn months from April through October.
- ELECTRICITY: All of the United States and Canada use the 110-volt system. Finding converters can be difficult in the U.S., so if you need one, bring it with you.
- TIME ZONE: Tennessee falls under two United States time zones — Eastern Tennessee is in the Eastern Time Zone, while Western Tennessee is one hour earlier in the Central Time Zone.
WEBSITE Instant Getaway Package: A Romantic Travel Deal to the Hilton Marco Island Resort is a vacation deal that gives you perks like romantic meals, complimentary dinners, late check-out and more! It's discount honeymoons offer that gives you Marco Island's best from the gorgeous Hilton Marco Island Beach Resort & Spa. MORE
WEBSITE We've partnered with WedPics, a free app that gives you a place to get all your wedding photos in one place without digging through social media profiles after the wedding! Organize, download and even order prints right from the app, and don't spend even one minute scouring the web for friend's photos and videos. MORE