Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
Royal Sonesta Hotel New Orleans
300 Bourbon Street
New Orleans, LA 70130
Enjoy the elegance and beauty of the Royal Sonesta New Orleans, reminiscent of Europe but with an unmistakable New Orleans flavor. The picturesque gabled windows, French doors, and wrought-iron balconies will give you French Quarter experience you have been dreaming of.
Stay in one beautiful suite or guest room out of 483, and relax in the lush courtyards by the pool or the beautifully-manicured gardens. This hotel has one of the best locations in the city—right on Bourbon Street, where all the main attractions are within walking distance.
New Orleans may not be the most popular honeymoon destination, but there an infinite number of romantic possibilities in this gorgeous city, including taking a carriage ride, exploring mansions on St. Charles Avenue, strolling through botanical gardens, and sailing on rivers and lakes.
- Irvin Mayfield’s Jazz Playhouse: Live jazz is offered every night in this playhouse in the lobby.
- Le Booze on Bourbon: This is one of the best social spots on Bourbon Street where locals go to meet. Choose from their selection of mild, medium, and full-bodied cigars.
- Outdoor swimming pool
- Sonesta Art Collection: One of the first hotel programs dedicated to art, this group of works contains more than 7,000 paints, sculptures, prints, and tapestries by relatively anonymous artists and others as well-known as Andy Warhol.
- Desire Bistro & Oyster Bar. This restaurant offers traditional New Orleans cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, overlooking the famous bustle of Bourbon Street.
- PJ’s Coffee Café. This café offers specialty drinks brewed with locally roasted coffee beans. You can also get breakfast and light lunch here including salads, paninis and teas.
- Restaurant R’evolution. This restaurant is a collaboration of award-winning chefs John Folse and Rick Tramonto, who reinvent traditional Cajun and Creole cuisine every night for dinner, lunch on Wednesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays, and for Sunday jazz brunch. The ambiance is intimate, perfect for dressing up to feel sweet and fancy.
- Daiquiri Delight Shop. This place is reminiscent of an old-fashioned ice cream parlor, but serves delightful alcoholic drinks with a signature twist.
In Room Amenities
- Flat screen TV
- Complimentary WiFi
- Movies and video games
- Pillow top mattresses
- King sized pillows
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryer
- Make up mirrors
- Electronic safe
Nearby / Recommended
- Royal Street: Visit eclectic art galleries and shops just one block away from historic Royal Street.
- The French Quarter: Also known as the Vieux Carré in French, the French Quarter is the oldest neighborhood in New Orleans and has been designated a national historic landmark. The Sonesta is in the midst of this district.
- Jackson Square: Jackson Square is a gorgeous historic park in the French Quarter. It is also designated a national historic landmark, and right in its center you can find the gorgeous Saint Louis Cathedral.
- Jackson Brewery: Also known as Jax Brewery to locals, this building was a brewery from 1856 to the 1970’s, but is now a historic building containing shops and restaurants for eclectic shopping in a funky setting.
- Mardi Gras World: Guests to Mardi Gras World can tour the warehouse where the floats are made for the annual Mardi Gras parade.
- National WWII Museum: Located at the corner of Andrew Higgins Boulevard and Magazine Street, this museum focuses on the contribution of the United States to the Allied effort and the Battle of Normandy. History buff couples will want to take a quick break from the bourbon, jazz and gumbo to check it out!