South Carolina Restaurants
Southern cooking has a charm and appeal like none other. You can find excellent examples of it at the local shack down the street for minimal expense or at a trendy eatery for top dollar, both enjoyable in their own way. Some will say that the secret ingredient that makes southern cuisine so endearing is, of course, love. On your honeymoon in South Carolina, you have many fine examples of high end, expensive southern-style cuisine, but also check out the local bistros for some good old fashioned down home cooking.
- ANSON, Charleston. In the stylish and upscale town of Anson, you’ll be treated to delectable Lowcountry dishes with an original, modern twist. Area favorites like crab, shrimp and grits or creative entrees such as cashew-crusted grouper with champagne sauce are prepared with luxurious flare. The ambiance is quaint and romantic as shuttered windows nestle you in for the evening.
Address: 12 Anson Street
Phone: 843 577 0551
- CHARLIE’S L’ETOILE VERTE, Hilton Head. A favorite of President Clinton, Charlie’s is dressed up like a Parisian bistro, which is at once whimsical and elegant. While the ambiance is quite romantic, you’ll definitely fall in love with the trendy blend of old and New World cuisine. The restaurant is always busy so plan accordingly.
Address: 8 New Orleans Rd
Phone: 843 785 9277
- CQS, Hilton Head. Another favorite of Hilton Head may seem odd to be in a shopping center. However, the ambience sings of the country with wonderful wood floors and rustic décor as well as the attentive service, live piano and creatively heart-felt cuisine. A genuine area original, CQs must not be missed if your honeymoon brings you to the island.
Address: Harbour Town, 140 Lighthouse Lane
Phone: 843 671 2779
- GARIBALDI’S CAFÉ, Columbia. Within the Midlands region, Garibaldi’s presents a wealth of flavorful fish dishes that change with the seasons. Italian may be the foundation, but the cuisine is filtered through South Carolinian sensibilities, which is all the better for you and your new love to enjoy a wonderful night in the capital city.
Address: 2013 Greene Street, Five Points
Phone: 803 771 8888
- HIGH HAMMOCK, Pawleys Island. Casual, yet upscale Lowcountrydining is found at the High Hammock. Inside beautiful wood beams and leather chairs comfort you, while outdoors you’ll relax on the large porch in Adirondack chairs for a lovely dinner. The food is as enchanting as the décor making the mood perfect for a wonderful evening with your betrothed.
Address: 10880 Ocean Highway 21, at the Hammock Shops Village
Phone: 843 919 0300
- COLLECTORS CAFÉ, Myrtle Beach. For honeymooners wanting an escape from the norm, Collectors Café provides just the ticket. This restaurant is also an art gallery and coffeehouse with bright paintings and tile work adorning the walls and tabletops. But it’s not just a gimmick; the Mediterranean cuisine is innovative and thoroughly delicious. Try this one-of-a-kind Myrtle Beach eatery for excellent food and an unusual dining experience during your South Carolina travels.
Address: 7726 N. Kings Highway, North End
Phone: 843 449 9370