- Doc Martin’s. Located in the the Historic Taos Inn, a local landmark built in the 1800s, Doc Martin’s restaurant brings together pleasant service, charming ambiance and American recipes cooked with a dash of the southwest. Add in delicious deserts, zesty margaritas and a wine list with over 400 entries, and it’s no mystery why Doc Martin’s is rated so highly among romance travelers.
- Lambert’s. Founded by a couple who originally came to Taos on their honeymoon, this elegant retaurant is a romantic hostpot in Taos with fresh, delicious food and an intimate yet unpretentious style. The award-winning food will fill hungry honeymoon bellies and the pleasant atmosphere will warm eager honeymoon hearts. Try their classic dish, the pepper Crusted loin of lamb, with some fine wine and then finish the evening flirting over a pair of Lambert’s signature cocktails.
- The Bavarian Lodge & Restaurant. Nestled into the heart of the Taos Ski Valley, The Bavarian serves up German fare from sauerbraten to wienerschnitzel, alongside fine imported beers and American fare like burgers and salads. The log cabin style fits right in surrounded by the stunning Taos mountains, appropriately called something of an “alpine fairy tale” by the New York Times. Perfect for romance, take your honeymoon in Taos to the charm of old Germany at the Bavarian Restaurant.
- Orlando’s New Mexican Cafe. With family recipes and fresh ingredients, Orlando’s New Mexican cafe serves up fantastic “Northern New Mexican” food with fast, friendly service and a solid signature margarita. It’s a bright spot just a short drive from downtown, so couples looking for southwestern food in a fun, relaxed atmosphere will want to give Orlando’s a try.
- Stray Dog Cantina. For couples wanting a relaxing, fun meal, stroll down to the Stray Dog Cantina and enjoy the Taos Ski Valley mountain views from the streamside deck. It’s a great choice for a laid-back breakfast, lunch, or dinner, with locally-brewed beer and margaritas. For reservations, call them at 575-776-2894.